Freddy dream transition QOL change.

This is nothing for the few Freddy mains who know how to play him. But to make life easier to the aspiring Nightmares, and clear some general misconceptions through some (very-) thick skulls, i propose a change.

- Give Freddy some indication that he is visible during the dream transition of the closest survivor.

This can be a huge hud icon, dream world effect, glowing claws, anything.

This will help understanding how to use his transition and why some Freddys avoid the block addons.

Comments

  • I feel like i shall summon a few Freddy mains.

    @PhantomMask20763
    @Raccoon
    @Justicar

  • And stop survivors from doing actions while transitioning. That way he won't get skill checks blown up in his face or have his ruin cleansed while he just stands there.
    I agree, i just disagree that his dream transition should disappear entirely, which was suggested a few times.

    Its what makes him unique, fun and quirky
  • @EntityDispleased said:
    And stop survivors from doing actions while transitioning. That way he won't get skill checks blown up in his face or have his ruin cleansed while he just stands there.

    My suggestion was:
    1. Make the dream demon ability an interrupt, so that survivor lose their progress.
    2. Give them a 25% actionspeed debuff during dreamtransition
    3. Slightly reduce the chance to get skillchecks in the dreamworld (stacks with add ons)
    4. Additional slight reduction to get skillchecks in the dreamworld from healing (you do not hurt yourself intentionally)

  • @ChesterTheMolester said:
    EntityDispleased said:

    And stop survivors from doing actions while transitioning. That way he won't get skill checks blown up in his face or have his ruin cleansed while he just stands there.

    I agree, i just disagree that his dream transition should disappear entirely, which was suggested a few times.

    Its what makes him unique, fun and quirky

    Yeah exactly. Shortening or removing Dream Transition is a cheap way, it would make him too similar to other killers. A much better approach is either making it harder to wake up (no SC please), or in my opinion, the best would be to give increasing debuffs each time someone is pulled in dream world. Make them think twice before they wake up (and somewhat reduce action speed penalty, and/or limit the aura reading effect).
    I want to force survivors to actually work on objectives while asleep.

  • Yes, dream transition phasing is pretty good and I think it should tell the player when he's phasing as well so those that don't really know the times can get a better understanding about it and possibly learn it. I love to run range add-ons too, mostly because I can play Sniper Freddy with them. But if we're talking about just QoL changes then no actions while dream transition is happening would be good, slightly decrease skill check chances in the dream world, if you wake up using self care it resets your heal bar to 0, Also fire up needs to be changed. Right now it only takes effect at 2 tokens and the numbers are just really low and it's not worth taking. I'd suggest changing it to 1 token 12% action speed bonus, 2 tokens 14% action speed bonus, 3 tokens 16% action speed bonus, 4 tokens 18% action speed bonus, 5 tokens 20% action speed bonus. Also no skill checks during dream transition. I had this one idea though that because the long dream transition time hurts you a lot in the endgame it could be changed a bit. So 5 gens left 7 seconds, 4 gens left 6 seconds, 3 gens left 5 seconds, 2 gens left 4 seconds, 1 gen left 3 seconds, No gens left 2 seconds. This would mostly be if he got reworked a bit instead of just QoL buffs though. It could work better though if it showed you when you phase so some players have a better understanding of the phasing. Anyway I think I covered most of it, at least the major weaknesses . Thanks for summoning me as well @ChesterTheMolester :smile:

  • I'm really concerned about the lack of details on a rework that has been talked about FOR MONTHS.

    With the way Devs respond to any questions regarding this rework, I don't think any progress has been made at all :(

    A lot of people enjoy playing Freddy due to his uniqueness despite being low-tier, just like a lot of survivors hate facing him despite being low-tier.

    This somewhat unique scenario could allow for feedback on proposed redesign ideas from both sides of the game to help with balancing both his viability and fun, but instead we get.....silence.

  • Devs have a strange concept about "taking feedback", when 10 people make the same good suggestion and 1 is making a really obvious bad one, the Devs tend to take the bad one.

  • looks at Legion

  • Yes, dream transition phasing is pretty good and I think it should tell the player when he's phasing as well so those that don't really know the times can get a better understanding about it and possibly learn it. I love to run range add-ons too, mostly because I can play Sniper Freddy with them. But if we're talking about just QoL changes then no actions while dream transition is happening would be good, slightly decrease skill check chances in the dream world, if you wake up using self care it resets your heal bar to 0, Also fire up needs to be changed. Right now it only takes effect at 2 tokens and the numbers are just really low and it's not worth taking. I'd suggest changing it to 1 token 12% action speed bonus, 2 tokens 14% action speed bonus, 3 tokens 16% action speed bonus, 4 tokens 18% action speed bonus, 5 tokens 20% action speed bonus. Also no skill checks during dream transition. I had this one idea though that because the long dream transition time hurts you a lot in the endgame it could be changed a bit. So 5 gens left 7 seconds, 4 gens left 6 seconds, 3 gens left 5 seconds, 2 gens left 4 seconds, 1 gen left 3 seconds, No gens left 2 seconds. This would mostly be if he got reworked a bit instead of just QoL buffs though. It could work better though if it showed you when you phase so some players have a better understanding of the phasing. Anyway I think I covered most of it, at least the major weaknesses . Thanks for summoning me as well @ChesterTheMolester :smile:

    The mindgames differentiate a virgin Sandman from a chad Saltman. And i agree with most what you say, except for the reduced/changing transition times, it often helped me get that one last survivor on his way out while the others tried to block it, i'd rather see a fix to him attacking awake survivors.

    Raccoon said:

    I'm really concerned about the lack of details on a rework that has been talked about FOR MONTHS.

    With the way Devs respond to any questions regarding this rework, I don't think any progress has been made at all :(

    A lot of people enjoy playing Freddy due to his uniqueness despite being low-tier, just like a lot of survivors hate facing him despite being low-tier.

    This somewhat unique scenario could allow for feedback on proposed redesign ideas from both sides of the game to help with balancing both his viability and fun, but instead we get.....silence.

    I hope they don't change the core of Freddy, and i hope they take feedback seriously this time. Not doing the opposite of what everyone is suggesting to nerf other Killers, even when it was minor this time.