Legion's power needs to last WAY longer
Just played my first game as Legion in KYF and this is the very first thing I noticed. Legion's power does NOT last nearly as long as it should nor does it charge as fast as it should. I know there are many topics about Legion right now and I think most of his problems would simply go away if the power lasted longer/recharged faster. It felt like I would press the button and then lose the power in like 10m, full bar too.
Comments
Basically.
His power doesn't last long enough to actually reach the other survivor pings and hit them in time unless they are literally stacked on top of you for some odd reason. This isn't even getting into how useless his Deep Wounds is even IF he WAS able to reach the other survivors in time.
Well DW is not that bad honestly. I played against a Legion that was doing a good job of spreading the damage, and needing to Mend did slow us down quite a bit. The problem I feel is just that his power doesn't last at all. It needs to be like 3 times longer to actually use it to pressure survivors.
By the time you hit the second guy, the first ones Mend is already half way done. If he's not stupid he also isn't going to heal after that. So you didn't gain literally anything out of that transaction except giving the other 2 survivors free gen work time. I think the DW itself is still quite awful and is currently serving no purpose.
If they start Mending right away, but from my experience you can't really do that against a smart Legion. They will just come after you after Frenzy ends, and since the meter continues to tick if they interrupt you then you go down. Most of the time you have to be sure you escaped the chase before Mending. So it does add time, and even though it's not a lot and they could be done with Mending when you finish a chase, that's time not spent on a gen so win for killer still.
Really my only issue I have is the duration and recharge of his power like I say in the OP. I really think that if the power lasted 3 times longer and charged faster Legion would be much MUCH better.
You guys nailed the two biggest issues for Legion: his/her power duration is too short and there's no penalty for not healing against him/her.
Devs should definitely increase the duration so he has more of a chance to get to other survivors.
As for the penalty for not healing, here are 2 ideas.
No. 1 is based on TruTalent's suggestion of completely removing Legion's terror radius and red stain while not in Feral Frenzy. Instead, how about for each injured survivor Legion's terror radius while not in Feral Frenzy is reduced by 8 meters and at a terror radius of 0 meters Legion's red stain is removed.
No. 2 is for each injured survivor, Legion's base movement speed is increased by 1.5 percent.
I kinda like that idea, having the TR reduce the more survivors are injured. encourages team play and provides counterplay. Another suggestion would be to buff Thanatophobia so it is actually a worthwhile perk because it suits Legion's playstyle so damn well.
I like idea 1 the most, however there's an issue with that. The terror radius is just helping you sneak closer to people, it still won't help you in a chase against a wounded guy. Maybe a Feral Frenzy strike against a target that isn't afflicted by Deep Wounds yet but IS injured will make the Deep Wounds timer start already half way down so there's way less time to mend.
Not to mention thst you need to use it to get around some of the larger maps. Yet it just doesnt last long enough at all.
I'm not sure if this is way too OP or not but I came up with this idea that once a survivor successfully mends the deep wound, if they remain injured, the next time legion hits them with Frenzy they get downed instead of going into DW. This would help with the whole survivors not wanting to heal against him because if they don't heal they suffer the consequences
That was my thoughts as well. If they actually had to heal up as well as the Mend action then spreading that pressure would actually be worth the time you'd make them waste. Just the Mend action isn't worth it, you'll waste more time doing it than they waste getting rid of it.
Not only last longer, but most the maps are just so damn big you won't get any pings for other survivors to head towards anyway.