The problem with high rank is that it's boring and predictable

Every game plays the same. Basically..

- Find a Meg or Claudette on a gen. They either run or spint burst away

- They immediately go for some ridiculously long loop

- You hit them, they run to another long loop

- You get close, if they didn't sprint burst earlier then they dead hard now

- They try to 360, then they go down

And when you find them later? They run back to that same loop.

I had a sweaty tryhard meg run to the badham school EVERY time I found here. Thats the problem right there, the survivors always run for the same damn loops time and time again and for many killers there's little you can do but chase, holding forward yay how exciting.

Some loops its stupid just how long it takes to catch up too if they hug the walls and there's a window there.

Basically, the sweaty tryhards all play the same and always go for the same loops game after game after game.

I mean how many times have you found the tryhard on a team and they constantly run to say the abbatoir loop? I get that its for their benefit but boy is it boring seeing the same people running to the same long boring loops every single time you catch them.

Comments

  • It honestly really is boring. That's why I love variety with perks. With maps however, that's a different story. The same loop is open 99% of the time and you already know the survivor is going there and with being able just predict everyone's' moves, yeah it gets pretty boring after a while. Luckily that's mostly when it's just a group, when it's just people playing for fun or by themselves it's a different story. I wouldn't mid seeing some maps be readjusted. Add some windows somewhere else and close one somewhere else. Don't always have a guaranteed pallet somewhere, you know stuff like that, move them around a bit but aside from that I don't know what else we could do to the maps. You got any ideas?

  • Glad you guys agree.

    I don't blame the survivors for trying to live it's just that when you chase someone and every single time they run for the same loop I roll my eyes. It's dull.

    Look at grim pantry. Fairly large map yet I swear 90% of the action takes place underneath the pantry itself.

    These "hot spots" need to go. I'd love to see an activity map if the devs could get those stats. I.e places where people mostly walked were red and least walked places green.
  • The fence loop on badham and the building on wretched shop really needs to get looked into imo. You can waste so much of the killer's time by simply holding shift+w and there's nothing the killer can do about it because it's physically impossible to cut the chase time.
    Yeah wretched shop was another. It shocked me that if they hug the walls tight enough they can actually make it back around.

    Looping is such a stupid thing.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Glad you guys agree.

    I don't blame the survivors for trying to live it's just that when you chase someone and every single time they run for the same loop I roll my eyes. It's dull.

    Look at grim pantry. Fairly large map yet I swear 90% of the action takes place underneath the pantry itself.

    These "hot spots" need to go. I'd love to see an activity map if the devs could get those stats. I.e places where people mostly walked were red and least walked places green.

    Yeah, Survivors are just doing their job, surviving. We just need the chase to be a bit more exciting

  • They should give walls friction :lol: but no doubt the game would be review bombed to hell.
  • It's the same for both side really.
    Killer is boring on high rank because the survivor meta as been stale for almost the entire game existance
    Survivor is boring because the vast majority of killer you will face will be billy because the dev don't want to create killer that are as competitive as him (because of survivor backlash) or nerf him (because of killer backlash)

    If you had on top of that that the dev take literal year to bring very little change to whatever they decide to rebalance or change (Wraith Cube, Freddy Rework, DS nerf, Improved totem placement etc...)
    And the fact that survivor have been fixing those damn gen for 2 ######### year without any variation whatsoever

    Yeah
    The game is pretty dull

  • Huh. I personally haven't gotten bored of the game yet because of certain loops. Matches in my experience play out different enough each time for it to be enjoyable.
    But I understand why some people might get bored of the game. If maps had more equally safe loops and no overly safe loop for survivors that could solve the problem.

  • It's the same for both side really.
    Killer is boring on high rank because the survivor meta as been stale for almost the entire game existance
    Survivor is boring because the vast majority of killer you will face will be billy because the dev don't want to create killer that are as competitive as him (because of survivor backlash) or nerf him (because of killer backlash)

    If you had on top of that that the dev take literal year to bring very little change to whatever they decide to rebalance or change (Wraith Cube, Freddy Rework, DS nerf, Improved totem placement etc...)
    And the fact that survivor have been fixing those damn gen for 2 [BAD WORD] year without any variation whatsoever

    Yeah
    The game is pretty dull

    P3 Claudette or maybe a meg or nea with sprint burst/dead hard, decisive strike, self-care, urban evasion/borrowed time/adrenaline

    Yeah its so predictable. It wont change either until they bring out another extremely powerful perk.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Dragonredking said:

    It's the same for both side really.

