Suggestion: Clarity for the Broken status effect

Often, survivors will spend valuable time trying to heal someone who's being affected by Broken, before realizing they are unable to.

In many of my matches, usually when I'm running No Mither, my allies will spend ~5 seconds trying to heal me before they realize that I have the Broken status effect. I have almost 2000hrs and I have done the same thing myself a good handful of times.

My idea is to make it contextually visible when near a Broken survivor that you cannot heal them, perhaps something that would replace/be near the usual healing progress bar.

Thank y'all for any consideration!

Comments

  • Sounds good to me. I've made the mistake a few times, and had some people that wouldn't stop following me around motioning for heals. It'd clear up some confusion.

  • Yes please. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had survivors follow me everywhere wanting to heal and refuse to work on a gen instead. I frequently use deli and FTP so this is a common thing for me.

  • @Ratroe said:

    Often, survivors will spend valuable time trying to heal someone who's being affected by Broken, before realizing they are unable to.

    In many of my matches, usually when I'm running No Mither, my allies will spend ~5 seconds trying to heal me before they realize that I have the Broken status effect. I have almost 2000hrs and I have done the same thing myself a good handful of times.

    My idea is to make it contextually visible when near a Broken survivor that you cannot heal them, perhaps something that would replace/be near the usual healing progress bar.

    Thank y'all for any consideration!

    Agreed, some kind of animation a bit like how an asleep survivor has one would be just fine.

  • @Ratroe said:

    Often, survivors will spend valuable time trying to heal someone who's being affected by Broken, before realizing they are unable to.

    In many of my matches, usually when I'm running No Mither, my allies will spend ~5 seconds trying to heal me before they realize that I have the Broken status effect. I have almost 2000hrs and I have done the same thing myself a good handful of times.

    My idea is to make it contextually visible when near a Broken survivor that you cannot heal them, perhaps something that would replace/be near the usual healing progress bar.

    Thank y'all for any consideration!

    I mean all you have to do is look at their portrait and its right there.

  • I've had certain teammates sell me out in spite because I wouldn't heal them and instead wanted to be healed because well...they're broken. I can't heal them and then they think I'm just refusing to.