Mid-Chapter Perk Suggestions

Brutal Strength:

Your strength comes in handy when it comes to sabotaging your prey's belongings. You break pallets and damage generators 10/15/20% faster. Your strength causes extra damage to generators; damaged generators will regress 30/40/50% faster than normal.

Sole Survivor:

A supernatural bond with the Entity gives you hope during problematic situations. For every survivor eliminated from the trial, receive a token up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens.
-1 Token: Killer cannot read your aura within a 32 meter range to you.
-2 Tokens: Killer cannot read your aura within a 64 meter range to you.
-3 Tokens: You are immune to the killer's aura reading abilities and if you are the obsession, gain the ability to open the exit gates without needing to complete all of the generators.
Increases your chances of becoming the killer's obsession. Only one obsession per trial.

Monstrous Hooks:

Your care to your hooks make them deadly to the touch; wounding every victim it touches. Survivors unhooked from the hook suffer from the broken status effect for 10/20/30 seconds and they will slightly/moderately/considerablely suffer from the pain status effect.

Pain Status Effect:

You're in deep pain and will make more louder grunts of pain than normal.
-Slightly 25% increase in grunts of pain audible range.
-Moderately 50% increase in grunts of pain audible range.
-Considerablely 75% increase in grunts of pain audible range.

Play With Your Food:

Toying with your obsession gives you delight. You'll become obsessed with a survivor. Every time you attack your obsession, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Each token gives you a 1% movement speed increase and 5% interaction speed increase (Vaulting, damaging generators, destroying pallets, and etc). However, if you sacrifice a survivor, this perk will be disabled for the reminder of the trial. Only one obsession per trial.

Left Behind:

You won't give in to the killer, regardless of the odds and the job must be done! Every time a survivor is eliminated from the trial, receive a token up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens.
-1 Token: Repair generators 10% faster than normal.
-2 Tokens: Repair generators 20% faster than normal.
-3 Tokens: Grants the Install Brand New Part action on a generator. After you finish the Install Brand New Part action, stopping the repair action will allow you to perform the Install Brand New Part action again.

Thanatophobia:

Survivors lose hope when seeing their undeniable mortality. Every time you hook a survivor, receive a token up to a maximum of 4/7/10 tokens. Every token will reduce the action speed for all survivors by 3% and if at anytime there's more than 2 survivors injured, great skill check success zones will be removed.

Hex (Huntress Lullaby):

Your excitement for a kill sings a song to the survivors which numbs them from danger. Every time you hook a survivor, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Each token reduces your Terror Radius (including the lullaby) by 20% up to a maximum of 100% and survivors cannot read your aura. The Hex's effects persists as long as the related Hex totem is standing.

Hex (The Third Seal):

You have a Hex that feeds off of the survivor's faith in their eyes. Attacking a survivor will limit their vision where they can't see no further than 32/28/24 meters. Additionally, any auras revealed outside of 32/28/24 meters will not be revealed to the survivor. The Hex's effects persists as long as the related Hex totem is standing.

Fire Up:

As your prey makes more progress to their escape, you become filled with rage. When a generator is completed, the survivor who completed the generator will suffer from the exposed status effect for 10/20/30 seconds. The survivor who completed the last generator gives you extra rage; the survivor who completed the last generator will be inflicted by the doomed status effect for 60 seconds.

Doomed Status Effect:

The survivor is marked for death by the Entity.
-Survivor can be mori'd by the killer.

No Mither:

You're a champ, you can take the challenge. You'll suffer from the exposed status effect for the remainder of the trial and you have ability to fully recover from dying state. Gain 1 iridescent shard for every 4,000/3,000/2,000 bloodpoints you have collected during the trial. Iridescent shards are awarded post-trial.

Hopefully the developers will consider these changes for the Mid-Chapter patch, what do you think y'all?

@Peanits
@MandyTalk

Move this thread to balance feedback, accidentally posted this thread in the wrong category!
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I like these a lot.

    Sole Survivor, Monstrous Hooks, and Thanatophobia are especially creative.

  • Thanatophobia gonna be brutal if you remove great skill-checks outright. I rather give them the Ruin style drawback, in that they exist but don't provide any bonuses.

  • Soul Survivor is actually useful with this, Monstrous Hooks sounds nice, Thanatophobia is more powerful, I already said I like Huntress, Brutal Strength NEEDS this upgrade, Third Seal looks interesting, but I don't know about Play With Your Food.

    The Normal PWYF gives you a max 15% extra movement speed, this give you 5 but a 15 extra in action, it's kind of like a combo of the normal perk and Fire Up which is awesome. When you say disable does that mean you can't get anymore tokens or the perk itself is turned off and the effects are gone?

  • Soul Survivor is actually useful with this, Monstrous Hooks sounds nice, Thanatophobia is more powerful, I already said I like Huntress, Brutal Strength NEEDS this upgrade, Third Seal looks interesting, but I don't know about Play With Your Food.

    The Normal PWYF gives you a max 15% extra movement speed, this give you 5 but a 15 extra in action, it's kind of like a combo of the normal perk and Fire Up which is awesome. When you say disable does that mean you can't get anymore tokens or the perk itself is turned off and the effects are gone?

