Can't find the motivation to play dbd anymore

Survivor is too boring. That is hold M1 for this and hold M1 for that.

Killer is too stressful. That is once you reach high mmr then get demolished by squads who do all gens in 5 mins. Then there's the occasional toxic, racist and hateful endgame chat i get for just playing the game as killer (i always laugh it off but it does get in your head after a while).

Now i've been playing Witcher 3 for almost a month and i just don't feel like returning to this stressful and toxic game lol. I wasted my money on the rift pass since i think i won't be completing it this time.

Comments

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    Survivor is too boring. That is hold M1 for this and hold M1 for that.

    Killer is too stressful. That is once you reach high mmr then get demolished by squads who do all gens in 5 mins. Then there's the occasional toxic, racist and hateful endgame chat i get for just playing the game as killer (i always laugh it off but it does get in your head after a while).

    Now i've been playing Witcher 3 for almost a month and i just don't feel like returning to this stressful and toxic game lol. I wasted my money on the rift pass since i think i won't be completing it this time.

    I'm sorry you have encountered some nasty people with their brain dead comments. I've had my life threatened, been called every slur known to man and been told I was trash. I quit for a while and the only reason I came back is friends I know still play it.

    I'm hoping when streamer mode goes live the threats and nasty stuff will be a thing of the past. (Streamer Mode hides your name right?) As for the other stuff? Maybe try perk roulette? That added a bit of fun for a while. I wish you the best no matter what you decide.

  • Me neither. Between some bad changes and the FPS drops I've been getting lately, I play one match and close it.

  • @Devilishly_Rowdy said:

    Survivor is too boring. That is hold M1 for this and hold M1 for that.

    Killer is too stressful. That is once you reach high mmr then get demolished by squads who do all gens in 5 mins. Then there's the occasional toxic, racist and hateful endgame chat i get for just playing the game as killer (i always laugh it off but it does get in your head after a while).

    Now i've been playing Witcher 3 for almost a month and i just don't feel like returning to this stressful and toxic game lol. I wasted my money on the rift pass since i think i won't be completing it this time.

    the end game chat from survivors, just remove it from the game, it doesnt need to be there, there is way too much ######### talking, way too much hate in the end game, and wayyy to much actual abuse that i receive daily playing killer especially when i play bubba, and im not talking about face camping either, just regular bubba gameplay. i've been told things that would get me banned fast on these forums if i repeated them. remove the chat from the game.

  • @soulfire22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341201/cant-find-the-motivation-to-play-dbd-anymore

    the end game chat from survivors, just remove it from the game, it doesnt need to be there, there is way too much ######### talking, way too much hate in the end game, and wayyy to much actual abuse that i receive daily playing killer especially when i play bubba, and im not talking about face camping either, just regular bubba gameplay. i've been told things that would get me banned fast on these forums if i repeated them. remove the chat from the game.

    I mean, that's to be expected, it's bubba. I don't CONDONE what it is said, nor am i trying to judge you but Bubba is one of the infamously hated killers of this game, with blight, nurse, and probably twinkster. I'd say just say GGWP, and move on, best option there is...

  • I havent thought of the killer role as stressful in a long time.

    I suggest playing some of the top tier killers and seeing if you enjoy the game more.

    But at the end of the day, its just a game. If you dont enjoy it, no point playing it.

  • @soulfire22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341201/cant-find-the-motivation-to-play-dbd-anymore

    the end game chat from survivors, just remove it from the game, it doesnt need to be there, there is way too much ######### talking, way too much hate in the end game, and wayyy to much actual abuse that i receive daily playing killer especially when i play bubba, and im not talking about face camping either, just regular bubba gameplay. i've been told things that would get me banned fast on these forums if i repeated them. remove the chat from the game.

    You know you can disable it.

  • @SaltyNooty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3132995#Comment_3132995

    I mean, that's to be expected, it's bubba. I don't CONDONE what it is said, nor am i trying to judge you but Bubba is one of the infamously hated killers of this game, with blight, nurse, and probably twinkster. I'd say just say GGWP, and move on, best option there is...

    personally id rather fight a bubba than a nurse any day of the week, i went against 5 nurses in a row today, it was awful.

  • @Naz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341201/cant-find-the-motivation-to-play-dbd-anymore

    I'm sorry you have encountered some nasty people with their brain dead comments. I've had my life threatened, been called every slur known to man and been told I was trash. I quit for a while and the only reason I came back is friends I know still play it.

    I'm hoping when streamer mode goes live the threats and nasty stuff will be a thing of the past. (Streamer Mode hides your name right?) As for the other stuff? Maybe try perk roulette? That added a bit of fun for a while. I wish you the best no matter what you decide.

    Yeah and the worst part is that reporting does nothing, even though they literally type all this in the game's endgame chat. Perk roulette, i might try it if i do return lol, sounds kinda fun.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    Me neither. Between some bad changes and the FPS drops I've been getting lately, I play one match and close it.

    For me the first match or two is always unplayable, lots of stutter. Then the performance gets better, but still the occasional stuttering and fps drops is there.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    I havent thought of the killer role as stressful in a long time.

    I suggest playing some of the top tier killers and seeing if you enjoy the game more.

    But at the end of the day, its just a game. If you dont enjoy it, no point playing it.

    I kinda force myself to play it a bit lol, since i have spent so much on cosmetics and now i'm looking to get my money's worth out of it.

  • I just have more important things going on in life. I talk more on here than I play the game at this point. Maybe that changes in the next week or two.