By design, Legion is the universally least fun killer in the game

While I'll concede that Legion would be at least decent with normal killer movement speed, it still doesn't address the fact he is the least fun killer in the game for both sides. I originally thought just giving him normal movespeed would at least bandaid him but he's actually completely fundamentally broken. Let's look at the ways to play him and why they are all terrible for both killer and survivor.


Basically the gameplay flow is: find survivor -> feral when close enough -> get free hit -> look around for nearby survivors. If none nearby, hit original target again to bleed out more. If there are survivors in range, tag them until you can't tag anyone else, then hit the closest survivor again to drain frenzy.

From there, you have a few options. The first is go look for someone who is mending, and just chase them as a no-power 110% movespeed killer. As long as the survivors have a brain and used their 20 seconds of bleedout to get to even a remotely safe area, this is painful and unfun for the killer.

You can also just repeatedly hit the survivor, waiting for your power to cooldown (which can be aided by addons). This guarantees you will eventually down the survivor because there's not much you can do to avoid a feral Legion. This is painful and unfun for the survivor.

The other option is to follow a survivor backwards and just cheese the chase mechanics of the game until they either bleed out or get to low enough bleedout to be hit by an unavoidable frenzy hit. This is painful and unfun for the survivor and the killer.

Hell, even people that still like hiding / playing stealthily can't do that.

That's it. Those are the options Legion has to down people. All of them are immensely boring, and not even 115% movespeed will fix these issues. He is fundamentally badly designed for maximum unfun. The developers in charge of Legion absolutely do not understand this, as they thought removing the double stun would be a good fix, when in reality all it does is promote the unavoidable eventual downing of a survivor with no counterplay earlier.

The sad part is even though he can guarantee downs on survivors, he's still awful. It takes a decent chunk of time without addons to either cheese chase mechanic down or just repeat-power use down. This ensures: the survivor being chased eventually has no counterplay, which feels terrible. It ensures the Legion will still lose vs. a coordinated team who spread out and do not waste time healing (because there is no point), and it ensures that the other teammates not actively being chased are either bored mending or bored doing generators.

Every single thing about Legion is bad.

Comments

  • @Theluckyboi said:
    Friendly reminder the only reason Legion exists is because deathgarden sold poorly and they had to rush a new killer before christmas

    Wrong. The chapters roadmap was already hammered in stone many months before deathgarden even was announced.

  • Don't get me wrong, I have had a lot of fun with the Legion already and even pulled off a 4th survivor Morrie, but I have a major complaint.....HE IS SO F****** SLOW!!!!!! survivors can run in a straight line and I will almost never touch them. its soo annoying especially since the LEGION CAN RUN! WHY IS HE SLOW?! Wait ik, the ability draw back, and NOT BEING ABLE TO DOWN SOME ONE WHEN RUNNING IS #########!!!

    Without a speed addon for Legions ability, I have found that getting even 2 kills is a challenge unless you camp. I rage when survivors without Sprint Burst can seemingly walk away from me for the whole map on ability cooldown, but don't die when you hit them when they are injured.... When you run up to them and leave the Frenzy mode to drop them, the drawback [BAD WORD] you and they walk away.,...…..JUST #########

  • https://youtu.be/oExzT4O0Ap8

    This makes Legion look bad, very bad in fact in terms of design.

    Survivors can't get away from him. I know others have reccomended this strategy on these forums. I tried it myself with success. You can't afford to run away but legion never stops long enough to let you mend.

    I see now why they had the timer pause on the ptb while you were mending. That was so you had a fair chance to defend yourself.

    Then everyone complained he waa too weak which he does feel at times so now we get this.

    What a nightmarish convoluted design. It really is Freddy all over again - glaring weaknesses such as exit gates yet that feeling that once they find you, you can't escape them.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    This makes Legion look bad, very bad in fact in terms of design.

    Survivors can't get away from him. I know others have reccomended this strategy on these forums. I tried it myself with success. You can't afford to run away but legion never stops long enough to let you mend.

    I see now why they had the timer pause on the ptb while you were mending. That was so you had a fair chance to defend yourself.

    Then everyone complained he waa too weak which he does feel at times so now we get this.

    What a nightmarish convulted design.

    This is what we are trying to say but people already made their mind up already. They don't even listen.

    He is bad at the same time really good. It is astounding what devs can achieve.

    He needs a rework.

  • Delfador said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    This makes Legion look bad, very bad in fact in terms of design.

    Survivors can't get away from him. I know others have reccomended this strategy on these forums. I tried it myself with success. You can't afford to run away but legion never stops long enough to let you mend.

    I see now why they had the timer pause on the ptb while you were mending. That was so you had a fair chance to defend yourself.

    Then everyone complained he waa too weak which he does feel at times so now we get this.

    What a nightmarish convulted design.

    This is what we are trying to say but people already made their mind up already. They don't even listen.

    He is bad at the same time really good. It is astounding what devs can achieve.

    He needs a rework.

    I'm not going to disagree with that.

    In 2019 we will be talking about a Legion rework the same way we talk abour a Freddy rework. I can see that.

    Right now everyone is calling for a buff because they're trying to attack people at 110% speed which really does make him feel useless.

    Once more people figure out how to cheese the system and bring perks like bloodhoud and stridor it's going to be awful facing him.

    After Curtain Call and Shattered Bloodline this is a real disappointment.
  • Delfador said:

    @The_Crusader said:
    This makes Legion look bad, very bad in fact in terms of design.

    Survivors can't get away from him. I know others have reccomended this strategy on these forums. I tried it myself with success. You can't afford to run away but legion never stops long enough to let you mend.

    I see now why they had the timer pause on the ptb while you were mending. That was so you had a fair chance to defend yourself.

    Then everyone complained he waa too weak which he does feel at times so now we get this.

    What a nightmarish convulted design.

    This is what we are trying to say but people already made their mind up already. They don't even listen.

    He is bad at the same time really good. It is astounding what devs can achieve.

    He needs a rework.

    I'm not going to disagree with that.

    In 2019 we will be talking about a Legion rework the same way we talk abour a Freddy rework. I can see that.

    Right now everyone is calling for a buff because they're trying to attack people at 110% speed which really does make him feel useless.

    Once more people figure out how to cheese the system and bring perks like bloodhoud and stridor it's going to be awful facing him.

    After Curtain Call and Shattered Bloodline this is a real disappointment.
    They did it , they created a killer so weak everyone forgot about Freddy’s buff and now they’re all worried about legion lol 
1 2 3 ›