    PWYF does give you 15% but you wouldn't stay there long. You'll usually have no tokens because breaking and losing the chase is much more time consuming. My version gives a incentive to go for your obsession just like Dying Light but instead you don't tunnel your obsession to death since it will disable the perk. Disable is where the perk is not functional, just like a Hex perk when it's cleansed.

    This is what PWYF is trying to say, "Hey, if you go after your obsession to get stacks but don't sacrifice anyone, I'll give you a permanent 25% action speed and 5% movement speed increase"
    Try stacking this with Brutal Strength for 45% pallet breaking speed increase.
  • All interesting ideas. I think that's a fantastic buff for Brutal Instinct.
  • This...this is fantastic, could you buff fire up too? :smile:

  • Does the pain status effect stack with stridor? Or does stridor inflict it? Love all these ideas! Gives some useless perks usability. 
  • KingB said:
    Does the pain status effect stack with stridor? Or does stridor inflict it? Love all these ideas! Gives some useless perks usability. 
    Strider will be changed to inflict the pain status effect instead and yes, they will stack! :)
  • Thanatophobia sounds like a nice fix to camping.
    But ofc survivors will disagree :wink:

  • U don't get the third seal change, why is a nerf necessary ?
  • U don't get the third seal change, why is a nerf necessary ?
    It's a buff, allow me to explain. You can't see anything further than 32/28/24 meters. Imagine a Huntress throwing hatchets at you when you can't even see her or a Nurse about to blink to you without you knowing where she is at. Not to say aura outside of 32/28/24 meters cannot be read so this Hex actually does a lot! :)
  • Ok at first I confused myself after your explanation but then I realized you said Sacrifice and not hook, it takes a while to actually Sacrifice someone but you can hook all game. During that time you'll be downing people quick and breaking pallets quicker and maybe by the time you actually Sacrifice someone those pallets will be gone so when you lose your speed it won't be a real hindrance. That's balance right there, the balance we have with this perk right now that has every strike you lose speed never made sense to me because you strike fairly often lol.

  • Nickenzie said:
    U don't get the third seal change, why is a nerf necessary ?
    It's a buff, allow me to explain. You can't see anything further than 32/28/24 meters. Imagine a Huntress throwing hatchets at you when you can't even see her or a Nurse about to blink to you without you knowing where she is at. Not to say aura outside of 32/28/24 meters cannot be read so this Hex actually does a lot! :)
    Oooh, nevermind im stupid! I thought this would only apply for aura reading! Hell yeah, that's an interesting and strong buff, would counter swf voice communication, I like that 
  • Sole survivor seems kinda OP there, they already have the hatch
  • Ok at first I confused myself after your explanation but then I realized you said Sacrifice and not hook, it takes a while to actually Sacrifice someone but you can hook all game. During that time you'll be downing people quick and breaking pallets quicker and maybe by the time you actually Sacrifice someone those pallets will be gone so when you lose your speed it won't be a real hindrance. That's balance right there, the balance we have with this perk right now that has every strike you lose speed never made sense to me because you strike fairly often lol.

    The point with my version of PWYF is to get your stacks by attacking the obsession preferably 3/4/5 depending on perk tier. Then hook everyone twice with your increased movement speed and interaction speed. After you hooked enough survivors, start sacrificing to slow down the game! :)
  • Sole survivor seems kinda OP there, they already have the hatch
    They are doing a Hatch rework, this means the hatch will have to be earned so let's say the hatch is more difficult to escape through. Sole Survivor will give the obsession a second chance but assuming you're a good killer, you'd check the exit gates as well to see if the obsession is making a break for it. The perk can work directly into your hands if you play your cards right.
  • This...this is fantastic, could you buff fire up too? :smile:

    @PhantomMask20763
    I buffed Fire Up :)
  • @Nickenzie said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

    This...this is fantastic, could you buff fire up too? :smile:

    @PhantomMask20763
    I buffed Fire Up :)

    I really like that idea! :smile: it's like a mini rancor, I'm guessing rancor would have the doomed status effect added as well. I really like this list and all the new status effects!!!

  • @Nickenzie said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

    This...this is fantastic, could you buff fire up too? :smile:

    @PhantomMask20763
    I buffed Fire Up :)

    I really like that idea! :smile: it's like a mini rancor, I'm guessing rancor would have the doomed status effect added as well. I really like this list and all the new status effects!!!

    Rancor and the momento offerings will have this status effect! Now when a survivor repairs a generator in front of you, they will regret everything!
  • Buff Left Behind and i.. JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

  • Brady said:

    Buff Left Behind and i.. JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

    Left Behind is really good now. Most killer's won't mind if the last survivor has a fair chance to spawn in the hatch anyways.
  • @Nickenzie said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

    @Nickenzie said:

    PhantomMask20763 said:

    This...this is fantastic, could you buff fire up too? :smile:
    
    
    
    @PhantomMask20763 
    

    I buffed Fire Up :)

    I really like that idea! :smile: it's like a mini rancor, I'm guessing rancor would have the doomed status effect added as well. I really like this list and all the new status effects!!!

    Rancor and the momento offerings will have this status effect! Now when a survivor repairs a generator in front of you, they will regret everything!

    Guess the perk would be really useful on Freddy lol

  • I really like your Ideas, but I think you should nerf your Thanatophobia, cause if you combine that with Dying Light it would be just Over Kill. I would say, that you loose 3 tokens everytime if a survivor dies, so if you are just three you are not totally screwed.

