So new Pharmacy doesn't work with Appraisal

Such a shame, because I thought comboing those two perks would make it better but it doesn't work at all. so yeah, don't even bother running pharmacy.

Comments

  • Really?? I thought it would work. Even more reason why in its current state it's bad

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Really?? I thought it would work. Even more reason why in its current state it's bad

    yeah, it's a shame

  • I feel like the issue with pharmacy is that usually the chests are already opened by the time you get injured. It should definitely function through rummaging, having 1-2 tokens, possibly even giving you tokens based on healing others or unhooking safely.

  • I've tested it before and I'm pretty sure it does work. You just can't already have a medkit in your hand before rummaging through an empty chest, else it won't work for some reason. It also doesn't work if your previous medkit still has charges on it.

  • @Biscuits said:

    I feel like the issue with pharmacy is that usually the chests are already opened by the time you get injured. It should definitely function through rummaging, having 1-2 tokens, possibly even giving you tokens based on healing others or unhooking safely.

    I still have pharmacy in my treasure hunting build, which I've found that usually the chests aren't open by the time I go opening them. I will say though, once I'm injured, I'll usually try to open them open and take advantage of that. Can be a waste some may say, but getting that emergency medkit with a gel dressing is nice.

    The one gripe I have with the perk is that I wish the open speed applied when you were injured and healthy. That's the main reason why I would run that perk before it got changed. That's honestly the nerf to the part of the perk that I'm annoyed with the most.

  • That is so brutal. Pharmacy is a dead perk. It should always make chest searches faster and quieter, then it would at least be marginally useful.

    Old Pharmacy with Appraisal used to be amazing. I doubt it was intended but every time you rummaged a chest before completing your actual first unlocking you got a green med-kit every time.

  • @VideoGameMage said:

    I've tested it before and I'm pretty sure it does work. You just can't already have a medkit in your hand before rummaging through an empty chest, else it won't work for some reason. It also doesn't work if your previous medkit still has charges on it.

    that seems oddly specific. I'll test it out myself and see if anything changes.