How would you buff dance with me?

Personally I think reducing the cooldown from 40 secs to 20 secs would do wonders for the perk. Why quick and quiet can have a powerful effect that has short cooldown but dance with me which is arguably worse has to be 40?

Comments

  • It's a niche and strange perk that existed before some of the stronger "hide my scratch marks" perks exist.

    To be fair, the consistency and on-demand aspect of Dance With Me is what makes it fairly reliable (compared to Poised, Lucky Break, Low Profile, and the newly buffed Lightweight).

    It's main drawback is that it's a combo perk, and not a perk that's strong by itself. Dance With Me + Lithe + Quick and Quiet is still a strong combo, you just don't see it since running three perks for one gimmick is not such a good idea.

    As for the post, I'm not sure how I would buff it, if at all. It has a niche as a combo perk, and it's strong in that niche. I don't think there's anything wrong with having strange off-meta gimmick perks.

  • I would make it force the killer to break dance with me for 20 seconds .

  • Working on a generator for a total of 50%, go into a locker and craft a "boogie bomb"

  • Increase the duration to 5 seconds, decrease the cooldown, and it also make it hide your grunts of pain and pools of blood as well instead of just your scratch marks.

  • I would increase the duration to 4 seconds and lower the cooldown to 20 seconds

  • I would make it last 1 hour.

  • Keep the cooldown. Fast vault from any angle.

  • Just lower the cool down or, extend it's duration, and add hidden pools of blood and grunts of pain to it. It got power crept by newer stealthy chase perks that hides scratch marks.

    I'm surprised the devs left dance with me untouched for so long, considering they buffed boil over and windows of opportunity (can you believe this perk used to have a 40 second cooldown??!)

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    Increase the duration to 5 seconds, decrease the cooldown, and it also make it hide your grunts of pain and pools of blood as well instead of just your scratch marks.

    How about not going from "decent combo perk" to "OP in any combo and good on Its own". This is too much.

  • @EvieSimpsForCrowLady said:

    Personally I think reducing the cooldown from 40 secs to 20 secs would do wonders for the perk. Why quick and quiet can have a powerful effect that has short cooldown but dance with me which is arguably worse has to be 40?

    I would change the cooldown to 30/25/20 to give it a better synergy with Quick and Quiet. It should also reduce your footstep audio by 25% for the duration. Would still be a niche perk, but now it would have better synergies with other perks.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    Increase the duration to 5 seconds, decrease the cooldown, and it also make it hide your grunts of pain and pools of blood as well instead of just your scratch marks.

    Either increase timing or decrease cool down. Both is too much. But I prefer the 5sec, 3sec is only work if paired with Lithe. Short cool down can be annoying.

  • Do perks that aren't meta need buffs or is it just because the perks are made for specific situations. People run sprint burst, adrenaline, dead hard, prove thyself, unbreakable, Circle of Healing, etc. because they apply to every situation. we don't need to make EVERY perk do that.

  • I'm not sure dance with me needs a buff but I sure as heck would like the utility of quieter footsteps. Parental guidance should probably get a buff in this way. Seeing how trash it is when killer just opens their ears after you've stunned them.

  • Longer duration or shorter cooldown would be perfect.

    I've been using Lithe + Dance With Me for a few weeks and it helped me escape a few chases, but it could do with a little buff.

  • @kizuati said:

    Keep the cooldown. Fast vault from any angle.

    I wanted to add increased vault speed, but i like this so much better.