why is it so hard to get rid of the infinite flashlights

Seriously 6 games today where I was blinded by someone with endless flashlight. There were many failed attempts working WELL beyond the 8 seconds they were supposed to have every time being equipped with 2 blind duration add-ons. Had a shirtless David earlier on me every time. Most of the time he just failed spending 3+ seconds trying to blind me as I carried to hook after he failed to get the save but he also managed to do some critical timed ones he should have never had the charges to attempt. I even check for that perk that makes them burn charges slower and nadda. Just infinite juice blind sticks. and it's getting to the point if I see flashlights at all I bring lightborn. I should not have to bring a perk to counter hacked flashlights. they by shear amount of use will get their stuns if I don't and often have multiple survivors running them. Seriously I will run lightborn and they will sit there for many times longer than they should shining me in the face then run off and vanish into the night as I hook (the aura doesn't last long enough to catch up and scratch marks will stop random places with no trace)

Comments

  • Battery add-ons and Built To Last on a purple flashlight do wonders

  • How about getting rid of the scroll wheel flashlights first :)

    Some survivors become crickets because of them

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Battery add-ons and Built To Last on a purple flashlight do wonders

    But they aren't bringing those, they are bringing green flashlights with 2 blind duration add-ons

    they are also not bringing that perk.

  • @ryokoryu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3152603#Comment_3152603

    But they aren't bringing those, they are bringing green flashlights with 2 blind duration add-ons

    they are also not bringing that perk.

    What about Streetwise? And what about their teammates- did any of them have SW or B2L? Cause they could have just given them the torch to recharge or the SW boost while you’re picking them up.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153634#Comment_3153634

    What about Streetwise? And what about their teammates- did any of them have SW or B2L? Cause they could have just given them the torch to recharge or the SW boost while you’re picking them up.

    no, they aren't. Just infinite use flashlights. Like I said I see a flashlight I bring lightborn and it becomes obvious who's doing it as they just try and try. Base FL duration is 8 seconds for the greens. they will sit there and try to blind me as I pick up and walk over to a hook. I have never even seen the perk built to last used ever so no they aren't using that.

  • @ryokoryu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3153638#Comment_3153638

    no, they aren't. Just infinite use flashlights. Like I said I see a flashlight I bring lightborn and it becomes obvious who's doing it as they just try and try. Base FL duration is 8 seconds for the greens. they will sit there and try to blind me as I pick up and walk over to a hook. I have never even seen the perk built to last used ever so no they aren't using that.

    Hmmm…idk then. When you say infinite, do you literally mean the flashlight is infinite and they’re cheating? Or the current state of green flashlights and add-ons are too OP?

  • as in they wre using them way too long not to be cheating.

  • They MIGHT have found another one in chests, but it does seem sus

  • yeah just had a game where a fend never turned off her flashlight literally kept me blinded for 3 gens. Green and 2 stun duration add-ons see one flashlight thought well I will chance it. Having to take perks to counter cheats

  • @ryokoryu said:

    Seriously 6 games today where I was blinded by someone with endless flashlight. There were many failed attempts working WELL beyond the 8 seconds they were supposed to have every time being equipped with 2 blind duration add-ons. Had a shirtless David earlier on me every time. Most of the time he just failed spending 3+ seconds trying to blind me as I carried to hook after he failed to get the save but he also managed to do some critical timed ones he should have never had the charges to attempt. I even check for that perk that makes them burn charges slower and nadda. Just infinite juice blind sticks. and it's getting to the point if I see flashlights at all I bring lightborn. I should not have to bring a perk to counter hacked flashlights. they by shear amount of use will get their stuns if I don't and often have multiple survivors running them. Seriously I will run lightborn and they will sit there for many times longer than they should shining me in the face then run off and vanish into the night as I hook (the aura doesn't last long enough to catch up and scratch marks will stop random places with no trace)

    Simple fix: lightborn

  • You've obviously missed the point. I don't want to take a perk to counter a cheat.