Clown never needed a remake
His add-ons are nothing but the yellow bottle plus there's some problem with his bottle where I still get effected by it even though the cloud never touched me.
His add-ons are nothing but the yellow bottle plus there's some problem with his bottle where I still get effected by it even though the cloud never touched me.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That is why you have the option to play him exactly as he was before and disregard the change.
Something that should be possible for several other things.
I definitely miss his exhausted bottle
Neither did Freddy or Hillbilly or even Deathslinger.
All of these killers went through so much for no reason even though they were fine as they were.
I agree with Freddy but Billy and slinger were not fine.
Im not talking about base Billy I’m talking his insta saw addons they were busted as ######### and made Billy incredibly unfair. That was fixed but overheat he could have done without.
Slinger on the other hand was not fine. He’s the prime definition of lose lose situations no matter how you played or ran you could never dodge a good slinger it’s virtually impossible to dodge a projectile that can be shot in under .15 seconds.
Yes I meant base Billy because he required skill and he was very strong though at the same time, I agree he insta saw needed to go but everything else to did to him was unnecessary.
Deathslinger was fine imo because he had no map pressure, and he is a 4.4 movement speed killer. His chase potential is what brings him up. I do agree his gun did need a few changes to make it easier to avoid but the changes the devs did to him made a lot less fun to play and with the increased terror radius nerf to him I think they went too far.
It's not so much a remake, mostly it's just a buff.
Your Clown gameplay is the exact same as before, if you just don't use the After Piece Antidote. The only change here is that your bottle reload time is now 3 seconds instead of 4.
Speaking of the After Piece Antidote, all this really does is give him a slight movementspeed buff that, combined with his After Piece Tonic, allows him to turn most loops unsafe. It doesn't change much about his base design ideology, it just gives him a buff that he quite desperately needed. It also doesn't affect the counterplay to him, it just made him better in what he already was strong in - punishing people for staying at one loop with him.
Honestly, I don't see how Clowns gameplay changed in any significant way from what it previously was (his gameplay went from "throw purple bottle at Survivor" to "throw purple bottle at Survivor and yellow bottle at self (if deemed necessary)" - and therefore I also don't really see the problem you seem to be having.
If this were about Doctor, Hillbilly, Deathslinger or Freddy I would understand where you are coming from, as their gameplay has changed quite a bit (for some more, for some less - but it changed enough to make them feel different to play as / against) - but Clown? He is pretty much the exact same as before, just with a bit more of a skillceiling. Sure he got an Add On pass, but you yourself said that wasn't the issue.
Maybe you could elaborate on what exactly you dislike? Because the way I see it, neither his gameplay nor his counterplay have changed in any meaningful way - or are you saying you believe he didn't need a buff in the first place? If so, I'll have to disagree with you, as he was, and still is, on the weaker side of available Killers.
Also the thing you're talking about where you get intoxicated without touching the gas has nothing to do with his buff, that just sounds like a plain bug to me. This would have been the exact same with old Clown and you should report it in the Bug Sections Subforum if it hasn't already been done.
Freddy I find did need a small rework since it was easy to wake up gain distance fail a skill check done. But Hillbilly and Deathslinger never needed one their just husks now.
I mean if you think Freddy didn’t need a change that I’m down to revert him cause he’s so weak as of Freddy. Billy needs the cooldown removed cause it was unnecessary for such a fun killer. Deathslinger on the other hand was broken with the quick scope but I’d be down give him his small terror radius back as compensation
Insta saw needed the nerf, but that was all on Billy. The killed him so hard.
Ohhh really have u ever use your brain to guess when DS is gonna shoot?
Yes and even if you use your brains he can shoot faster then you can think cause remember not only could he aim in .15 seconds he could just zone you out and had no speed penalty’s or cooldowns.
If you were able to dodge a slinger then that slinger is trash I’m talking good slingers