    Killer is boring on high rank because the survivor meta as been stale for almost the entire game existance

    Survivor is boring because the vast majority of killer you will face will be billy because the dev don't want to create killer that are as competitive as him (because of survivor backlash) or nerf him (because of killer backlash)

    If you had on top of that that the dev take literal year to bring very little change to whatever they decide to rebalance or change (Wraith Cube, Freddy Rework, DS nerf, Improved totem placement etc...)

    And the fact that survivor have been fixing those damn gen for 2 [BAD WORD] year without any variation whatsoever

    Yeah

    The game is pretty dull

    P3 Claudette or maybe a meg or nea with sprint burst/dead hard, decisive strike, self-care, urban evasion/borrowed time/adrenaline

    Yeah its so predictable. It wont change either until they bring out another extremely powerful perk.

    Or thrash the meta perk but they already show multiple time that they don't have the balls to do that to survivors perk.

  • What else do you want them to do? Run into the basement? 
  • If only Surviors ran in a straight line for me.. Darn.. It’s almost like they’re called.. Survivors 🧐.  Why are they trying to stay in the game as long as possible?  What a bunch of scummy players.  
  • @altruistic said:
    If only Surviors ran in a straight line for me.. Darn.. It’s almost like they’re called.. Survivors 🧐.  Why are they trying to stay in the game as long as possible?  What a bunch of scummy players.  

    So in order to survive, you're just going to intentionally abuse bad game design? You do know there are other loops that aren't as long but can still be effective, right?

  • @BeanieEnthusiast

    @altruistic

    I see in your rush to try and berate me you missed the part where I said I don't blame them for doing it.

    It's just incredibly boring chasing someone and for their first, second and third hook they bolt straight for the same loop every time.

    The loops aren't even fun they just feel like a chore.

  • That's the problem with the high rank in any game. There are simply some strategies that are more efficient, and those at high rank will use them exclusively.

  • Orion said:

    That's the problem with the high rank in any game. There are simply some strategies that are more efficient, and those at high rank will use them exclusively.

    If I play Rainbow Six I don't get the guy on the other team deciding to jump out of a building window and then run back through and out of the window again.
  • Camp and tunnel --> Killers don't need to think about survivors' fun, it is the most efficient strategy, what should I do, go after the fully healed person?

    Survivors using the best and most efficient strategy for themselves --> Bad game design, crutch, unskilled survivors, boring etc. etc.

    Please guys at least be a little bit consistent.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    If I play Rainbow Six I don't get the guy on the other team deciding to jump out of a building window and then run back through and out of the window again.

    Because that's not the most efficient strategy in that game. Did you even read what I said?

  • Delfador said:

    Camp and tunnel --> Killers don't need to think about survivors' fun, it is the most efficient strategy, what should I do, go after the fully healed person?

    Survivors using the best and most efficient strategy for themselves --> Bad game design, crutch, unskilled survivors, boring etc. etc.

    Please guys at least be a little bit consistent.

    Just bodyblock for the unhooked Survivor or don’t unhook when the Killer is nearby.
  • Delfador said:

    Camp and tunnel --> Killers don't need to think about survivors' fun, it is the most efficient strategy, what should I do, go after the fully healed person?

    Survivors using the best and most efficient strategy for themselves --> Bad game design, crutch, unskilled survivors, boring etc. etc.

    Please guys at least be a little bit consistent.

    Yes, becauase I haven't spent the past few weeks in heated debate in thread after thread arguing with all the killer mains about how ######### camp and tunnel is.

    Does anyone on this forum read things befofe they jump to conclusions? Or do they just like to rush smartass comments?

    And yes it is bad game design where a survivor runs around a building every time, but I never said they were unskilled. Well it doesn't take much skill to actually do the loops but its only the tryhards who are skilled who know them and dare do them.
  • Orion said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    If I play Rainbow Six I don't get the guy on the other team deciding to jump out of a building window and then run back through and out of the window again.

