Question for the "long time" players

Has BHVR ever reverted something in the past?

I started playing in 2020, this is the first time I've experienced them reverting something. Altho I'm glad they did, Mettle of Man was one of my favourite perks xd

Comments

  • Is it a revert or is it a buff? Aka do you need 3 hits or 2? : D

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Is it a revert or is it a buff? Aka do you need 3 hits or 2? : D

    2 hits but it is not big deal.

    The important question is that, is it makes you mending after you use it? Because if it is not, this will make it stackable with other endurance perks.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149196#Comment_3149196

    2 hits but it is not big deal.

    The important question is that, is it makes you mending after you use it? Because if it is not, this will make it stackable with other endurance perks.

    I think they said its not an endurance effect but im too lazy to go back and check. So it should stack.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Is it a revert or is it a buff? Aka do you need 3 hits or 2? : D

    It's a complete revert, so that means 3 protection hits to activate. The only thing that was changed they said was that it no longer gives you endurance effect... so that means it has potential to stack. (I find fair because you have to chew threw a few health states to achieve it)

  • To actually answer the question there were some flashlight changes in 1.9.2 that made getting saves stupid easy I think and it only lasted a couple days. I was taking a break at the time so I wasn't around for it but heard it was a nightmare.

  • Not exactly what you're saying, but they originally said they'd never make a Clown killer in the game, as they did not want to prey on people's fears.

    Soon after, they released The Clown .

  • @Xendritch said:

    To actually answer the question there were some flashlight changes in 1.9.2 that made getting saves stupid easy I think and it only lasted a couple days. I was taking a break at the time so I wasn't around for it but heard it was a nightmare.

    also pallet saves. they made it so if you got the blind/stun at the wrong timing, the killer would drop the survivor after the pickup animation was over

  • I've only been playing since Legion/Plague came out but I've watched tons of vids from dbds past and they've walked back so much random stuff before

    When ghostface was on PTB, they added a really irritating 'stun effect' to the killer POV. Basically imagine anytime you got hit with a pallet, there'd be a brief red flashing border on your screen. Really annoying

    Someone mentioned the blind/stun timing - that was a big deal back then since it made flashlights the most busted item in the whole game. No skill required.

    In one PTB, Pig's RBT timer wouldn't tick down if you were in the Pig's terror radius at all, instead of how it works now where it's only if you're in chase