  • I like these ideas! PWYF and Bamboozle with Tuft of Hair on Myers would be a sexy combo!
  • Also, do u have an idea to make no mither more attractive? I know it's meant to be kinda hardcore mode to use it, so I personally thought to just give 100% BP if u survive with no mither. Ur thought on that?
  • Cursed Status Effect

    • Removed for ranks 15-1.

    You're welcome.

  • Also, do u have an idea to make no mither more attractive? I know it's meant to be kinda hardcore mode to use it, so I personally thought to just give 100% BP if u survive with no mither. Ur thought on that?
    @DwightsLifeMatters
    I buffed No Mither, now it's the exposed status effect since a instantly downing a survivor can be passed off as EW3, NOED, Devour Hope, previously injured by a bear trap, Iridescent hatchets, Rancor, being grabbed, and etc. This will give the perk user more ways to hide their perk.
  • Somehow those look like cool changes.

  • Milo said:

    Somehow those look like cool changes.

    Do you have a favorite one? :)
  • PWYF sounds like a new Meta perk especially for Freddy since he can keep an eye on the obsession and keep them hurt at the same time. 
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Brady said:

    Buff Left Behind and i.. JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

    Left Behind is really good now. Most killer's won't mind if the last survivor has a fair chance to spawn in the hatch anyways.

    Wait, in its current state you mean or the buffed version you suggested?

  • Brady said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    Brady said:

    Buff Left Behind and i.. JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

    Left Behind is really good now. Most killer's won't mind if the last survivor has a fair chance to spawn in the hatch anyways.

    Wait, in its current state you mean or the buffed version you suggested?

    The buffed version, it will be a great perk to help survivor deal with the loss of a survivor.
  • What about the best perks of the game, Surveillance and Boil Over?
    They are so useful that they do exactly nothing!

  • PWYF sounds like a new Meta perk especially for Freddy since he can keep an eye on the obsession and keep them hurt at the same time. 
    Yeah but the moment you sacrifice a survivor then PWYF is gone just like a Hex perk so you'll want to spread the damage.
  • Great list!  But tbh,   I'd rather have Fire Up buffed instead of reworked  ^^
  • Great list!  But tbh,   I'd rather have Fire Up buffed instead of reworked  ^^
    Fire Up seemed like a Brutal Strength wannabe in my opinion. I changed it to serve as a secondary purpose as to punish survivors who do generators while the killer is close, especially for Freddy.

    Are there any perks you'd consider on using now?
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Brutal Strength:

    This ones in a good place but what are the numbers for gen damage compared to now and how would this work with say Overcharge?

    Sole Survivor:

    How would the aura reading work with say Trappers traps, Scratched Mirror Myers or his tracking addons, Amanda's aura addon and Jigsaw Boxes addon. The Wraiths aura addon, Huntress aura addon on hits. Then there's also Bitter Murmur and Tinkerer.

    Monstrous Hooks:

    Your care to your hooks make them deadly to the touch; wounding every victim it touches. Survivors unhooked from the hook suffer from the broken status effect for 10/20/30 seconds and they will slightly/moderately/considerablely suffer from the pain status effect. Pain Status Effect:

    The grunts of pain is probably a bit much since you could be on far side of map and say you're a Billy you'd be able to hear that person pretty much instantly. If they pause to heal well 1 or more are going right back on the hook.

    If anything I'd make progression a bit faster and failed attempts penalty harsher with 2nd hooks both overall and on basement hooks harsher.

    Play With Your Food:

    The stacking Ms is fine but the up to 30% action speed is brutal if you combine it with say Fire Up/Brutal/Bamboozle/Relentless. Then throw in say Legion who'd basically become the new Nurse. IF you kept it 1% across the board for each token that'd make it good but not op.

    Since your goal is to hook repeatedly and then at the end you go for the sacrifice.

    Left Behind:

    1st 2 tokens only change is make it 10 and 25% and for the 3rd token instead of BNP perhaps make it 50% faster so gen would take 40 seconds. That's not counting any great skill checks.

    Thanatophobia:

    This is a tricky one since if you combined it with say Coulrophobia for healing and or Dying Light it could be brokenly op and would end up getting instantly nerfed.

    I'll come back to this one after dinner.

    Hex (Huntress Lullaby):

    This i could see getting nerfed pretty quickly especially if you combined it with Monitor and Abuse and you'd become a ranged Myers at that point.

    I'd change it to the 3/4/5 tokens but make each token give 1/3/6/9/12% reduced terror radius which is still pretty brutal if running M&A.

    Hex (The Third Seal):

    So basically like a fog/haze effect but I wonder what this would do to colorblind people though since you'd basically make their whole screen the same color of hazy white so to speak. The aura reading is fine but perhaps make it the furthest part of each distance tier is the more hazy.

    Think of it this way if you're on say Macmillan Estates or Autohaven and look across the map it's hazy in the farthest corners of the map. It could work the same way but on small maps like say haddonfield it'd be a royal pain since you'd basically blind half the map.

    Fire Up:

    This is completely broken since no one would ever want to be the one that completed a generator, throw in a Tinkerer user/Bitter Murmur with say Nurse/Billy/Spirit. You could lower that to 2/4/6 seconds but even then the high mobility killers would have it easy.

