The new prestige system is demotivating (for me)

I don't know about you, but the new prestige system, which is supposed to reduce the grind, demotivates me.

I don't even know why I feel this way, maybe I am just wrong but it´s just my feelings. I was much more motivated when I just had to get the desired characters to level 40 to unlock their perks for others and then get their perks manually in the bloodweb.

Now that I know that I have to prestige (i.e. level up) every single character 3 times in order to get all the perks on tier 3, I feel completely demotivated. It just feels so much longer and harder to me than before. Before I was relatively lucky and unlocked the perks very quickly in all 3 levels in the blood webs. Now I have a lot of perks for all characters, but they are all yellow, so tier 1. And tier 1 perks are mostly garbage. This means that in order to get real use out of perks, I am forced to prestige every single character 3 times. I don't know what's supposed to be better about it?

Maybe it's better for long-time players who already had everything unlocked before the new system came out but I've only been playing since October 2021 and for me it all just feels very demotivating.

Comments

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116156#Comment_3116156

    This picture only indicates the old prestige system pre-patch. I have opened a ticket and have gotten no response in almost a month now. The fact is saying "I should've known" would be valid of the actual game itself had informed me beforehand and it didn't.. Saying that "word of mouth" is proper information is another moot position to stand on. The system should've been fair and simple for everyone not those who are "In the know".. and everyone's prestige should've simply tripled versus only tripling "certain characters" and you're supposed to know when we don't even tell you in the actual game itself.... Nah my account was 100% gutted and ripped in 1/3rd of what I should've had. what makes it fair to give to only certain players but not the others? what makes me less important? because I didn't click 1 button i wasn't even told that I should click? i've been swindled into playing 5-20,000 more matches to get to where I should be after the conversion into the new system.. I've played maybe 10 this entire month and dc'd from almost all of them because it's 100% demotivating... I was robbed and ripped off and alot of the ppl here don't care because it wasn't them it happened to.. but it did in fact happen and it was 100% BS.

    I am sorry bro, but you are coping. You weren't listening to what I wrote one post earlier, so I will spell it out again, but in simpler terms.

    1) What gave you the idea to prestige your characters? The pictures I showed you were valid up until the very hour of the patch, which was the 20th of July. Up until that point quite literally nothing had changed from all the years prior, ie if you prestiged any character, you would loose all your stuff and gain better loot finding percentages and bloody cosmetics.

    2) No, information shouldn't be hidden behind "hearsay" and "word of mouth", but it wasn't. It was as easily found only as doing ONE google search on the dbd website. So what gave you the confidence that it was ok to prestige your characters with irreplacable items from past events?

    Claiming that your account was 100% gutted and ripped in 1/3rd simply isn't true. You literally GAVE the order to do so, because you failed to research your stuff before acting on hearsay. I repeat that this is very tragic and you have my sympathy, but this change wasn't a thing of a couple of hours before you had to act, you hat several weeks of real time to decide on the best course of action. And for failing to do so, everything is, sadly, on you.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116174#Comment_3116174

    I am sorry bro, but you are coping. You weren't listening to what I wrote one post earlier, so I will spell it out again, but in simpler terms.

    1) What gave you the idea to prestige your characters? The pictures I showed you were valid up until the very hour of the patch, which was the 20th of July. Up until that point quite literally nothing had changed from all the years prior, ie if you prestiged any character, you would loose all your stuff and gain better loot finding percentages and bloody cosmetics.

    2) No, information shouldn't be hidden behind "hearsay" and "word of mouth", but it wasn't. It was as easily found only as doing ONE google search on the dbd website. So what gave you the confidence that it was ok to prestige your characters with irreplacable items from past events?

    Claiming that your account was 100% gutted and ripped in 1/3rd simply isn't true. You literally GAVE the order to do so, because you failed to research your stuff before acting on hearsay. I repeat that this is very tragic and you have my sympathy, but this change wasn't a thing of a couple of hours before you had to act, you hat several weeks of real time to decide on the best course of action. And for failing to do so, everything is, sadly, on you.

    no I didn't Your arguement is 100% invalid. 1 google search? but the actual game itself didn't tell me... that's the point. it doesn't matter if I "missed out" the system as a whole was flawed by not tripling everyone no matter the current lvl or prestige. It was unfair from the get go even IF the announced it in game.. which they did not. saying that I didn't prestige prior makes literally no point in the matter because obviously i didn't because the old system would've made me throw away more of what I had already earned so ofc I wasn't prestiging but how can you say "I gave the order" that's far from the truth the system should've treated everyone fairly from the start. That doesn't make it any less of a rip off.

  • @IWantCandys said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3115725#Comment_3115725

    Yeah, that was the case before ... is it still the case that after prestiging all characters to 1 , that I can get the tier 2 and 3 perks in all the bloodwebs reletively easy without spending serveral millions on a single character to get the other tier stages in their webs?

    Aye. I have a few T1 perks. I usually grab T2 and T3 within the next 4 bloodwebs. Plus you'll never lose their tiers from prestiging moving forward. It's all gewd.

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116194#Comment_3116194

    no I didn't Your arguement is 100% invalid. 1 google search? but the actual game itself didn't tell me... that's the point. it doesn't matter if I "missed out" the system as a whole was flawed by not tripling everyone no matter the current lvl or prestige. It was unfair from the get go even IF the announced it in game.. which they did not. saying that I didn't prestige prior makes literally no point in the matter because obviously i didn't because the old system would've made me throw away more of what I had already earned so ofc I wasn't prestiging but how can you say "I gave the order" that's far from the truth the system should've treated everyone fairly from the start. That doesn't make it any less of a rip off.

    Obviously you are so desperate to his this perceived injustice to you rectivied, that you are incapable of reasoing and understanding the points I am throwing into the ring, but just cherry picking the parts that you need for your narrative.

    In this case any further discussion would be just a waste of energy. Have a nice day, but please, one last time: try to cope.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116174#Comment_3116174

    I am sorry bro, but you are coping. You weren't listening to what I wrote one post earlier, so I will spell it out again, but in simpler terms.

    1) What gave you the idea to prestige your characters? The pictures I showed you were valid up until the very hour of the patch, which was the 20th of July. Up until that point quite literally nothing had changed from all the years prior, ie if you prestiged any character, you would loose all your stuff and gain better loot finding percentages and bloody cosmetics.

    2) No, information shouldn't be hidden behind "hearsay" and "word of mouth", but it wasn't. It was as easily found only as doing ONE google search on the dbd website. So what gave you the confidence that it was ok to prestige your characters with irreplacable items from past events?

    Claiming that your account was 100% gutted and ripped in 1/3rd simply isn't true. You literally GAVE the order to do so, because you failed to research your stuff before acting on hearsay. I repeat that this is very tragic and you have my sympathy, but this change wasn't a thing of a couple of hours before you had to act, you hat several weeks of real time to decide on the best course of action. And for failing to do so, everything is, sadly, on you.

    I lost a whole bunch of items and offerings for survivors because I decided to bring all of them to P1 before the patch, however I'm not carrying on because at the end of the day I now just have to regrind the non teachables perks on the survivors i actually want to olay anf i now have all teachable perks T3 on them all so i can play with whoever i want and try out whatever builds I want. It's super nice, I also just purchased two of the three chapters I was on a break for and now Jonah and Yoichi both have almost every perk on them. The new system is fantastic for getting rid of grind on verteran players for upcoming chapters!

1 2 ›