Disconnect Penalty only penalizes people with bad connections.

If people want to leave a game, they just kill themselves.

The DC penalty only effects people who lose their connection and are disconnected without wanting to.

Pretty obvious if you've been playing killer even somewhat frequently. Perhaps come up with a better solution, because this one does nothing. Maybe penalize people who kill themselves on purpose. Good luck with figuring out that code though.

Comments

  • People seem to accidentally lose internet after going down in chase after about ten seconds or not getting to head on stun and getting locker grabbed or seeing my franklin's an awful lot. It's very strange the stuff that makes internet give up. Someone should write a paper on it.

  • If you're playing with bad Internet then you're ruining the game for four other people. You absolutely deserve to be punished with a dc penalty if you disconnect cause you selfishly decided to play knowing you could ruin others games.

  • @roundpitt said:

    If people want to leave a game, they just kill themselves.

    The DC penalty only effects people who lose their connection and are disconnected without wanting to.

    Pretty obvious if you've been playing killer even somewhat frequently. Perhaps come up with a better solution, because this one does nothing. Maybe penalize people who kill themselves on purpose. Good luck with figuring out that code though.

    Fix your internet and then play online games instead of ruining the matches for other people. How bout that?

  • @shiroo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/346449/disconnect-penalty-only-penalizes-people-with-bad-connections

    Fix your internet and then play online games instead of ruining the matches for other people. How bout that?

    My internet is fantastic. I pay for a Gigabyte internet (up/down). I don't think there's any better internet available, at least in my area. I don't think I've ever disconnected from a game because of internet and I've only seen the "bad ping" indicator on the killer. I have disconnected due to bugs in the game. Like my wife and I will be playing together and all of a sudden one of us get's disconnected and an error code appears on the screen, that actually happens somewhat frequently which I assume is just DB being buggy as hell, which idk why anyone would disagree with that unless they work for Behavior, because it's pretty obvious if you try to play like 10 games.


    I don't understand why so many jumped to attack my internet, while making such huge assumptions. I merely stated a fact that people who do have poor internet connections will be adversely effected by Behavior's poor decision. I don't think anyone should be angry with someone because they have poor internet quality, not everyone lives near a city or is wealthy enough to afford good quality internet. I find it quite shameful that some have this mindset. Perhaps check your privilege.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    If you're playing with bad Internet then you're ruining the game for four other people. You absolutely deserve to be punished with a dc penalty if you disconnect cause you selfishly decided to play knowing you could ruin others games.

    I'm a fan of one single freebie. Sometimes connections drop for a split second and you get dropped thru no fault of your own, sometimes you get disconnected from host but you never actually lost internet, it's happened to me before while I'm actively in a party talking with people. Bhvrs servers aren't the best, but not so bad it should need more than one in a cycle.

  • @Timmylaw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3185609#Comment_3185609

    I'm a fan of one single freebie. Sometimes connections drop for a split second and you get dropped thru no fault of your own, sometimes you get disconnected from host but you never actually lost internet, it's happened to me before while I'm actively in a party talking with people. Bhvrs servers aren't the best, but not so bad it should need more than one in a cycle.

    That's why the first ban is only 5 minutes. By the time you log back in from a disconnected that should be half of it gone already.

    These form of disconnects are rare. If they were common I'd be up for debating a freebie, but to me, someone who has good Internet, I'd say I dc once every two weeks or three weeks due to server issues. I can manage those five minute bans just fine.