    Doomed Status Effect:

    This is a free Rancor/Mori without having to use either one and instead the last person should have the exposed status effect. The mori effect can only be applied during the next 15 seconds after which they still retain the exposed status effect.

    No Mither:

    Shards might be a bit much since it's supposed to be risking yourself for bp so instead I'd go a different route to make it a real risk reward. You have the exposed effect the entire game but don't start the trial with the injured effect. Once you're downed then the No Mither effect is shown to everyone and the killer knows you're running it.

    Now here's the big change, you'd make it like WGLF but instead it'd be stackable across all categories including Boldness so you're tempted to be in the killers terror radius. Do you take a chance and get chased for those extra juicy Boldness points up to 100% bonus?

    How about going for that rescue when the killer is close knowing you're going to probably be on that very same hook shortly. This would really encourage a high risk high reward playstyle for running it. It wouldn't be for the faint of heart and it'd reward you for really taking risks.

  • Nickenzie said:
    KingB said:
    Does the pain status effect stack with stridor? Or does stridor inflict it? Love all these ideas! Gives some useless perks usability. 
    Strider will be changed to inflict the pain status effect instead and yes, they will stack! :)


    So same hearing benefits when their healthy as well? 
  • powerbats said:

    @Nickenzie said:
    Brutal Strength:

    This ones in a good place but what are the numbers for gen damage compared to now and how would this work with say Overcharge?

    Sole Survivor:

    How would the aura reading work with say Trappers traps, Scratched Mirror Myers or his tracking addons, Amanda's aura addon and Jigsaw Boxes addon. The Wraiths aura addon, Huntress aura addon on hits. Then there's also Bitter Murmur and Tinkerer.

    Monstrous Hooks:

    Your care to your hooks make them deadly to the touch; wounding every victim it touches. Survivors unhooked from the hook suffer from the broken status effect for 10/20/30 seconds and they will slightly/moderately/considerablely suffer from the pain status effect. Pain Status Effect:

    The grunts of pain is probably a bit much since you could be on far side of map and say you're a Billy you'd be able to hear that person pretty much instantly. If they pause to heal well 1 or more are going right back on the hook.

    If anything I'd make progression a bit faster and failed attempts penalty harsher with 2nd hooks both overall and on basement hooks harsher.

    Play With Your Food:

    The stacking Ms is fine but the up to 30% action speed is brutal if you combine it with say Fire Up/Brutal/Bamboozle/Relentless. Then throw in say Legion who'd basically become the new Nurse. IF you kept it 1% across the board for each token that'd make it good but not op.

    Since your goal is to hook repeatedly and then at the end you go for the sacrifice.

    Left Behind:

    1st 2 tokens only change is make it 10 and 25% and for the 3rd token instead of BNP perhaps make it 50% faster so gen would take 40 seconds. That's not counting any great skill checks.

    Thanatophobia:

    This is a tricky one since if you combined it with say Coulrophobia for healing and or Dying Light it could be brokenly op and would end up getting instantly nerfed.

    I'll come back to this one after dinner.

    Hex (Huntress Lullaby):

    This i could see getting nerfed pretty quickly especially if you combined it with Monitor and Abuse and you'd become a ranged Myers at that point.

    I'd change it to the 3/4/5 tokens but make each token give 1/3/6/9/12% reduced terror radius which is still pretty brutal if running M&A.

    Hex (The Third Seal):

    So basically like a fog/haze effect but I wonder what this would do to colorblind people though since you'd basically make their whole screen the same color of hazy white so to speak. The aura reading is fine but perhaps make it the furthest part of each distance tier is the more hazy.

    Think of it this way if you're on say Macmillan Estates or Autohaven and look across the map it's hazy in the farthest corners of the map. It could work the same way but on small maps like say haddonfield it'd be a royal pain since you'd basically blind half the map.

    Fire Up:

    This is completely broken since no one would ever want to be the one that completed a generator, throw in a Tinkerer user/Bitter Murmur with say Nurse/Billy/Spirit. You could lower that to 2/4/6 seconds but even then the high mobility killers would have it easy.

    Doomed Status Effect:

    This is a free Rancor/Mori without having to use either one and instead the last person should have the exposed status effect. The mori effect can only be applied during the next 15 seconds after which they still retain the exposed status effect.

    No Mither:

    Shards might be a bit much since it's supposed to be risking yourself for bp so instead I'd go a different route to make it a real risk reward. You have the exposed effect the entire game but don't start the trial with the injured effect. Once you're downed then the No Mither effect is shown to everyone and the killer knows you're running it.

    Now here's the big change, you'd make it like WGLF but instead it'd be stackable across all categories including Boldness so you're tempted to be in the killers terror radius. Do you take a chance and get chased for those extra juicy Boldness points up to 100% bonus?

    How about going for that rescue when the killer is close knowing you're going to probably be on that very same hook shortly. This would really encourage a high risk high reward playstyle for running it. It wouldn't be for the faint of heart and it'd reward you for really taking risks.

    "This ones in a good place but what are the numbers for gen damage compared to now and how would this work with say Overcharge?"

    This perk won't affect Overcharge, it will only affect the speed in which a damaged generator regresses over time.

