LBR, there has to be a hidden algorithm to make the game as frustrating as possible

For a while now a lot of us have felt as if the game 'changes' depending on what challenge one is one, to make things as frustrating as possible regardless what side one plays on.

And with the current tome I believe we've surpassed the point where one could say 'no, it just feels like it' or similar.

Because, I kid you not, regardless of the time playing, the challenges pretty much went like this:

green glyph challenge? be bombarded with survs that burn through the gens before you can even find them, respectively have an endless line of slugging at 5 gens.

be chased for 75 secs? afk, afk, afk, afk, bubba

Escape through the gate while using perk X. dredge, huntress with lethal, demo, all of them tunneling and camping.

But the moment you switch the challenge EXACTLY the thing you would have need for the other happens.

It just happens with such a regularity that this has to be by design.

Comments

  • I would believe it, at this point. Every time I am on a stun challenge they give me a Huntress... Or a Doctor... Or a Nurse. Every single time. Not that it matters ever since I got Head On. I will do it against Trickster. No ducks given, bro. Iron Maiden does not frighten me.

  • Yeah, me getting Haddonfield 6 times in a row while playing blight, a killer I barely play, can't be coincidence.

  • Easy Escape

    Easy Escape

    Puts on Escaping Challenge

    Tunneled

    Tunneled

    Tunneled

    Tunneled

    Tunneled

    Tunneled

  • Yes me playing huntress

    Game

    Game

    Lery's

    Game

    Rpd

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    For a while now a lot of us have felt as if the game 'changes' depending on what challenge one is one, to make things as frustrating as possible regardless what side one plays on.

    And with the current tome I believe we've surpassed the point where one could say 'no, it just feels like it' or similar.

    Because, I kid you not, regardless of the time playing, the challenges pretty much went like this:

    green glyph challenge? be bombarded with survs that burn through the gens before you can even find them, respectively have an endless line of slugging at 5 gens.

    be chased for 75 secs? afk, afk, afk, afk, bubba

    Escape through the gate while using perk X. dredge, huntress with lethal, demo, all of them tunneling and camping.

    But the moment you switch the challenge EXACTLY the thing you would have need for the other happens.

    It just happens with such a regularity that this has to be by design.

    Blind the killer 6 times

    Lightborn

    Lightborn

    Lightborn

    Lightborn

    Lightborn

  • Playing Billy? You're going to The Game, RPD, or Lerys. I play maybe 1 game of Huntress every month. I get The Game every. single. time. It's uncanny. I wouldn't be shocked if maps are used to manipulate win rates.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Playing Billy? You're going to The Game, RPD, or Lerys. I play maybe 1 game of Huntress every month. I get The Game every. single. time. It's uncanny. I wouldn't be shocked if maps are used to manipulate win rates.

    I believe that 100%. I also have a theory that on certain days of the week maps are “randomly picked” repeatedly based on said win/lose rates .

  • I am pretty sure the Devs design the game with making is frustrating as possible so the sweet moments taste even sweeter and so you would get addicted while chasing that sweet high.

  • It's not about a Rift challenge, but same theme; I don't see Franklin's for 6 matches. I equip a purple med kit with a white ward? Franklin's. On like, a Hag or something (how often do you see Hags?).

    EVERY TIME.

  • Oh, got another one:

    Took off my totem build to try the blind challenge...

    Before that, no one ran any Hexes.

    The moment the build is off...

    DEVOUR

    NOED

    DEVOUR

    NOED and RUIN

    RUIN with Haunted and Undying

    and ALL just maps with nasty spawnspots...

  • I have one

    Picks Blight or Dredge

    Swamp

    Swamp

    Swamp

    Coldwind

    Swamp again

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I would believe it, at this point. Every time I am on a stun challenge they give me a Huntress... Or a Doctor... Or a Nurse. Every single time. Not that it matters ever since I got Head On. I will do it against Trickster. No ducks given, bro. Iron Maiden does not frighten me.

    It's like that with every chase challenge for me - it is a killer that can hit from a distance, Twins just using Victor the entire time, or Wraith staying invisible so chase doesn't trigger.

  • I'm trying to get Blast Mine/Residual/Flashbang value and I cant even get gen progress, and If I do, killers never kick the gens even with Call of Brian



    Uggghhhhhhh