Your opinion (about looping)

What is your opinion about players who just looping and not touching any gen by a whole game. I mean looping is more fun so i'm just asking for your opinion.

Comments

  • As a killer, I love those players

    It's amazing how insistent they are that I chase them and when I don't, they just stay on my ass trying to get me to chase them. It's free pressure! I especially like getting messages from them later asking if I was scared or something. Not scared, I'm just not an idiot who gets into chases with the guy who is very clearly baiting me to the strong loops 🤣

  • That’s the role I play in my squad. I’m the primary chase, 1 dude serves as a secondary chase (in case I’m about to go down or killer won’t commit to me long). We both center our builds around chase.

    Our other 2 run more gen rush type builds and stay away from chase if they can. (They like to do gens lol). Depending on killer’s commitment (I will teabag and taunt to keep it) I won’t touch gens usually.

  • If they're actually good at it and buy time for a few gens, accept to be healed when offered (to get longer chases), and don't just follow killer around when killer loses interest, I'm more than okay with them.

    If they're the kind that DCs if the killer doesn't chase them, that refuse to do gens once killer has lost interest, or that are plain bad at chases and will just take their two 20 seconds and then die on hook to get into a new game (and repeat the process), they're a dead weight to the team.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    As a killer, I love those players

    It's amazing how insistent they are that I chase them and when I don't, they just stay on my ass trying to get me to chase them. It's free pressure! I especially like getting messages from them later asking if I was scared or something 🤣

    This only works with lower skilled survivors. They gotta learn to take what chase they can get, then immediately hop on a gen if killer won’t commit. If they can last in chase that is.

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184963#Comment_3184963

    This only works with lower skilled survivors. They gotta learn to take what chase they can get, then immediately hop on a gen if killer won’t commit. If they can last in chase that is.

    That is true but at least based on the criteria the OP put in their post, the survivor who doesn't know when to stop trying to bait the killer and stays off the gens just trying to get the killer to chase them is the survivor I'm going up against. And if that is the survivor I'm up against, I'm going to ignore them because nothing makes them saltier than being ignored :D

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184970#Comment_3184970

    That is true but at least based on the criteria the OP put in their post, the survivor who doesn't know when to stop trying to bait the killer and stays off the gens just trying to get the killer to chase them is the survivor I'm going up against. And if that is the survivor I'm up against, I'm going to ignore them because nothing makes them saltier than being ignored :D

    I feel you man. Sometimes I’ll humor them and laugh when they dc because they go down 20 seconds after clicking and teabagging at me. 😂

  • In SoloQ I tend to try and draw chase now. - Because you have to practise somewhere and there is no getting better without trying. And failing. A lot.

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184963#Comment_3184963

    This only works with lower skilled survivors. They gotta learn to take what chase they can get, then immediately hop on a gen if killer won’t commit. If they can last in chase that is.

    The ones baiting the killer into chase usually arent the type of players who want to win/escape

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184970#Comment_3184970

    The ones baiting the killer into chase usually arent the type of players who want to win/escape

    Can’t relate. My team wins majority of our games pretty easily.

    Even in solo, I will bait the killer to chase me because I know I have the ability to keep him busy while the teammates HOPEFULLY hit gens.

  • If I'm survivor? Happy to have them if they're good.

    If I'm killer? I just ignore them as they usually run to strong tiles away from gens. These people will often lead to someone else getting indirectly tunneled when they do it all match.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    As a killer, I love those players

    It's amazing how insistent they are that I chase them and when I don't, they just stay on my ass trying to get me to chase them. It's free pressure! I especially like getting messages from them later asking if I was scared or something 🤣

    For sure, as a killer, having a surv following you around begging for a chase is an absolute gift. The more desperate a surv acts for attention, the less likely I am to give it to them, because they are throwing the game for their team. Keep on clicking and teabagging champ.

    As a surv, a teammate who can actually loop a killer for a long time (not just think they can) is a huge boon. That said, I don't see it that much. Good killers just aren't going to allow themselves to be looped for a long time, if the surv is running them all over, they drop.

  • If you dont do gens I dont want you on my team.

    It's that simple, I dont really care if you're an amazing looper or not but theres 0 reason you cant do gens. It doesnt bother me if people arent good at chases but the moment they avoid gens they are basically throwing the game for no reason.

    I like getting chased, it is the most fun part especially when you have learned and been playing for so long but I'm not gonna never touch a gen, it's the objective and if everyone pushes gens they arent long at all. Besides a killer is more likely to chase you if they see you pushing gens

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3184963#Comment_3184963

    This only works with lower skilled survivors. They gotta learn to take what chase they can get, then immediately hop on a gen if killer won’t commit. If they can last in chase that is.

    Not always, you'd be amazed the number of games I've turned around because the survivors appear to have assumed I'm new simply due to being repeatedly outplayed in chase.

    They seem to forget their objective all together and then get destroyed at 1-2 gens left because they just stop repairing gens and try to get in your face.

    Whether that was the plan all along who knows but many are very salty about the match outcome post game, so makes me think it wasn't.

  • chases are significantly more fun than patrolling gens and looking for immersed survivors