    "
    How would the aura reading work with say Trappers traps, Scratched Mirror Myers or his tracking addons, Amanda's aura addon and Jigsaw Boxes addon. The Wraiths aura addon, Huntress aura addon on hits. Then there's also Bitter Murmur and Tinkerer."

    Same as the current version of Sole Survivor, if the killer is within that range then the killer cannot read your aura.

    "
    The grunts of pain is probably a bit much since you could be on far side of map and say you're a Billy you'd be able to hear that person pretty much instantly. If they pause to heal well 1 or more are going right back on the hook.

    If anything I'd make progression a bit faster and failed attempts penalty harsher with 2nd hooks both overall and on basement hooks harsher."

    I dunno, I feel like my version can waste a lot of time since it prevents them from healing for 30 seconds and are likely too scared to do anything until they are healed. The extra grunts of pain can help you find their healing spot and counteracts Iron Will.

    "The stacking Ms is fine but the up to 30% action speed is brutal if you combine it with say Fire Up/Brutal/Bamboozle/Relentless. Then throw in say Legion who'd basically become the new Nurse. IF you kept it 1% across the board for each token that'd make it good but not op.

    Since your goal is to hook repeatedly and then at the end you go for the sacrifice."

    I feel like the action speed is justified BUT if it does gets out of control then we could nerf it down to 3% or 4% per token.

    "1st 2 tokens only change is make it 10% and 25% and for the 3rd token instead of BNP perhaps make it 50% faster so gen would take 40 seconds. That's not counting any great skill checks."

    I feel like 40 seconds would take too long since the killer will likely be patrolling generators. My BNP at 3 tokens makes generators take 20 seconds to complete if you hit the difficult skill checks assuming you performed the BNP action 4 times on the generator.

    "This is a tricky one since if you combined it with say Coulrophobia for healing and or Dying Light it could be brokenly op and would end up getting instantly nerfed.

    I'll come back to this one after dinner."

    I don't think this perk will get out of control since if the killer was able to get 10 tokens then the survivors are likely gonna lose anyways.

    "This i could see getting nerfed pretty quickly especially if you combined it with Monitor and Abuse and you'd become a ranged Myers at that point.

    I'd change it to the 3/4/5 tokens but make each token give 1/3/6/9/12% reduced terror radius which is still pretty brutal if running M&A."

    I understand where you're coming from but it's a Hex. Hex perks can get destroyed at anytime and thus makes this perk strength justified when at 5 tokens.

    "So basically like a fog/haze effect but I wonder what this would do to colorblind people though since you'd basically make their whole screen the same color of hazy white so to speak. The aura reading is fine but perhaps make it the furthest part of each distance tier is the more hazy.

    Think of it this way if you're on say Macmillan Estates or Autohaven and look across the map it's hazy in the farthest corners of the map. It could work the same way but on small maps like say haddonfield it'd be a royal pain since you'd basically blind half the map."

    Like I said above, Hex perks are supposed to be OP if left standing because they can be cleansed at anytime. However numbers can be changed if proven to be a little much.

    "This is completely broken since no one would ever want to be the one that completed a generator, throw in a Tinkerer user/Bitter Murmur with say Nurse/Billy/Spirit. You could lower that to 2/4/6 seconds but even then the high mobility killers would have it easy."

    Think of it as MYC but worse since you're only getting 5 survivors exposed with only 1 them getting doomed. I feel like there's enough counter play: Not doing a generator when the killer is nearby.

    "This is a free Rancor/Mori without having to use either one and instead the last person should have the exposed status effect. The mori effect can only be applied during the next 15 seconds after which they still retain the exposed status effect."

    Same thing as I said above, just don't do a generator when the killer is nearby and you'll be just fine. It just looks scary because the exposed and the doomed status effect are strong status effects but don't mean anything if the killer isn't there to make them strong.

    "Shards might be a bit much since it's supposed to be risking yourself for bp so instead I'd go a different route to make it a real risk reward. You have the exposed effect the entire game but don't start the trial with the injured effect. Once you're downed then the No Mither effect is shown to everyone and the killer knows you're running it.

    Now here's the big change, you'd make it like WGLF but instead it'd be stackable across all categories including Boldness so you're tempted to be in the killers terror radius. Do you take a chance and get chased for those extra juicy Boldness points up to 100% bonus?

    How about going for that rescue when the killer is close knowing you're going to probably be on that very same hook shortly. This would really encourage a high risk high reward playstyle for running it. It wouldn't be for the faint of heart and it'd reward you for really taking risks."

    Your version can work BUT I made this version because someone wanted it to be viable while remaining a hardcore perk.


  • I'm not a fan of completely changing the design of a perk. Most of the perks on your list are fine as they are they just need some minor buffs or QOL changes. Only the bottom of the barrel perks need to be reworked (eg. Spies, Surveillance, Monstrous Shrine).

    Also, we have plenty of status effects, we really don't need more at this point. The only status effect I want is "Inefficient" which is basically a Mangled effect on repairs. This could go on Thanatophobia since that's kinda what it does anyway.

    I do like your idea for Sole Survivor but that's honestly it.

