What modern horror would you like to see licensed In DBD?

We have gotten so many Iconic horror movies and shows In the last decade that deserve a spot In DBD like FearStreet, MTV's Scream Series, The It remake, The Chucky Series, Until Dawn, Scream 2022, Stranger Things 4, and Prey on Hulu. What modern horror do you wanna see come Into the Fog?

29367084-6B61-4E20-B193-6EA5C55DBBA8.jpeg A2E2C343-2FC0-4131-8520-1C614F4B651D.jpeg 33F8B6E6-8769-4E77-AA7E-FCC19D62C47B.gif CB564210-49A1-4EEE-BE51-5BBE87750B45.jpeg 198ECB39-FA72-4156-BD73-15B3102DED46.jpeg 706A250B-4E7B-4DFF-BFC9-DD36C2972ADA.jpeg F9DBE9AC-8611-45A5-8531-1AA7540E1A5E.jpeg D9B545FE-0705-4D45-8A0E-F9340780457A.jpeg 61A30036-F71F-49B6-AF58-04C8041AC857.jpeg 2EB6E3A3-F892-47C0-B19C-B9BCECA9E0FA.jpeg 94A63C30-6038-41DB-81CA-26FB49361620.jpeg A3864DC5-6DF2-48C1-9AF3-0EE31C31623C.jpeg


Comments

  • While not a movie or show, I'd love Until Dawn to have a chapter.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    While not a movie or show, I'd love Until Dawn to have a chapter.

    It feels like an 8 hour mini series to me lol it would be perfect for DBD

  • Absolutely would love Until Dawn or The Quarry. I even have an entire chapter concept for the latter.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Absolutely would love Until Dawn or The Quarry. I even have an entire chapter concept for the latter.

    Did you post it here? Id love to see it

  • To add onto @DoritoHead having an amazing Quarry chapter which I saw awhile back, I made an Until Dawn one which I'm considering posting soon :p

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3132463#Comment_3132463

    To add onto @DoritoHead having an amazing Quarry chapter which I saw awhile back, I made an Until Dawn one which I'm considering posting soon :p

    Can't wait I loved Until Dawn

  • If I end up posting it I'll try to remember to tag you in it

  • @DoritoHead said:

    I hope that you people find this interesting. I feel like I put a lot of work into this and even did a bit of research to see if this would be balanced or even work in the first place. At this point I’m just glad that this made it to being posted.

    I shouldn’t have to say this, but if you haven’t played The Quarry and want to, this post contains spoilers. Play the game, then come back.

    Okay, let’s get into it.

    Killer: The Cursed

    The product of a curse cast upon the Hackett family, This killer possesses unmatched strength and speed, only transforming from human to terrifying beast each full moon, passing down its curse to anyone bitten. Normally, it would become human again once the sun comes up- but the full moon is endless in the realm of the entity. (yeah, yeah, Coldwind exists- not letting one map make me make up some super weird workaround when I’m just doing this for fun sorry :P) A sliver of human consciousness remains behind the vicious face of the werewolf- belonging to an unfortunate camp counselor scooped up by the entity in the depths of the forest just after surviving the night, just to be re-introduced to the curse again. This time though, the only hope at being human again is killing for the entity.

    The Cursed’s power is Hackett’s Curse.

    When standing above a dying survivor, you may bite them, which curses that survivor. This starts a timer which that contains 900 charges. These charges accumulate based on how many times the survivor has been hooked.

    -If the survivor has not been hooked, the timer does not accumulate charges.

    -If the survivor has been hooked once, the timer gains 1 charge per second.

    -If the survivor has been hooked twice, the timer gains 2 charges per second.

    -If the survivor is injured after being hooked twice, the timer gains 4 charges per second.

