Spicing Up Gameplay ~ Seasonal Interactions

Spicing Up Gameplay

Typically, DbD has long pauses in between content releases. With DbD mainly getting Chapter releases, with patches and Mid-Chapter updates to fix the Chapter releases or fine-tune gameplay. In between these periods, we typically go a long time without anything really happening ingame. Ingame events can draw in players, but what if there was something more long-term to draw in players.

Introducing, Seasonal Interactions.

What Are Seasonal Interactions?

Well, there are 4 seasons within a year, these season dictate weather conditions, but also have differences in holidays and cultures associated with the season.

Seasonal Interactions can include stuff to spice up gameplay and maps based on the season outside of events, drawing in players to participate for a given season if they like certain gameplay elements, just for an example, some maps might be covered in snow during the winter, and maps with snow on them will have a higher chance of being played on.

Seasonal Interactions will also consistent of community challenges to be completed within the season to unlock season themed cosmetics, but unlocking such will take a long time considering how the challenges will last the entire duration of the season.

What About normal events?

Season Interactions are also suppose to be less impactful as they may seem, leaving room for people to still get excited for full-on events, they are only here to act as a filler interaction between events, as well as just providing a tiny bit of variety to the game throughout the year.

Comments

  • I wish stuff like this was done a lot more in DbD. At its core DbD is a really stale 4v1 game.

    The Scorchin' Summer BBQ (2018), Hallowed Blight (2018) and Moonrise (2019) events were excellent examples of seasonal event that were truly awesome. They each added unique elements to DbD that changed up the gameplay and were the last time that we ever got to see animated hooks. If you haven't seen getting to "grill" survivors or watch the Hallowed flowered hooks with when hooking a survivor, you should look that up on Youtube, it's is incredible.

    For more than 2 years after that we never saw cool events. Events used to have offerings that increased event hooks/generator counts but during this period we saw all hooks/generators turn into their event counterparts, which made most events boring. We got the Archives and the Rift, like that was supposed to make up for everything.

    Over the last year getting to stomp pumpkins and the snowmen were amazing but still pale in comparison to those past events. We still suffer the gap between lunar new year and the anniversary every year.

    By the Entity I miss DbD 2018. I love the game back then.

  • Yes, this is a great idea. I wish they did more stuff like this. Release new chapters a little less often (3 per year instead of 4) and do this. Each season could have its season long changes and challenges and a larger seasonal event at the midpoint. I wouldn't mind there being "off season" periods between them to build hype for the next season.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    I wish stuff like this was done a lot more in DbD. At its core DbD is a really stale 4v1 game.

    The Scorchin' Summer BBQ (2018), Hallowed Blight (2018) and Moonrise (2019) events were excellent examples of seasonal event that were truly awesome. They each added unique elements to DbD that changed up the gameplay and were the last time that we ever got to see animated hooks. If you haven't seen getting to "grill" survivors or watch the Hallowed flowered hooks with when hooking a survivor, you should look that up on Youtube, it's is incredible.

    For more than 2 years after that we never saw cool events. Events used to have offerings that increased event hooks/generator counts but during this period we saw all hooks/generators turn into their event counterparts, which made most events boring. We got the Archives and the Rift, like that was supposed to make up for everything.

    Over the last year getting to stomp pumpkins and the snowmen were amazing but still pale in comparison to those past events. We still suffer the gap between lunar new year and the anniversary every year.

    By the Entity I miss DbD 2018. I love the game back then.

    I was around for the Scorchin' Summer BBQ, in fact, it was roughly the time that I started to play the game. It was really fun, I wish I played more of the event back then.