  • I actually really like all of these, bar only PWYF.
    Play With Your Food seems to be kind of useless to me as you only get at maximum 5% movement speed and the perk's existence can be negated by a Survivor deciding to suicide on hook in the middle of the game. The best it'd do is make 110% Killers as fast as 115% Killers until a Survivor dies, and it would completely lose its utility in Infinite Tombstone Shape and make it nearly impossible to get Evil Incarnate, implying it isn't hard enough already.
    5% movement speed until a Survivor dies isn't really worth a perk slot in my opinion.

    I love your idea of the Pain status effect, and Doomed looks solid as well, so long as it doesn't innately give Survivors the Exposed effect either.
    I always thought that your idea for Pain should be applied to the Broken status effect and No Mither be buffed as a result to make it so a Survivor with No Mither makes no pain sounds whatsoever, so that the injured noise increase only applies when Survivors are afflicted by Broken as in due to Deliverance. But it is still a very good status effect.
    Doomed could not possibly be named any more perfect. You know when a status effect in a game says 'doomed', you're in for the ass-kicking of a lifetime. Take Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and some other games inspired by that series for example - Doom is nearly always 'kill this enemy before time runs out or die instantly'. In Dead By Daylight it's 'if you fall, you die'.
    But like I said, I only agree with Doomed if it does not automatically cause the affected Survivor to go down in one hit as if they've been Exposed.

    Besides all that, these perk ideas look awesome.

  • I'm not a fan of completely changing the design of a perk. Most of the perks on your list are fine as they are they just need some minor buffs or QOL changes. Only the bottom of the barrel perks need to be reworked (eg. Spies, Surveillance, Monstrous Shrine).

    Also, we have plenty of status effects, we really don't need more at this point. The only status effect I want is "Inefficient" which is basically a Mangled effect on repairs. This could go on Thanatophobia since that's kinda what it does anyway.

    I do like your idea for Sole Survivor but that's honestly it.

    I really feel like these perks need a rework:

    -Huntress Lullaby
    Basically paying attention to the screen shuts this perk down meaning you don't need to cleanse it. Hex perks should be OP (like Devour Hope) if left untouched and Huntress lullaby isn't strong enough to be a Hex.

    -Monstrous Shrine
    It's restriction to the basement hooks is too harsh on the killer since you can only go 58.88 meters before the survivor wiggles free. There needs to be a rework since buffing the perk won't solve the problem.

    -Left Behind
    This is a grey area since your team has to suck for this come handy or have the killer camp the hatch. Situation 1: You need to spawn the Hatch. Usually you'll do a generator and hope you can pull a miracle by hoping to complete a generator without getting caught. The problem is if you buff the speed, you'll make the perk OP as the it is either too good or too bad. Situation 2: The killer camping the hatch. You can just take your time 99%'ing the generators since the killer won't be patrolling. Here's the problem, you'll get the same effect without using Left Behind since it just speeds up the 99% progress and speed isn't important as the killer is not patrolling. Overall, if you buff the perk, the problem will still remain as it's still too situational and you can still get the same results without using the perk in situation 2.

    -Thanatophoia
    (Same problem with Left Behind as) the perk just needs a rework since buffing it will just make it like Dying Light and keeping it how it's right now will make it underpowered.

    -Fire Up
    Same thing with Left Behind and Thanatophoia, buffing it will make it a better Brutal Strength.

    -Play With You Food
    The problem with PWYF is it's too time consuming to get tokens and too easy to lose them. Buffing how many tokens will give the survivors no counter play and buffing the speed per token will will still give the survivor no counter play. Both of these buffs also don't solve the original problem of PWYF which is tokens are hard to get and easy to lose.

    As for the rest, they are fine but I felt like they needed a rework (second effect such as Sole Survivor) to justify a perk slot.
  • Judgement said:

    I actually really like all of these, bar only PWYF.
    Play With Your Food seems to be kind of useless to me as you only get at maximum 5% movement speed and the perk's existence can be negated by a Survivor deciding to suicide on hook in the middle of the game. The best it'd do is make 110% Killers as fast as 115% Killers until a Survivor dies, and it would completely lose its utility in Infinite Tombstone Shape and make it nearly impossible to get Evil Incarnate, implying it isn't hard enough already.
    5% movement speed until a Survivor dies isn't really worth a perk slot in my opinion.

    I love your idea of the Pain status effect, and Doomed looks solid as well, so long as it doesn't innately give Survivors the Exposed effect either.
    I always thought that your idea for Pain should be applied to the Broken status effect and No Mither be buffed as a result to make it so a Survivor with No Mither makes no pain sounds whatsoever, so that the injured noise increase only applies when Survivors are afflicted by Broken as in due to Deliverance. But it is still a very good status effect.
    Doomed could not possibly be named any more perfect. You know when a status effect in a game says 'doomed', you're in for the ass-kicking of a lifetime. Take Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and some other games inspired by that series for example - Doom is nearly always 'kill this enemy before time runs out or die instantly'. In Dead By Daylight it's 'if you fall, you die'.
    But like I said, I only agree with Doomed if it does not automatically cause the affected Survivor to go down in one hit as if they've been Exposed.

    Besides all that, these perk ideas look awesome.

    PWYF doesn't deactivate when a survivor dies, it only deactivates when you sacrifice a survivor. Additionally, the 5% movement speed increase and 25% interaction speed increase is actually a lot. Imagine Myers with 40% vaulting speed increase with his own speed increase in vault speed. Crazy stuff.
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Judgement said:

    I actually really like all of these, bar only PWYF.