    Because that's not the most efficient strategy in that game. Did you even read what I said?

    When the most efficient strategy is running to the same spot over and over again and running in a loop around it then the game design or maps need reviewing.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Delfador said:

    Camp and tunnel --> Killers don't need to think about survivors' fun, it is the most efficient strategy, what should I do, go after the fully healed person?

    Survivors using the best and most efficient strategy for themselves --> Bad game design, crutch, unskilled survivors, boring etc. etc.

    Please guys at least be a little bit consistent.

    Yes, becauase I haven't spent the past few weeks in heated debate in thread after thread arguing with all the killer mains about how ######### camp and tunnel is.

    Does anyone on this forum read things befofe they jump to conclusions? Or do they just like to rush smartass comments?

    And yes it is bad game design where a survivor runs around a building every time, but I never said they were unskilled. Well it doesn't take much skill to actually do the loops but its only the tryhards who are skilled who know them and dare do them.

    Yes because you spent the past few weeks arguing how DS should be removed. I am sure you didn't leave much time to complain about camp and tunnel.

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    Delfador said:

    Camp and tunnel --> Killers don't need to think about survivors' fun, it is the most efficient strategy, what should I do, go after the fully healed person?

    Survivors using the best and most efficient strategy for themselves --> Bad game design, crutch, unskilled survivors, boring etc. etc.

    Please guys at least be a little bit consistent.

    Just bodyblock for the unhooked Survivor or don’t unhook when the Killer is nearby.

    OP talks about perks as well, just equip bamboozle and boom, 90% of loops have been shut down including shack, main buildings bad setups etc.

    I am not even against camping and tunneling, I have stated that multiple times, it might be a boring and a lazy strategy but it is one anyway. After using this strategy, don't blame survivors using ######### strategies as well because they will not stop just like you will not stop.

  • @Delfador

    Either stop pulling things out of your backside or give up.

    I've always said Camp & tunnel is bad and lazy. It's not as efficient as looping the biggest loops anyway.

    This thread wasnt even about ripping on survivors that do it. Already said I can't blame them. It's just incredibly tedious seeing someome run for the same loop time and time again.
  • @BeanieEnthusiast

    @altruistic

    I see in your rush to try and berate me you missed the part where I said I don't blame them for doing it.

    It's just incredibly boring chasing someone and for their first, second and third hook they bolt straight for the same loop every time.

    The loops aren't even fun they just feel like a chore.

    Then why make a discussion complaining that’s its boring and then proceed to say ‘oh please don’t criticise me’. Like really? Just don’t post anything then. 
  • @The_Crusader said:
    When the most efficient strategy is running to the same spot over and over again and running in a loop around it then the game design or maps need reviewing.

    Indeed, but the core issue - that high ranks are boring and predictable - can never be fixed.

  • @BeanieEnthusiast

    @altruistic

    I see in your rush to try and berate me you missed the part where I said I don't blame them for doing it.

    It's just incredibly boring chasing someone and for their first, second and third hook they bolt straight for the same loop every time.

    The loops aren't even fun they just feel like a chore.

    Then why make a discussion complaining that’s its boring and then proceed to say ‘oh please don’t criticise me’. Like really? Just don’t post anything then. 
    No you tried to critisize me for something I never said. That's the difference.
  • @BeanieEnthusiast

    @altruistic

    I see in your rush to try and berate me you missed the part where I said I don't blame them for doing it.

    It's just incredibly boring chasing someone and for their first, second and third hook they bolt straight for the same loop every time.

    The loops aren't even fun they just feel like a chore.

    Then why make a discussion complaining that’s its boring and then proceed to say ‘oh please don’t criticise me’. Like really? Just don’t post anything then. 
    No you tried to critisize me for something I never said. That's the difference.
    Okay well if that’s not what you were saying then you’re basically just whining for no reason at all. Wah the gameplay is the same wah. Here’s an idea, stop crying about people vaulting windows and running around pallets and go find a different game to play. The new Assassins Creed is pretty good, go play that. ASSASSINS CREED IS BORING ALL I DO IS FIGHT MERCENARIES WAH!! Useless thread. 
  • @BeanieEnthusiast

    @altruistic

    I see in your rush to try and berate me you missed the part where I said I don't blame them for doing it.

