Is it possible to actually get a pickup via the Wesker Exit Gate blocker?

I was able to slam a healthy person against the exit gates, and (while the blocker was active) stab them again. However, even with 8 stacks of STBFL, I wasn't able to pick them up before they crawled out.

The only time I slammed someone already injured, they were being blocked with healtech (so I couldn't pick them up either). Setting aside healtech, does the blocker give you enough time to pick up an injured person you slam against the gates?

Comments

  • I had the same issue. Didn’t even realize he had an exit gate blocker. It definitely does not work if intended.

    Just like everything else about Wesker.

  • If they're injured or fully infected, they go straight to pickup... but yeah, it's shorter than his cooldown otherwise. Either way, the gate blocker is irrelevant.

  • Only if they are injured or fully infected, otherwise they can crawl out if they go down to a basic attack.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    I had the same issue. Didn’t even realize he had an exit gate blocker. It definitely does not work if intended.

    Just like everything else about Wesker.

    I'd like to believe it is intended due to how it synergies with Terminus.

  • The intention of the exit gate blocker is that if you throw them against the exit gate you'll be able to pick them up. If they're not injured or they're not fully infected, the gate doesn't block for long enough to do anything.

    So it's the same as Pinhead and Deathslinger. If the person is injured, then you can kill them in the exit gate. If they're healthy, then they'll just escape. Twins also blocks the exit, but that process forces you to be injured so getting hit in that case is always a pickup. And if you are injured in the exit gate, Victor doesn't help at all.

  • @mischiefmanaged said:

    The intention of the exit gate blocker is that if you throw them against the exit gate you'll be able to pick them up. If they're not injured or they're not fully infected, the gate doesn't block for long enough to do anything.

    So it's the same as Pinhead and Deathslinger. If the person is injured, then you can kill them in the exit gate. If they're healthy, then they'll just escape. Twins also blocks the exit, but that process forces you to be injured so getting hit in that case is always a pickup. And if you are injured in the exit gate, Victor doesn't help at all.

    Yeah, that's what I assumed too. Rather then zooming up to them and just throwing them out instead, it blocks briefly for a slam.