    Play With Your Food seems to be kind of useless to me as you only get at maximum 5% movement speed and the perk's existence can be negated by a Survivor deciding to suicide on hook in the middle of the game. The best it'd do is make 110% Killers as fast as 115% Killers until a Survivor dies, and it would completely lose its utility in Infinite Tombstone Shape and make it nearly impossible to get Evil Incarnate, implying it isn't hard enough already.

    5% movement speed until a Survivor dies isn't really worth a perk slot in my opinion.

    I love your idea of the Pain status effect, and Doomed looks solid as well, so long as it doesn't innately give Survivors the Exposed effect either.

    I always thought that your idea for Pain should be applied to the Broken status effect and No Mither be buffed as a result to make it so a Survivor with No Mither makes no pain sounds whatsoever, so that the injured noise increase only applies when Survivors are afflicted by Broken as in due to Deliverance. But it is still a very good status effect.

    Doomed could not possibly be named any more perfect. You know when a status effect in a game says 'doomed', you're in for the ass-kicking of a lifetime. Take Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and some other games inspired by that series for example - Doom is nearly always 'kill this enemy before time runs out or die instantly'. In Dead By Daylight it's 'if you fall, you die'.

    But like I said, I only agree with Doomed if it does not automatically cause the affected Survivor to go down in one hit as if they've been Exposed.

    Besides all that, these perk ideas look awesome.

    PWYF doesn't deactivate when a survivor dies, it only deactivates when you sacrifice a survivor. Additionally, the 5% movement speed increase and 25% interaction speed increase is actually a lot. Imagine Myers with 40% vaulting speed increase with his own speed increase in vault speed. Crazy stuff.

    Ah, I might have misread or not fully read PWYF, my bad.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Huh. I see the @, but I didn't get a notification. Weird.

    I think I've seen a lot of these posted before, and I still like most of them. Just going to hit a couple things that I think might cause problems.

    Sole Survivor: I don't like the 3rd token effect. This would make it possible to throw on this perk, sandbag or do absolutely nothing, and then slip out the gates for a free escape. I don't think a killer would expect it so you would go largely unnoticed. I definitely think Sole Survivor should give you a shot if you're the last one standing, but this would reward you a little too much for failing.

    Monstrous Hooks: Might be better to keep it as a shrine (basement hooks only). This would still offer some interesting opportunities. Running it along side Agitation would basically hard counter We'll Make It, and you could turn the basement into an incredibly dangerous place with almost no chance of escaping from it. With blocking healing in general for all hooks, I just feel like this would remove the decision of whether or not it's better to heal at the hook and encourage tunneling the unhooked survivor. Tunneling that guy is already a powerful strategy, I don't feel like there needs to be perks to encourage it more.

    Pain: A little close to stridor. Could go either way.

    Left Behind: Minor note: You should just be presenting with the new part prompt immediately, having to stop repairing to do it again would feel clunky and confuse some people. I would also say that as a minor QOL change, the generator should not provide a notification when completed (the aura just disappears and the generator started sound plays). This would make fixing a generator a little less risky, since it would currently pinpoint your location.

    Third Seal: This is interesting, but I don't know how much of an effect it would have. Most maps tend to generator the same way each time with little variation. Thompson House, for example, will always spawn with the house on one edge with jungle gyms to either side, with a couple hay bales and tractors in between, corn in the center of the map, harvesters and cow tree along the edge, and then the shack in the corner to the left (facing out from the house). Most maps have similar rules as to where tiles can spawn. In that regard, this blindness effect would likely have a pretty limited effect on experienced players. I could see this being more punishing to new players which ideally a perk should not do.

    No Mither: This is something I don't think I'd want to see. Shards are currently a very protected currency. The rate you get them is the same as the rate everyone gets them. The issue I see here is that this would encourage people to run this perk just to get the shards. On the surface, that's fine, but it's also not fair to your teammates that you're handicapping yourself- and as a result, hurting the team as a whole- just because you want some extra shards. It would be frustrating to lose a match because all three other survivors are farming shards and keep going down in one hit, meanwhile you're just there trying to play the game normally.

    Then again, I'm not really a fan of farming perks in general. If the bloodpoint/shard gain needs to be higher, I'd rather just see that raised as a baseline and leave perks just as gameplay modifiers. I don't think that certain perks should become meta purely for the rewards they provide.

  • Peanits said:

    Huh. I see the @, but I didn't get a notification. Weird.

    I think I've seen a lot of these posted before, and I still like most of them. Just going to hit a couple things that I think might cause problems.

    Sole Survivor: I don't like the 3rd token effect. This would make it possible to throw on this perk, sandbag or do absolutely nothing, and then slip out the gates for a free escape. I don't think a killer would expect it so you would go largely unnoticed. I definitely think Sole Survivor should give you a shot if you're the last one standing, but this would reward you a little too much for failing.

    Monstrous Hooks: Might be better to keep it as a shrine (basement hooks only). This would still offer some interesting opportunities. Running it along side Agitation would basically hard counter We'll Make It, and you could turn the basement into an incredibly dangerous place with almost no chance of escaping from it. With blocking healing in general for all hooks, I just feel like this would remove the decision of whether or not it's better to heal at the hook and encourage tunneling the unhooked survivor. Tunneling that guy is already a powerful strategy, I don't feel like there needs to be perks to encourage it more.

