Pig doing much better now?

So from the aggregate site I follow it looks like Pig is doing much, much better after the patch, she’s the top killer on the site at 69% kill rate over the last two weeks compared to typically a little over 50% prior periods. (And coincidentally I played Pig last night and got a solid 4k but that’s obviously not statistically relevant, it was fun though! 🙂)

Anyway I’m trying to figure out why Pig may have benefited so much from the midchapter rework and I’m drawing a blank. Yeah she gets the extra 10 second gen times and faster recovery speeds and weaker Dead Hard and such, but that’s true for all the killers and their kill rates only went up about 6-7% on average, not 15-20%.

Maybe it has to do with her innate slowdown plus the extra 10 seconds being better than the sum of their parts? I haven’t quite got a handle on it yet. (It could hypothetically be coincidence too, the site has thousands of matches per week but maybe Pig was just in vogue with high skill players the last couple of weeks for some reason?)

Comments

  • There's an aggreate site for kill rates on each killer?

  • @dugman said:

    So from the aggregate site I follow it looks like Pig is doing much, much better after the patch, she’s the top killer on the site at 69% kill rate over the last two weeks compared to typically a little over 50% prior periods. (And coincidentally I played Pig last night and got a solid 4k but that’s obviously not statistically relevant, it was fun though! 🙂)

    Anyway I’m trying to figure out why Pig may have benefited so much from the midchapter rework and I’m drawing a blank. Yeah she gets the extra 10 second gen times and faster recovery speeds and weaker Dead Hard and such, but that’s true for all the killers and their kill rates only went up about 6-7% on average, not 15-20%.

    Maybe it has to do with her innate slowdown plus the extra 10 seconds being better than the sum of their parts? I haven’t quite got a handle on it yet. (It could hypothetically be coincidence too, the site has thousands of matches per week but maybe Pig was just in vogue with high skill players the last couple of weeks for some reason?)

    I can't claim it to be a factor, but I played a Pig game where I realized after the fact that smacking a Survivor fresh off the hook might have gotten me a head pop due to that survivor not being able to both mend and get the trap off in time.

    Maybe some Pig players picked up on that and are using it as an actual strategy? I was using Ruleset No. 2 and Face Mask, I can imagine someone using tempered timer or similar.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    There's an aggreate site for kill rates on each killer?

    Yeah, the mods asked us not to post links to it though since it uses Steam API to grab endgame data from players who opt into that and DbD doesn’t officially support Steam API. They don’t seem to mind me posting statistics from it though. 🙂

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/340925/pig-doing-much-better-now

    I can't claim it to be a factor, but I played a Pig game where I realized after the fact that smacking a Survivor fresh off the hook might have gotten me a head pop due to that survivor not being able to both mend and get the trap off in time.

    Maybe some Pig players picked up on that and ate using it as an actual strategy? I was using Ruleset No. 2 and Face Mask, I can imagine someone using tempered timer or similar.

    Hmm, that’s an interesting point! That time you need to mend would really cut into the time you have to remove a trap.

    On a tangent, ironically my match last night was using her red addon that reduces her traps to only 2 but she sees auras while crouched so the mend and trap time didn’t come into play. I love combining that with her brown crouch speed movement add-on and going for ambushes. 😄 And it really caught the survivors off guard last night, after my first down I crouched and saw two of the, hiding nearby getting ready for a save or bodyblock or to get back on a gen or whatever and got a second down straight away from that. I don’t think they realized what was happening until I was literally Ambushing them out of the blue from around corners that without the aura I would have had no idea they were there.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129961#Comment_3129961

    Yeah, the mods asked us not to post links to it though since it uses Steam API to grab endgame data from players who opt into that and DbD doesn’t officially support Steam API. They don’t seem to mind me posting statistics from it though. 🙂

    Could you do me a favor and take a peek and let me know how my boy Mikey is doing since the patch please?

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129961#Comment_3129961

    Yeah, the mods asked us not to post links to it though since it uses Steam API to grab endgame data from players who opt into that and DbD doesn’t officially support Steam API. They don’t seem to mind me posting statistics from it though. 🙂

    can you pm me a link? I like data lol

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129967#Comment_3129967

    Could you do me a favor and take a peek and let me know how my boy Mikey is doing since the patch please?

    Myers has 3,97% pick rate and 52.19% kill rate. He is not performing so well i guess. But this is Steam players only.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129980#Comment_3129980

    Myers has 3,97% pick rate and 52.19% kill rate. He is not performing so well i guess. But this is Steam players only.

    Oh it doesn't include console? Sadge. I am on console and I main him. The console players out number the PC players too so I guess its not that reliant for data.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129967#Comment_3129967

    Could you do me a favor and take a peek and let me know how my boy Mikey is doing since the patch please?

