Get the licensing to The Shining
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340855/the-shining#latest
New:
- Add Jack Torrance
- I'm not sure which survivor
- I wasn't sure about the map.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340855/the-shining#latest
New:
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Not sure about map? With a location like Overlook Hotel? Well I am pretty sure :)
I’m not sure what they would do to make Jack be a killer who is fun to play since he’s basically just a guy with an axe, but I’d love to see the hotel and topiary maze as maps. 🙂
P.S. It’s kind of funny how Stephen King has no representation in DbD so far. Not just The Shining but also It and Carrie and some other stories would be decent hooks for chapters and he’s super popular.
Adult Danny Torrance would make a perfect survivor, actually. More power to The Shining / Doctor Sleep parallels.
Map is Overlook Hotel, there really can't be much more, that building is too iconic. Snowy maze and the outside with animal-bushes are nice too, but it would be like adding Sewers or Jill's apartment building instead of RPD for Resident Evil chapter.
My only excuse was me being lazy and not wanting to design a map layout.
I was thinking they should add Wendy Torrance since the devs are competing against each other to design the most ugliest survivor.
Lol, doesn't have to be the movie version. The actress that played her in Dr Sleep looked pretty good.
Poor Shelly Duvall...
On a serious note. If Jack is the killer and the map is the Overlook it absolutely has to be Wendy. Danny has different antagonists.
Wendy Torrance looked like a sex-bomb model in books, iirc. And the movie version I wouldn't even call ugly, tbh, that's a bit harsh.
And why "the ugliest survivor", there isn't a single ugly survivor in the game so far. Quentin-goblin was fixed, don't see any others 🤔
Nea and Haddie look like they got a frying pan to the face.