    Pain: A little close to stridor. Could go either way.

    Left Behind: Minor note: You should just be presenting with the new part prompt immediately, having to stop repairing to do it again would feel clunky and confuse some people. I would also say that as a minor QOL change, the generator should not provide a notification when completed (the aura just disappears and the generator started sound plays). This would make fixing a generator a little less risky, since it would currently pinpoint your location.

    Third Seal: This is interesting, but I don't know how much of an effect it would have. Most maps tend to generator the same way each time with little variation. Thompson House, for example, will always spawn with the house on one edge with jungle gyms to either side, with a couple hay bales and tractors in between, corn in the center of the map, harvesters and cow tree along the edge, and then the shack in the corner to the left (facing out from the house). Most maps have similar rules as to where tiles can spawn. In that regard, this blindness effect would likely have a pretty limited effect on experienced players. I could see this being more punishing to new players which ideally a perk should not do.

    No Mither: This is something I don't think I'd want to see. Shards are currently a very protected currency. The rate you get them is the same as the rate everyone gets them. The issue I see here is that this would encourage people to run this perk just to get the shards. On the surface, that's fine, but it's also not fair to your teammates that you're handicapping yourself- and as a result, hurting the team as a whole- just because you want some extra shards. It would be frustrating to lose a match because all three other survivors are farming shards and keep going down in one hit, meanwhile you're just there trying to play the game normally.

    Then again, I'm not really a fan of farming perks in general. If the bloodpoint/shard gain needs to be higher, I'd rather just see that raised as a baseline and leave perks just as gameplay modifiers. I don't think that certain perks should become meta purely for the rewards they provide.

    "Sole Survivor: I don't like the 3rd token effect. This would make it possible to throw on this perk, sandbag or do absolutely nothing, and then slip out the gates for a free escape. I don't think a killer would expect it so you would go largely unnoticed. I definitely think Sole Survivor should give you a shot if you're the last one standing, but this would reward you a little too much for failing."

    Well let's look at the situations and see how perk has counter play for the killer! If the hatch has already spawned then the survivor was going to escape anyways. The survivor will eventually escape through the hatch even without this perk change. If the hatch hasn't spawned in, the perk can play directly into your hands by patrolling the doors and catching the survivor off guard.

    "
    Monstrous Hooks: Might be better to keep it as a shrine (basement hooks only). This would still offer some interesting opportunities. Running it along side Agitation would basically hard counter We'll Make It, and you could turn the basement into an incredibly dangerous place with almost no chance of escaping from it. With blocking healing in general for all hooks, I just feel like this would remove the decision of whether or not it's better to heal at the hook and encourage tunneling the unhooked survivor. Tunneling that guy is already a powerful strategy, I don't feel like there needs to be perks to encourage it more."

    The perk can encourage tunneling but think about the bigger picture here. If you let the survivor go then they will probably won't do anything for 30 seconds since they are sacred to even do anything until healed. The pain status effect will encourage them to heal as soon as possible so you're talking about 70 seconds to heal assuming you have sloppy butcher on and they use self care immediately.

    "
    Left Behind: Minor note: You should just be presenting with the new part prompt immediately, having to stop repairing to do it again would feel clunky and confuse some people. I would also say that as a minor QOL change, the generator should not provide a notification when completed (the aura just disappears and the generator started sound plays). This would make fixing a generator a little less risky, since it would currently pinpoint your location."

    I agree with the QoL change and how would you word what you just said about making the BNP prompt show up again?

    "
    Third Seal: This is interesting, but I don't know how much of an effect it would have. Most maps tend to generator the same way each time with little variation. Thompson House, for example, will always spawn with the house on one edge with jungle gyms to either side, with a couple hay bales and tractors in between, corn in the center of the map, harvesters and cow tree along the edge, and then the shack in the corner to the left (facing out from the house). Most maps have similar rules as to where tiles can spawn. In that regard, this blindness effect would likely have a pretty limited effect on experienced players. I could see this being more punishing to new players which ideally a perk should not do."

    It really depends on the map and killer because if you're a Huntress, you can snipe survivors who don't see you. This can also apply to the Nurse when you see a survivor on a generator and can blink to them without noticing. I can say that this perk has more uses with these changes and if it's too weak, the numbers can be changed.

    "
    No Mither: This is something I don't think I'd want to see. Shards are currently a very protected currency. The rate you get them is the same as the rate everyone gets them. The issue I see here is that this would encourage people to run this perk just to get the shards. On the surface, that's fine, but it's also not fair to your teammates that you're handicapping yourself- and as a result, hurting the team as a whole- just because you want some extra shards. It would be frustrating to lose a match because all three other survivors are farming shards and keep going down in one hit, meanwhile you're just there trying to play the game normally.

    Then again, I'm not really a fan of farming perks in general. If the bloodpoint/shard gain needs to be higher, I'd rather just see that raised as a baseline and leave perks just as gameplay modifiers. I don't think that certain perks should become meta purely for the rewards they provide."

    Agreed, they should increased the rate gained and make the perks modifiers. However, I like the idea of a perk rewarding you for challenging yourself!