Hackers are too common, BHVR you seriously need a better anticheat

Title. I have no idea why hackers are so common now, iv been getting them pretty much daily and today iv had multiple in a row... when someone insta completes gens, escape while gens still remain or even instantly teleporting its obviously a cheater and any form of system could track this...

Physically stopped playing today as it's to common and my last game I got held hostage... images for both roles, cant play either...

20220807_171816.png 20220807_171751.png

No other game in my entire gaming history has cheaters been this common and blatant...

Comments

  • It's not the EAC's fault. There are some design issues to fix first.

  • @drsoontm said:

    It's not the EAC's fault. There are some design issues to fix first.

    Its BHVRs fault. I'm not gonna act like this is acceptable, no other game has this issue and shouldn't be looked over its getting bloody ridiculous.

  • I went from seeing hackers once a week to seeing them almost every day now.

  • @I_CAME said:

    I went from seeing hackers once a week to seeing them almost every day now.

    Yeah definitely the most common they have ever been. Honestly ruining the game for me at this point

  • Hackers and their buddies definitely said hey guys this game is easy let's hit it up

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119121#Comment_3119121

    Its BHVRs fault. I'm not gonna act like this is acceptable, no other game has this issue and shouldn't be looked over its getting bloody ridiculous.

    Yes? I thought what I said was clear enough.

  • i am so tired of repeating,this is not an anticheat problem. the issue is that BHVR doesn't have the skills or doesn't want to spend the money to move game logic to server side so hackers can't fly around

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Hackers and their buddies definitely said hey guys this game is easy let's hit it up

    Right? Bloody hacker party in the entitys realm lol

  • @kizuati said:

    i am so tired of repeating,this is not an anticheat problem. the issue is that BHVR doesn't have the skills or doesn't want to spend the money to move game logic to server side so hackers can't fly around

    I mean it is an anticheat, but it is also on BHVR as they control the anticheat. Like you said the system should track flying people etc. And auto ban instantly but it doesn't

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119356#Comment_3119356

    I mean it is an anticheat, but it is also on BHVR as they control the anticheat. Like you said the system should track flying people etc. And auto ban instantly but it doesn't

    It's not an anticheat. The issue is that the game logic is handled on the client. If the client only sent inputs of their keys and the server calculated everything else,flyhacking would literally be impossible.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119356#Comment_3119356

    I mean it is an anticheat, but it is also on BHVR as they control the anticheat. Like you said the system should track flying people etc. And auto ban instantly but it doesn't

    • Hacking Killer downs you
    • Picks you up
    • Flies around the map
    • Now you are getting banned too

    Automated permabans are bad but it should absolutely flag relevant accounts so they can be investigated by a human, and then banned.

    Guild Wars 2 (and maybe 1) has a system where staff can join instanced maps, observe and ban people who abuse exploits etc. Dedicated servers should make something similar possible for Dbd. If an account gets flagged staff should be able to observe when that person next plays and then ban them if they witness something bannable going on.

    🦆🦂

  • I hear Overwatch 2 is going to require a phone number verification to play. May not be a bad idea in Dead by Daylight. But BHVR probably won’t ever do that, because lost money from cheaters buying new accounts.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    I hear Overwatch 2 is going to require a phone number verification to play. May not be a bad idea in Dead by Daylight. But BHVR probably won’t ever do that, because lost money from cheaters buying new accounts.

    Hackers used to be able to abuse the automated disconnect bans to get streamers banned. There have also been reports of DDOS, doxxing and swatting. It would take roughly 5 seconds after phone number verification is added to the game for every player's phone number to end up on literally all of the scam call center call lists because someone finds a way to abuse the system and extract them.

