Old or new RPD?
in Polls
New RPD referring to the PTB version (east, west wing)
New RPD referring to the PTB version (east, west wing)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
New RPD isn't even in the game, but based on what I've seen, old RPD 100%.
Old RPD sucks, probably one of the worst Maps in the game, but new RPD (West Wing specifically) is worse
RPD is in my top 3 favorite maps, I get why people don't like it, but I like it. I am glad we are getting to enjoy the map twice as much now.
They made one of the worst maps in the game even worse. Incredible.
Why the hell would devs make such map which only looks nothing more than a maze. It's really annoying to play the map and everytime I get RPD I just feel like to go next.
I won’t know until I play them on live. I do like that they opened up alternate ways into a bunch of dead end rooms though, that’ll make getting around the maps easier.
Even if they don't fix the awful god pallets in the main hall, I'd take the new RPD over the old RPD any day of the week.
Old RPD is awful. New RPD is annoying but playable.
I really like the new outside area so new RPD for that alone.
I don't really like how new RPD is cramped and small with a ton of junk getting in the way of loops and basic pathways.
Current RPD is just as bad though because of it's gigantic size.
Bad
Old RPD was close to one in original game, now they have drilled new walls, removed deadends. Looks promising, we'll see in two weeks.
RPD is one of my favorite maps.
I liked old rpd.
but I feel like new rpd they made it worse?
To me the changes in the library were absolutely necessary, but putting two pallets at the stairs in the main hall is absolutely a bad idea. That loop alone can be very oppressive against some killers even without those pallets on the stairs. I only support the idea of splitting the map in two due to the fact we are getting some new space outside. Other than that I don't really see why the map should be split into two different maps. I even seen people who are playing the ptb complain that even when the map was split into two different maps that they still couldn't navigate through it. However the current version I find easy to navigate and I can't help it but laugh when people still can't navigate through the map when it's gonna be split into two different maps. Overall I just think that behaviour should just remove the pallets from the stairs in the main hall and it will be a better map for the majority of players.
All they needed to do in my mind is close the upstairs of the library. I hate the new RPD and I played on it.