Wha if... Deathslinger could down you by broken spear?

Would that be OP? A tier killer or S tier? Nerf it ASAP or just strong but not OP?

I mean situation when if you shot someone while injured, breaking the spear will down you similary like when you are healthy and you got shot by spear and it gets broken instead of rolling towards the Slinger for M1.

Even if it wouldn't be OP I am pretty sure Survivors would hate him even more then before his rework.

Comments

  • I'd love it if one of the deathslinger's ultra rares removed the chain entirely and just let us shot the spear across the map but at a cost of a four second reload. It would introduce a brand new gameplay style for him

  • It would be completely broken and OP. It's very, VERY easy to land your harpoons. Over obstacles, through obstacles, through walls, around corners, from below obstacles and hitting you in the ankle... If he could shoot you from 18m and you just go down, it would be pretty boring for the survivor.

    It would make Slinger go from being ""bad Huntress"" to ""better Huntress""

  • @Sandt21 said:

    I'd love it if one of the deathslinger's ultra rares removed the chain entirely and just let us shot the spear across the map but at a cost of a four second reload. It would introduce a brand new gameplay style for him

    oh my god i'd love that. crossmap slinger snipes sound so fun

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130916#Comment_3130916

    oh my god i'd love that. crossmap slinger snipes sound so fun

    Engineer's fang Pinhead with less steps basically

    would be scary


    cool though

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Would that be OP? A tier killer or S tier? Nerf it ASAP or just strong but not OP?

    I mean situation when if you shot someone while injured, breaking the spear will down you similary like when you are healthy and you got shot by spear and it gets broken instead of rolling towards the Slinger for M1.

    Even if it wouldn't be OP I am pretty sure Survivors would hate him even more then before his rework.

    imbalanced because the deathslinger can just shoot when you window vault or put pallet down. basically you just abuse animation locking. it has lack of counter-play.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340963/wha-if-deathslinger-could-down-you-by-broken-spear

    imbalanced because the deathslinger can just shoot when you window vault or put pallet down. basically you just abuse animation locking. it has lack of counter-play.

    So do you think the same of Huntress? Not trying to be snarky here I'm curious

    She and PH basically do the same animation lock punish you mentioned here

  • Then what's the point of reeling them in?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3131000#Comment_3131000

    So do you think the same of Huntress? Not trying to be snarky here I'm curious

    She and PH basically do the same animation lock punish you mentioned here

    yes for huntress. Huntress often use flower basouka add-on for this reason. I like to use it with flower basouka +rose roots(the velocity hatchet add-on) because it stacks her wind-up mechanic and makes her hatchets more hitscan. lowers counter-play for survivor to juke hatchets. Makes harder for survivor to utilize LOS against her.

    I liked using older variant of the add-on which applied 5% hindered for 30 seconds instead rose roots but both work just fine.

    ph is weird. it depends distance. at further distances, his POTD has a lot of travel time and somewhat mild long charge-up time. most of the time, PH is usually zoning you in the corner of the map and spamming 20 POTD in a row because his ability has no cooldown and no associated cost. he's rewarded for spamming his ability mindless and not rewarded for precision. At the same time, the killer has little agency in being accurate with his ability.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3131031#Comment_3131031

    yes for huntress. Huntress often use flower basouka add-on for this reason. I like to use it with flower basouka +rose roots(the velocity hatchet add-on) because it stacks her wind-up mechanic and makes her hatchets more hitscan. lowers counter-play for survivor to juke hatchets. Makes harder for survivor to utilize LOS against her.

    I liked using older variant of the add-on which applied 5% hindered for 30 seconds instead rose roots but both work just fine.

    ph is weird. it depends distance. at further distances, his POTD has a lot of travel time and somewhat mild long charge-up time. most of the time, PH is usually zoning you in the corner of the map and spamming 20 POTD in a row because his ability has no cooldown and no associated cost. he's rewarded for spamming his ability mindless and not rewarded for precision. At the same time, the killer has little agency in being accurate with his ability.

    That's a fair assessment yeah, I agree. Thanks for taking the time!

    I think Huntress is still pretty fair overall though. She can punish animation locks rlly hard but it's also equally viable to not put yourself in those scenarios. With PH it's different though, he can be a little unfair sometimes

    I guess Nemmy does the same thing too

  • I don’t think buffing Slinger’s chase potential is the right call. He’s already pretty good in the 1v1, his biggest issue is his lack of pressure so something to give him more pressure would be the best way to buff him.

    I don’t know how they could do that though.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3131043#Comment_3131043

    That's a fair assessment yeah, I agree. Thanks for taking the time!

    I think Huntress is still pretty fair overall though. She can punish animation locks rlly hard but it's also equally viable to not put yourself in those scenarios. With PH it's different though, he can be a little unfair sometimes

    I guess Nemmy does the same thing too

    i don't like playing against huntress. good huntress are not that interesting to play against because a lot of their gameplay revolves around tactical shots that put you in lose/lose situation and like abusing map geometry so that you can't do tricky wiggles with like hatchet hitboxes. the issue is that baby huntress are laughable to play against and base-kit of huntress too easy exploit in term of line of sight.

    I prefer playing against old deathslinger where its more about aim and raw aiming skill, the positioning to not get ADS cancelled spammed and game awareness to play against his low tr. the chain durability mechanic is healthy for slinger. while that change makes slinger stronger, it is super braindead.