Hooks

Anyone else having some really weird hook spawns on indoor maps ? had 4 in a row on smaller maps where I downed someone and couldn’t find a hook on that entire side of map/the floor im on, or worse it would be in a corner of a room with 12 tight ass corners that don’t actually lead to the hook .

Had to drop my first downed surv multiple times and knew the match was theirs (I’m hag and pretty new). Also lag is kicking in heavy today .

Comments

  • Indoors seem to have way too spread out hooks but outdoors have way too common hooks.

  • @JakeCannon said:

    Anyone else having some really weird hook spawns on indoor maps ? had 4 in a row on smaller maps where I downed someone and couldn’t find a hook on that entire side of map/the floor im on, or worse it would be in a corner of a room with 12 tight ass corners that don’t actually lead to the hook .

    Had to drop my first downed surv multiple times and knew the match was theirs (I’m hag and pretty new). Also lag is kicking in heavy today .

    Agitation mad grit iron grasp trapper for the win, lol

    Edit: plus our lord and saviour lightborn of course

  • @JakeCannon said:

    Anyone else having some really weird hook spawns on indoor maps ? had 4 in a row on smaller maps where I downed someone and couldn’t find a hook on that entire side of map/the floor im on, or worse it would be in a corner of a room with 12 tight ass corners that don’t actually lead to the hook .

    Had to drop my first downed surv multiple times and knew the match was theirs (I’m hag and pretty new). Also lag is kicking in heavy today .

    Its mainly due to double layers. Hook spawns are created based upon the size of the map. Due to that, double layer maps are harder to generate hooks correctly for since there has to be a close amount on both layers. The issue is, if you use a hook up above and its gone, you might be screwed later on. The larger the map, the more hooks. The smaller the map, the less hooks generated.

  • My worst game like this was a Midwich with terrible hook spawns, and that got worse with every death.

    (I was actually with Hag for this one as well)

    I think I must have had survivors breaking out maybe 5 or 6 times because I either couldn't find a hook, or the closest one was behind a breakable wall I didn't open, and I didn't have time to look for another. (One of the survs had Boil Over as well, which while a bit of a weak perk got them a lot of value this game)

    Eventually we all had a good laugh about it in endgame chat, seeing as the survivors noticed my desperation grow with each down, until I eventually resorted to leaving them slugged for a moment to scout where the nearest hook was before picking them up.

    It was a bit frustrating during the game, but really funny looking back on it.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/344633/hooks

    Agitation mad grit iron grasp trapper for the win, lol

    Edit: plus our lord and saviour lightborn of course

    I don’t have either lol