    It's just incredibly boring chasing someone and for their first, second and third hook they bolt straight for the same loop every time.

    The loops aren't even fun they just feel like a chore.

    Then why make a discussion complaining that’s its boring and then proceed to say ‘oh please don’t criticise me’. Like really? Just don’t post anything then. 
    No you tried to critisize me for something I never said. That's the difference.
    Okay well if that’s not what you were saying then you’re basically just whining for no reason at all. Wah the gameplay is the same wah. Here’s an idea, stop crying about people vaulting windows and running around pallets and go find a different game to play. The new Assassins Creed is pretty good, go play that. ASSASSINS CREED IS BORING ALL I DO IS FIGHT MERCENARIES WAH!! Useless thread. 
    Gee someone sounds angry. Why you so mad bro?

    And its not all loops, just the bigger loops that get used time and time again. Especially when its multiple times each game.
  • @BeanieEnthusiast

    @altruistic

    I see in your rush to try and berate me you missed the part where I said I don't blame them for doing it.

    It's just incredibly boring chasing someone and for their first, second and third hook they bolt straight for the same loop every time.

    The loops aren't even fun they just feel like a chore.

    Then why make a discussion complaining that’s its boring and then proceed to say ‘oh please don’t criticise me’. Like really? Just don’t post anything then. 
    No you tried to critisize me for something I never said. That's the difference.
    Okay well if that’s not what you were saying then you’re basically just whining for no reason at all. Wah the gameplay is the same wah. Here’s an idea, stop crying about people vaulting windows and running around pallets and go find a different game to play. The new Assassins Creed is pretty good, go play that. ASSASSINS CREED IS BORING ALL I DO IS FIGHT MERCENARIES WAH!! Useless thread. 
    Gee someone sounds angry. Why you so mad bro?

    And its not all loops, just the bigger loops that get used time and time again. Especially when its multiple times each game.
    I’m being more sarcastic than angry. As I said, play another game if a window or pallet in a map is triggering you. 
  • Usually those are the survivors that get downed in 5 seconds if you catch them off guard in another part of the map.

  • Look, bottom line is that ranked play in any game is always going to be the same. Your success or failure will depend on how well you can counter the strategies that are used. That's why, in the few multiplayer games that I play, I avoid ranked gameplay at all costs. In DbD, since I have no choice, I try to stay at rank 10-ish (no, I don't derank). It's simply not fun to have to do the same thing over and over and over and over again.

  • Orion said:

    Look, bottom line is that ranked play in any game is always going to be the same. Your success or failure will depend on how well you can counter the strategies that are used. That's why, in the few multiplayer games that I play, I avoid ranked gameplay at all costs. In DbD, since I have no choice, I try to stay at rank 10-ish (no, I don't derank). It's simply not fun to have to do the same thing over and over and over and over again.

    Wait what? I thoight you were the one saying yoj were pro.

    No wonder the camp and tunnel strategy works for you.

    And I tried to stay low rank this month. I had to start messing about with survivors to derank. Because you get safety pips too easy.

    It was nice. Not because survivors were easy hit because I could use the bottom tier killers who I have no perks for. It would be frustrating using them in red ranks.

    And yes, survivors at the low ranks play the game how it feels like it was meant to be played imo. Sure they'll still run pallet loops but they don't do the bigger loops that you get in red ranks.

    Once you're at high rank it feels like it's all about abuising the mechanics of the game as much ad you can. Sure DBD isn't alone in this but still...

    Once you start playing properly though, using killers you're good with and once you start winning to earn BP then you just fly through the ranks right back up to red.
  • The solution is pretty simple - we need more loops, so poor survivors can enjoy some diversity running around the object like a #########, instead of running around same loops over and over again.

  • One TINY thing that's so satisfying to me is when i start a match and i DON'T hear the Obsession sound.
    Can't ever get that satisfaction in high ranks.

  • RSB said:

    The solution is pretty simple - we need more loops, so poor survivors can enjoy some diversity running around the object like a [BAD WORD], instead of running around same loops over and over again.

