Should I get Curtain Call or Chains of Hate?

I'm stuck between these two before the end of a sale. I've heard Kate Denzon is good but I've heard the clown is boring. And I haven't really heard anything about Chains of Hate. An advice?

Comments

  • Kate vs Zarina:

    This one's honestly difficult to call. All three of Kate's perks are decent. Zarina's perks are... well 2 of them are incredibly fun but not good, then after some semi recent buffs, Off the Record is probably the best anti tunnel perk in the game.

    Deathslinger vs Clown:

    Perk wise I think Clown comes on top. Bamboozle is very good for the killers who can use it. I think Pop is still... ok even after its nerfs and Coulrophobia is honestly the best Terror Radius weaponizing perk in the game however the other perks you'd pair with it are kinda meh, so it's kinda just Ok. Deathslinger's perks are just kinda there. Gearhead is not particularly good, though it is better than it was. Retribution is nice but not amazing. Dead Man's Switch can be alright if paired with Artist's Pain Resonance but otherwise is not good.

    Power wise... to be honest I used to really like playing as Deathslinger. Then they nerfed him in such a way that I see zero reason to play as him ever again. So even though Clown isn't amazing, I'd pick him over Slinger in an instant if I was judging those two DLC's just off playing as the killer.

    Final Conclusion: If you mostly play Survivor and don't have Off the Record yet, you might want to buy Chains of Hate for that. Otherwise, I would say Curtain Call is a better buy.

  • I don't know if this is an option since you're asking but...

    Neither

    Both of those are Original Chapters, which means both of them can be earned without having to pay money

    BUT if you do insist on buying one or the other, @FFirebrandd pretty well nails it. Both killers are considered to be on the weaker side (personally I find them both super fun but they are both pretty much C Tier killers).

    The write-up Fire did on the perks is solid advice.

  • Yeah @tippy2k2 makes a good point. I don't know if any of the licensed DLCs are on the sale, but arguably going for any of those (Halloween, Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Silent Hill, either Resident Evil, etc) are a better option than either of the ones you mentioned because you can't just get them by amassing shards.

  • I wouldn't recommend either one.

    Both killers are weak.

    The perks can be decent.

  • Curtain Call gives you 2 characters and 6 perks of which 3 or 4 are pretty decent.

    Chains of Hate gives you 1 character with 3 niche/weak perks.