Thoughts on PTB changes?

I like them. They seems fair and address many people's concerns with previous changes and things added to the PTB.

Comments

  • @Ginnypig said:

    Wesker got nerfed badly in favor of survivors. Once again the tears of survivors played on a ptb played a role for possible A+ tier killer to be a B tier at best. Congrats, Now let me get back to nurse lol

    wut

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147799#Comment_3147799

    The thing I'm upset about with Reassurance is that you previously could use it to stop a facecamping Bubba in his tracks. Now he's still going to get at least one kill out of it halfway through the game, and probably more considering that you need to keep running back to his lair between gens. Previously with Reassurance, he got the kill at the very end but couldn't accomplish anything else through the entire match as long as one person had the perk, which ideally would have made the strat much less attractive and discouraged people from playing like that.

    It's not useless, but it's not a hard counter like it was previously. It was not necessary to nerf Reassurance this hard in order to fix the problematic part of it.

    I do agree with that. It's still going to be a strong perk, but there was no reason to nerf it's effectiveness from the ptb.

    Though, I have to ask, did you ever use this perk against a camping bubba in the ptb? And if so, effectively? Because I feel like the very limited range will make it kind of hard to proc against a Leatherface, as he'll just insta down you with his chainsaw. Which is one of the reasons I wish they would have increased the range of Reassurance to 12 or 16 meters as a compensation buff.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147811#Comment_3147811

    I do agree with that. It's still going to be a strong perk, but there was no reason to nerf it's effectiveness from the ptb.

    Though, I have to ask, did you ever use this perk against a camping bubba in the ptb? And if so, effectively? Because I feel like the very limited range will make it kind of hard to proc against a Leatherface, as he'll just insta down you with his chainsaw. Which is one of the reasons I wish they would have increased the range of Reassurance to 12 or 16 meters as a compensation buff.

    I did not, but that's because not a lot of people played anything other than Wesker on the PTB (much less wasted time trolling). You have a point, but at the same time - I don't know, they probably would have adapted to Reassurance, but most of them hug the hook and only rev if you moved to save. They usually play it super safe so nobody can sneak in from behind while they menaced you. It's also very easy to use Reassurance on the basement hooks, which is their favorite place to be. But I do agree that 6m is pretty punishing for the current power level. I'd rather see the perk buffed in a way that it's individually stronger, but I'd take that compensation in a pinch.

  • Personally I don't care about the PTB changes at all to give an opinion. I only care about the live version. I believe it's wasted effort to wrap around our heads on PTB changes, since it's a work in progress. those who play there keep playing, keep exploiting and abusing the hell out of the perks to show their flaws, and they will be adjusted if needed.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3147303#Comment_3147303

    It's still going to be good, but the nerf was definitely unnecessary.

    It was necessary. that's why it was adjusted. it was tested, and adjusted precisely because it was needed. That's why PTB exists to see how things perform.

  • Anyone else surprised they didn’t touch Hyperfocus? You could do a gen solo in like 50 seconds on the PTB.

    • Decreased the collision detection for Virulent Bound to 20cm (was 45cm)
    • Decreased the Survivor detection for Virulent Bound to 20cm (was 40cm)

    Either their original values were stupidly huge, or this is an absolutely massive value adjustment without having a playtesting period that it apparently desperately needed if the first values were that far off in the first place. Half the collision radius on both ends? That would mean its overall collision area to register a hit went from 85 to 40 with the movement data of two entities both having more room for error in the result. If it was just adjusted on wesker's end, it would have fixed the issues for both sides evenly, which is I guess why so many people are saying something in the middle between PTB and now is what would be best. Also definitely explains the rollback issues people keep reporting with it removing hits.

    also semi-unrelated but: "Tentatively fixed an issue that caused performance drops for users with large friends lists."

    im sorry wat

1 2 ›