    Michael is 52% kill rate the last two weeks versus 51% the prior period. So no real change.

    Average over all killers is 55% the last two weeks versus 48% the prior period.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129998#Comment_3129998

    Oh it doesn't include console? Sadge. I am on console and I main him. The console players out number the PC players too so I guess its not that reliant for data.

    I am seeing a lot infinite or tombstone Myers lately. And all of them are getting one or two kills at best.

    So it is understandable why his killrates are dropped so much.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130001#Comment_3130001

    I am seeing a lot infinite or tombstone Myers lately. And all of them are getting one or two kills at best.

    So it is understandable why his killrates are dropped so much.

    Could be. I like Infinite and Tombstone as much as the next person but I definitely think some people underestimate how much that initial charge time hurts him.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129961#Comment_3129961

    Yeah, the mods asked us not to post links to it though since it uses Steam API to grab endgame data from players who opt into that and DbD doesn’t officially support Steam API. They don’t seem to mind me posting statistics from it though. 🙂

    So those stats are just players on PC that are using Steam and who also opted in? Seems like too small a sample size to me.

  • Pig is secretly OP I can't remember losing with her, just need bamboozle on some maps, tunneling someone with a trap on is still broken it's impossible to counter

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129967#Comment_3129967

    So those stats are just players on PC that are using Steam and who also opted in? Seems like too small a sample size to me.

    We are talking about at least 30k people tho, it is not that small. But yeah, it is not all community.

  • Pig's antiloop and stealth are still pretty bad, but her slowdown is much more reliable now that they changed it away from pure RNG. As long as she doesn't take so long to get her first few downs that all the gens are done, she's got a decent amount going for her - and M1 killer gameplay was very much improved in the 6.1 patch, so it's not quite as painful as it was before.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129980#Comment_3129980

    Michael is 52% kill rate the last two weeks versus 51% the prior period. So no real change.

    Average over all killers is 55% the last two weeks versus 48% the prior period.

    This is exclusively PC player performance, correct?

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130133#Comment_3130133

    We are talking about at least 30k people tho, it is not that small. But yeah, it is not all community.

    Just so everyone is clear, the site being discussed in this thread pulls its data from end game screenshots that people manually upload to the site. The players don't have to be from Steam (anyone can upload an image, and then the site pulls the data from all players who appear in the screenshot).

    It is by no means a comprehensive data source. As they say on the site, "these stats are from a few thousand matches a month." A FEW THOUSAND A MONTH. The data might tell you something, but there's absolutely no guarantee that it's representative of the totality of all matches.

    In contrast, the other dbd data sites that show stats about player accomplishments (total number of bloodpoints earned, escapes, generators completed, survivors sacrificed, Nurse blink attacks, etc.) DO pull from Steam API exclusively (and they can only pull data on users with public accounts). But those sites can't tell you anything about kill rates, killer pick rates, etc.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3129967#Comment_3129967

    So those stats are just players on PC that are using Steam and who also opted in? Seems like too small a sample size to me.

    Size is ok, I think it’s still thousands of games per period based on how low the percentages go on some things.

    It’s still skewed by being voluntary, though, so only players interested in the game enough to find the stat tracker are uploading results, but that should skew it more toward the above average end of playtime than the lower end. Also the relative shifts up or down should typically be roughly the ones you see in the overall data, as in when the average kill rate goes up for this group of players there’s probably a correlation where the kill rate across all games also goes up in an on par way.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Pig's antiloop and stealth are still pretty bad, but her slowdown is much more reliable now that they changed it away from pure RNG. As long as she doesn't take so long to get her first few downs that all the gens are done, she's got a decent amount going for her - and M1 killer gameplay was very much improved in the 6.1 patch, so it's not quite as painful as it was before.

    Right but that change to the boxes was a while ago. The 19% jump I was talking about was just over the last two weeks.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130186#Comment_3130186

    Right but that change to the boxes was a while ago. The 19% jump I was talking about was just over the last two weeks.

    Pig has always had counterintuitively high kill rates. I'd chalk this one up to the currently miserable state of the game in areas that were traditionally weak (solo queue, low MMR.) Pig is a slowdown killer and a pretty effective tunneler, two things that are pretty strong at the moment, but she's still Pig. The low sample size is also suspect ... I thought this was a site that was using straight Steam data, not voluntarily submitted screenshots. Those are always going to be at least a little prone to confirmation bias and players choosing to submit specific stats to prove a point - not that I'm actually suspecting some kind of anti-Pig conspiracy here, but I'm not sure there's enough data there to draw any conclusions.

