Aim dressing on console

For the love of god fix this already !! I'm tired of smacking the wall on a very clear window vault hit/corner.

Comments

  • What is "aim dressing?"

  • @SonicOffline said:

    What is "aim dressing?"

    Some call it aim assist . Basically it messes up and when I'm going for a lunge attack it will hit the object right next to a survivor(even though the timing and aiming is perfect)

  • @SonicOffline said:

    What is "aim dressing?"

    It's a mechanic that is supposed to make hits that connect to look better.

    Unfortunately it also leads to you getting some of your hits robbed because this wonderwul mechanic decided that hitting the wall/tree etc. beside the survivor was the more important target

  • Sometimes aim dressing makes me smack air when I’m about to hit someone. I think it should be optional.

  • It's a new type of salad dressing.


    Honestly, it's aim assist and they either need to make it optional or just remove it completely.

  • I've literally never heard aim assist be called "aim dressing" before except on these forums. Very weird

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I've literally never heard aim assist be called "aim dressing" before except on these forums. Very weird

    Because it apparently doesn't actually alter your aim, it just alters the visuals, aka even though you're definitely aiming at the survivor on your screen, the game thinks you're not. Which would imply we can't trust our senses at all.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I've literally never heard aim assist be called "aim dressing" before except on these forums. Very weird

    It's because "aim assist" assists the player. It helps them get hits they otherwise wouldn't. "Aim dressing" is for appearances only, adjusting a hit that connects to look better. Unfortunately, due to the way it works, it can sometimes adjust a hit that should connect in such a way that now the hit misses.

    In other words, aim assist helps the player, while aim dressing will never help the player.

    This is a dev originally explaining it:

    @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1026203#Comment_1026203

    It is the case. To explain:

    Auto aim gives you a hit you otherwise would not have gotten.

    What happens in DBD is that the game recognizes that you've gotten a hit by checking a cone shaped area in front of you for survivors, then pulls you towards them to make it look like you'd expect (so your weapon actually makes contact). It will not give you a hit unless you actually aimed at them. Basically it dresses it up after the fact.

    That's not to say that it can't cause a hit that should have connected to miss- I'm not trying to convince you that it doesn't happen- but it's not "auto aim" or "aim assist".

    EDIT: Just noticed the other part of the question.

    It is not there to hide lag. To hide lag, you would have to predict their movement and move the killer on their screen in advance. This is not the case. If there's a lot of latency between you two, the killer will appear to miss wildly regardless. As the killer, you have the authority over hits. It's not compensating to help you out. What you see is what you get. It's purely just to make your hits more visually appealing.


  • @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128090#Comment_3128090

    Some call it aim assist . Basically it messes up and when I'm going for a lunge attack it will hit the object right next to a survivor(even though the timing and aiming is perfect)

    @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3128090#Comment_3128090

    Some call it aim assist . Basically it messes up and when I'm going for a lunge attack it will hit the object right next to a survivor(even though the timing and aiming is perfect)

    I've literally only ever heard that be called "Aim Assist."