    Charges can be gained while the survivor is on a hook or in the dying state at a rate of 1 charge per second, but does not go past 820 charges while the survivor is on the hook or in the dying state. The survivor cannot get rid of charges they have accumulated or cure their curse unless they escape the trial or are sacrificed. Once the survivor reaches 900 charges, the survivor succumbs to Hackett’s curse. Rather than becoming a werewolf themselves, the Cursed may choose to teleport to their location, killing the survivor as the cursed replaces them. If there are any survivors nearby, the cursed may start a Manic Frenzy, leaping from survivor to survivor with devastating attacks until the survivors manage to get out of range. (Essentially this is Blight but you have more control, can slide off any obstacles and bounce off of survivors instead of walls. It only ends when there are no survivors within a 32 meter radius of the survivor you teleported to.) If there are no survivors nearby, the cursed gains a haste effect of 10% and sees the auras of all remaining survivors for 12 seconds, allowing it to continue hunting.

    Ability: Hunt

    Use the power button to activate Hunt and harness The Cursed’s tracking abilities to see scent trails in the environment. While active, the cursed moves at 10% increased speed and crawls on all fours. Once a survivor is spotted, Hunt ends, and Pursuit is activated. The Cursed runs toward the survivor at high speed, jumping over small obstacles that are in the way. The survivor is notified when this happens. Once the Cursed catches up to the survivor, it makes a short leap at them which can be stopped by obstructing its path with a pallet which the leap will break instead. If hunt is used during a chase or when a survivor is in your view, Pursuit will trigger instead.

    The Cursed comes with 3 new perks.

    Terrorizer:

    Your Brutality scars your victims and causes them to tremble with fear. When you injure a survivor, they will continue to groan in pain even after being healed, only stopping once they are put into the dying state. Terrorizer may only trigger for 2/3/4 survivors per trial.

    Thrill of the Kill:

    There’s nothing better than getting your blood pumping with some good old chasing. After chasing survivors for a total of 50/40/30 seconds, Thrill of The Kill activates. Putting a survivor into the dying state while it’s active will reveal the auras of all survivors in your terror radius. Thrill of the Kill then deactivates until you chase survivors for enough time again.

    Cursed Blood:

    The curse runs through your veins, encouraging you to kill. After being stunned by a pallet, Cursed Blood activates and the next healthy survivor you hit with a basic attack is inflicted with a deep wound, and this perk will deactivate. The survivor will also lose 4/4.5/5 seconds off of their deep wound timer every 20 seconds when they are not within 20 meters of you.

    I will make an addon set upon request, but for now let’s get into the survivors.

    Survivors: Laura Kearney and Ryan Erzhaler

    Two survivors of the horrors of Hackett’s Quarry now must face the entity’s realm. I’m too lazy to write lore, but I will do so on request.

    Laura Kearney Perks:

    Silver Bullet:

    You can’t take these killers out with anything, but it doesn’t mean you can’t put up a fight. Stunning killers by any means 8/7/6 times throughout the trial activates silver bullet. When the killer grabs you, succeed in a skill check to stun them for 4 seconds. Silver Bullet then deactivates for the rest of the trial.

    Last Resort:

    It pays off to have a trump card. If you’ve been chased by the killer for a total of 180/170/160 seconds, and you would be sacrificed upon your next hook, Last Resort activates. The next time you are downed, use the active ability button to activate this perk and instantly place the last survivor who healed you or was healed by you into the dying state. You are healed to full health but are instantly killed the next time you are downed.

    “you need to find him, and you need to kill Chris Hackett.” Laura Kearny

    Battle-Hardened:

    your encounters with monsters have made you ready for anything, and you have more endurance and grit than most. Your grunts of pain aren’t audible from more than 5 meters away, and when you make a loud noise notification and aren’t in the killer’s terror radius, the killer has a 20/30/40 percent chance to not be notified.

    Ryan Perks:

    Call of the Sea:

    Being here has changed you, but nothing can stop the force of the tides. Complete 2 generators to activate Call of The Sea. Stunning the killer with a pallet will give them a 5%/10%/15% hindered status effect for 3 seconds. This perk then deactivates.

    Knowledgeable:

    You’ve done your research, and you’ve learned about the entity’s realm and retain this knowledge under pressure. When cleansing totems and opening chests, you receive skillchecks that can speed up the action if you succeed. Being in the killer’s terror radius Increases the skillcheck success zones for these actions by 30%/40%/50%.

    Intuition:

    You can navigate and fight even in tough situations. Your first search chest of the match guarantees a map with at least 1 addon attached, and any maps you find or bring into the trial have 10%/12%/15% more charges.