    🦆🦂

  • had a streamer (not sure if was streaming) that was wiggling out in 6 seconds after freshly being picked up. Yay for the "subtle" ones.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119356#Comment_3119356

    I mean it is an anticheat, but it is also on BHVR as they control the anticheat. Like you said the system should track flying people etc. And auto ban instantly but it doesn't

    The problem with instant ban is it would result in to many false bans. For example if a hacker playing killer and is flying around they can carry a survivor up with them. At that point both killer and survivor would be seen as "flying"

    What would be a rather simple fix is for the most part is simple conditions.

    Is a player moving to faster than perks physically allow them - Instant D/C

    Is a player healing someone or self healing faster than phycially possible - Instant D/C

    Kill plains all around the border of the map and above them map just past an invisible wall - instant D/C

    And so on....

    There are so many things BHVR "Could" do to stop these hackers or better yet probably so many things they could do against the websites that sell the hacked clients (making money of BHVR's product) but they refuse to even address the problem other than the typical "We are looking into it but have no information at this time".

    If they don't do something soon majority of streamers will just stop playing the game which in turn will kill the game because regular players will follow suit.

    everyone is asking for a "better" anti cheat...I'm asking for "An" anti cheat as there clearly isnt one right now lol

  • Is it more common to get cheaters/hackers on PC I play on console and I think I only got a cheater twice ever and that was about a year ago so is it more of a PC thing?

  • @jamally093 said:

    Is it more common to get cheaters/hackers on PC I play on console and I think I only got a cheater twice ever and that was about a year ago so is it more of a PC thing?

    I think its definatly easier for your average kid to get hold of some cheat program but console cheating is still very possible. I only play PC now (unless im on my switch but not for DBD) and I know how easy it is to obtain cheat clients for games because its as simple as download it, run it, abuse it. With console its slightly harder and usually requires a hacked console to even work.

  • I'm lucky enough to not have encountered a hacker yet but what I've seen from content creators is that the situation is pretty dire. Between this, the lack of a proper fix to camping/tunneling, and the insultingly low BP gain per match, they've lost a customer. I'm not buying the Project W chapter unless they address these issues in a meaningful way.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    had a streamer (not sure if was streaming) that was wiggling out in 6 seconds after freshly being picked up. Yay for the "subtle" ones.

    One thing to be careful with those is that that doesn't mean the guy who wiggled out was hacking, it just means someone on the team was. I've had hackers cause me to wiggle off in two seconds when I wasn't even pressing any keys. Hackers that can 100% kobe typically apply it to the whole team with a stacked Up the Ante too.

    But on the topic, yeah, it's silly that BHVR doesn't have any internal checking to make sure players can't warp across the map, Ghostface can't have hunting hatchets, and gens can't be completed/survivors can't be 4ked within 20 seconds of starting the game. Autobanning would be a bad idea for the aforementioned applying cheats to other players, but they could at least flag the match for investigation and allow everyone to DC.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119705#Comment_3119705

    One thing to be careful with those is that that doesn't mean the guy who wiggled out was hacking, it just means someone on the team was. I've had hackers cause me to wiggle off in two seconds when I wasn't even pressing any keys. Hackers that can 100% kobe typically apply it to the whole team with a stacked Up the Ante too.

    But on the topic, yeah, it's silly that BHVR doesn't have any internal checking to make sure players can't warp across the map, Ghostface can't have hunting hatchets, and gens can't be completed/survivors can't be 4ked within 20 seconds of starting the game. Autobanning would be a bad idea for the aforementioned applying cheats to other players, but they could at least flag the match for investigation and allow everyone to DC.

    Fair point on hackers forcing cheats on others, but this was one who would do boiled over and just hide on the 2nd floor, so hard to believe it wasn't them. :p

    Also, you are correct. BHVR can absolutely put in logic checks for anti-cheat. At the very least, if all gens are completed within the first minute of the game, since it's difficult to tell who was cheating, just cancel the match without DC penalty. Technically, a cheater would just be causing matches to cancel all day long of they want, but everyone only has to deal with it once and they move on to real games, while the cheater is literally just wasting time and accomplishing nothing...no MMR increases, no BP, etc...