  • pig is fine to say at best, her bear traps still feel useless 90% of the time since for some damn reason most survivors remove them at one search so much for RNG

    but like other low tier killer she did get a bit better with this patch

  • What id like to know is why does trickster have the lowest kill rate at 39%?

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130425#Comment_3130425

    Pig has always had counterintuitively high kill rates. I'd chalk this one up to the currently miserable state of the game in areas that were traditionally weak (solo queue, low MMR.) Pig is a slowdown killer and a pretty effective tunneler, two things that are pretty strong at the moment, but she's still Pig. The low sample size is also suspect ... I thought this was a site that was using straight Steam data, not voluntarily submitted screenshots. Those are always going to be at least a little prone to confirmation bias and players choosing to submit specific stats to prove a point - not that I'm actually suspecting some kind of anti-Pig conspiracy here, but I'm not sure there's enough data there to draw any conclusions.

    Right, I'm not trying to draw a conclusion from it, but it is an indicator of something possibly going on which is why I was posting wondering on possible reasons for it.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    What id like to know is why does trickster have the lowest kill rate at 39%?

    Trickster's never been all that high in the kill rates as far as I know. I think it's because his ranged attack takes longer to pay off than Deathslinger or Huntress. Their shots pretty much instantly damage a survivor when they make them (not always for Deathslinger but usually) but Trickster needs to land about six shots in a row to get the damage in. His one advantage is he has tons of ammo, but it still only works out to about 7 hatchets worth or something when you consider it's multiple shots to one hatchet. He can eventually wear you down of course but it's hard for him to opportunistically just land a really quick, solid shot to damage anybody so his potential for really quick downs is a little more limited than Huntress and Deathslinger who are the other 110% ranged attack killers in that bucket.

    Also he may have benefited less from the Dead Hard change than some other killers because he was already not as susceptible to it as basic attack killers or killers who do lunges (i.e. if a survivor dodged a dagger it wasn't as big a deal as when they dodge a full damage attack, and dodging for distance against a ranged attacker isn't quite as powerful either.) So while I suspect a lot of other killers got a bit of a boost from the Dead Hard change I don't think this new version helped Trickster.

    And of course there's a bit of variance in this, next two weeks he might not be the literal lowest kill rate and someone else is in that spot. But I don't think he's ever been that high.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130697#Comment_3130697

    Trickster's never been all that high in the kill rates as far as I know. I think it's because his ranged attack takes longer to pay off than Deathslinger or Huntress. Their shots pretty much instantly damage a survivor when they make them (not always for Deathslinger but usually) but Trickster needs to land about six shots in a row to get the damage in. His one advantage is he has tons of ammo, but it still only works out to about 7 hatchets worth or something when you consider it's multiple shots to one hatchet. He can eventually wear you down of course but it's hard for him to opportunistically just land a really quick, solid shot to damage anybody so his potential for really quick downs is a little more limited than Huntress and Deathslinger who are the other 110% ranged attack killers in that bucket.

    Also he may have benefited less from the Dead Hard change than some other killers because he was already not as susceptible to it as basic attack killers or killers who do lunges (i.e. if a survivor dodged a dagger it wasn't as big a deal as when they dodge a full damage attack, and dodging for distance against a ranged attacker isn't quite as powerful either.) So while I suspect a lot of other killers got a bit of a boost from the Dead Hard change I don't think this new version helped Trickster.

    And of course there's a bit of variance in this, next two weeks he might not be the literal lowest kill rate and someone else is in that spot. But I don't think he's ever been that high.

    It just surprised me because I always thought of him as a solo q stomper

  • @dugman said:

    So from the aggregate site I follow it looks like Pig is doing much, much better after the patch, she’s the top killer on the site at 69% kill rate over the last two weeks compared to typically a little over 50% prior periods. (And coincidentally I played Pig last night and got a solid 4k but that’s obviously not statistically relevant, it was fun though! 🙂)

    Anyway I’m trying to figure out why Pig may have benefited so much from the midchapter rework and I’m drawing a blank. Yeah she gets the extra 10 second gen times and faster recovery speeds and weaker Dead Hard and such, but that’s true for all the killers and their kill rates only went up about 6-7% on average, not 15-20%.

    Maybe it has to do with her innate slowdown plus the extra 10 seconds being better than the sum of their parts? I haven’t quite got a handle on it yet. (It could hypothetically be coincidence too, the site has thousands of matches per week but maybe Pig was just in vogue with high skill players the last couple of weeks for some reason?)

    What is this site would ve intereating to see all killers kill rates now post patch and before patch.

  • Maybe it's the combined changes that happened... either that or Survivors aren't used to playing against a Pig that doesn't Tunnel (A bit of sarcasm)