    We need better killers. I was using a ######### one for my daily.

    Nurse can just blink

    Hag can place traps

    Spirit can phase walk

    Most of the others are just duds.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    Wait what? I thoight you were the one saying yoj were pro.

    No wonder the camp and tunnel strategy works for you.

    And I tried to stay low rank this month. I had to start messing about with survivors to derank. Because you get safety pips too easy.

    It was nice. Not because survivors were easy hit because I could use the bottom tier killers who I have no perks for. It would be frustrating using them in red ranks.

    And yes, survivors at the low ranks play the game how it feels like it was meant to be played imo. Sure they'll still run pallet loops but they don't do the bigger loops that you get in red ranks.

    Once you're at high rank it feels like it's all about abuising the mechanics of the game as much ad you can. Sure DBD isn't alone in this but still...

    Once you start playing properly though, using killers you're good with and once you start winning to earn BP then you just fly through the ranks right back up to red.

    I never said I was a pro. I do have the skill to play at rank 1 as it is now, but I choose not to because it's boring. I play games to have fun; not to do the same thing over and over again until I throw up.
    If DbD ranks were a good indicator of skill, though, I doubt I'd be able to reach rank 1 even if I were playing to the full extent of my ability.

    Yes, high ranks are all about abusing the mechanics to the very extreme. And yes, once you start playing well, you rank up. That's why I play poorly from time to time. If I'm using a Killer I'm not that great with, the Survivors usually take care of that for me, though.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    RSB said:

    The solution is pretty simple - we need more loops, so poor survivors can enjoy some diversity running around the object like a [BAD WORD], instead of running around same loops over and over again.

    We need better killers. I was using a ######### one for my daily.

    Nurse can just blink

    Hag can place traps

    Spirit can phase walk

    Most of the others are just duds.

    Why balance killers, when you can place more loopable objects on a map, and make the game more enjoyable for survivors?

    Who gives a ######### about killers' fun? Screw them.

    Civ is a fun game. Play Nurse or Billy. Break a pallet. McColte is a good guy.

  • @Orion Yes glad we can agree that the problem is the game becomes more boring at rank 1. Thats kind of what I was saying, its just claudettes or megs with sprint burst/dead hard dashing straight for the biggest loops in the game every time. It becomes repetitive.

    @RSB Survivors need more tools to go 1 vs 1 with a killer too. More exhaustion perks!!!
  • @The_Crusader said:
    @Orion Yes glad we can agree that the problem is the game becomes more boring at rank 1. Thats kind of what I was saying, its just claudettes or megs with sprint burst/dead hard dashing straight for the biggest loops in the game every time. It becomes repetitive.

    Like I said, though, that's just a consequence of a ranked system. Some strategies are just better, period.

  • @The_Crusader said:
    @Orion Yes glad we can agree that the problem is the game becomes more boring at rank 1. Thats kind of what I was saying, its just claudettes or megs with sprint burst/dead hard dashing straight for the biggest loops in the game every time. It becomes repetitive.

    @RSB Survivors need more tools to go 1 vs 1 with a killer too. More exhaustion perks!!!

    DS should be used as much as survivor likes, not just once. It is high risk (for killer) and high reward (for survivors) so it is balanced. Like hexes.

  • @Dragonredking said:
    It's the same for both side really.
    Killer is boring on high rank because the survivor meta as been stale for almost the entire game existance
    Survivor is boring because the vast majority of killer you will face will be billy because the dev don't want to create killer that are as competitive as him (because of survivor backlash) or nerf him (because of killer backlash)

    So much this.
    The meta cannot change when nothing is done to change it.

  • RSB said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    @Orion Yes glad we can agree that the problem is the game becomes more boring at rank 1. Thats kind of what I was saying, its just claudettes or megs with sprint burst/dead hard dashing straight for the biggest loops in the game every time. It becomes repetitive.

    @RSB Survivors need more tools to go 1 vs 1 with a killer too. More exhaustion perks!!!

    DS should be used as much as survivor likes, not just once. It is high risk (for killer) and high reward (for survivors) so it is balanced. Like hexes.

    And lets get that perk where survivors can punch killers, or get weapons to fight back like in friday 13th

    Because everybody knows survivors need more buffs.