    Huge shout out to @NoOneKnowsNova and @GoodBoyKaru for designing most of the perks and helping me balance the killer power.

    i gotchu

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3132463#Comment_3132463

    To add onto @DoritoHead having an amazing Quarry chapter which I saw awhile back, I made an Until Dawn one which I'm considering posting soon :p

    I’m so glad you liked it!

  • @ElleGreen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3132474#Comment_3132474

    This Is so cool Laura was my favorite character hopefully we get a collab with SMG and BHVR

    Thank you so much!

    Dylan’s my personal favorite character

  • Gotta agree with Until Dawn. I don’t think The Quarry is as good or fitting, but would be happy with it as well.

    Scream and the other ‚reboots‘ I still don’t see as modern reps though Sidney and current Laurie would be cool!

    Walking Dead is another very popular modern horror franchise!

    Also? Will still mention Don’t Starve Together here. Not Horror per se. But has plenty of horror elements in lore/design/survival gameplay.

  • @Mooks said:

    Gotta agree with Until Dawn. I don’t think The Quarry is as good or fitting, but would be happy with it as well.

    Scream and the other ‚reboots‘ I still don’t see as modern reps though Sidney and current Laurie would be cool!

    Walking Dead is another very popular modern horror franchise!

    Also? Will still mention Don’t Starve Together here. Not Horror per se. But has plenty of horror elements in lore/design/survival gameplay.

    I haven't heard of Don't Starve Together I will check it out!

  • Splinter chapter. Less humanoid killers, more weird stuff.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    Splinter chapter. Less humanoid killers, more weird stuff.

    Agreed Dredge Is the coolest killer In game

  • @ElleGreen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3132510#Comment_3132510

    I haven't heard of Don't Starve Together I will check it out!

    It’s a survival game from Klei which as I said is not actually horror ;) so hope I didn’t set up unrealistic expectations here

  • Until Dawn and FNAF are my dream chapters. I would add slenderman, but getting the rights to that are such a massive nightmare that would make the F13 license blush

    • Supernatural with the Winchesters as the survivors, Bunker as the Map and a Demon that can briefly possess survivors and travel as black smoke as the killer
    • The hotel and topiary maze from The Shining
    • The ship from Event Horizon
    • Phantasm with The Tall Man as the killer and his mortuary as the map
    • The Thing with The Thing as the killer (duh!), McReady as the survivor and the arctic base as the map
    • Carrie with Carrie as the killer and the school with the gym set up for the dance as the map
    • It with Pennywise as the killer and either the sewers or the streets of Derry as the map
    • But seriously, if they ever did that joke Jaws concept that someone made I would buy it instantly! 😄
    • Alien with the Nostromo as the map and Ripley as the survivor
    • Scarecrow from Batman as a killer with Arkham Asylum as the map.
  • @dugman said:

    • Supernatural with the Winchesters as the survivors, Bunker as the Map and a Demon that can briefly possess survivors and travel as black smoke as the killer
    • The hotel and topiary maze from The Shining
    • The ship from Event Horizon
    • Phantasm with The Tall Man as the killer and his mortuary as the map
    • The Thing with The Thing as the killer (duh!), McReady as the survivor and the arctic base as the map
    • Carrie with Carrie as the killer and the school with the gym set up for the dance as the map
    • It with Pennywise as the killer and either the sewers or the streets of Derry as the map
    • But seriously, if they ever did that joke Jaws concept that someone made I would buy it instantly! 😄
    • Alien with the Nostromo as the map and Ripley as the survivor
    • Scarecrow from Batman as a killer with Arkham Asylum as the map.

    Supernatural would fit perfectly In DBD

  • Malignant.

    its hard to describe the killer but if you watched the movie then you know what im talking about!!

  • You're next

    -Erin as the survivor

    -the Animals as the killer

    -the Davison House as the map

    -but in a twist reveal Erin is actually the killer/legendary Trapper skin.


    BioShock

    -Jack/Booker/Elizabeth as the survivor

    -Bruiser Big Daddy with a big drill as the killer

    -Rapture with loads of water effects as the map.