@Speshul_Kitten said:
Add some diversity to this games survivors!
I don't mind them being added, but right now they're just a blank piece of paper with a header that says LATINO just for the sake of diversity.
Give me some background and cool abilities and i'm interested.
Jake Park is Korean (at least, that's the best assumption based on the lore we have so far). We know he's Asian-American, but beyond that the clue we have to go on is his last name, which is common in Korea according to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_(Korean_surname) (So you know it's true.)
I'm still waiting for the heavier/smaller male survivors too. this game just perpetuates the impossible stereotypes for murder victims!!! xD
I'm not being represented properly in my tiny stature!!
Have ya seen Jeff guys so fat he breaks the hooks by his weight alone
okay, fair enough, but I still want my small stature male... it's not fair... why are there no travel-sized male survivors, I'm stuck playing girls cause they're closer to my size. I feel sOoOoOoOo discriminated against. jkjk xD
Can we get a Latino or even a Hispanic survivor? Add some diversity to this games survivors!
i want to say Jake falls under maybe Hispanic but I couldn’t get any confirmation.
Yes. We. Do! I’ve been wanting a Hispanic Survivor or Killer or Both! I always wondered if the woman with a half skull face on the pictures in Haddenfield and Badham was a possible killer for the future.
We need a handsome latino, and a white blonde athletic guy in the game.
This is more important than dedicated servers at least for me.
It's about representation, not sex appeal. Anyways, there's already a shirtless white guy.
@Peanits said:
Jake Park is Korean (at least, that's the best assumption based on the lore we have so far). We know he's Asian-American, but beyond that the clue we have to go on is his last name, which is common in Korea according to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_(Korean_surname) (So you know it's true.)
I love when little bits like that make it into the game, like how the huntress hums a Russian lullaby.
There's a couple of asian, black and white people to choose from. But nobody of Hispanic or Latino decent, even though they live in almost every country.
It would be pretty cool to get a Chupacabra in the game, a monster that gets stronger as it hurts or kills survivors.
I know I brought this topic up several months ago, it's nice to see I'm not the only person that thinks it's weird this one demographic got overlooked for so long.
If I was to ask for representation the character would end up:
- Gay - Anti-social based perks - Wears suits - Is a small skinny white boy
Representation in games is really easy to pull off, given they model characters themselves. Though does their ethnicity have to be shown explicitly? Because if the character falls into stereotypes then the game could be labelled racist. Like if they dressed both Claudette and Adam into thug-like attire or gave them perks only sorted around stealing, things being what black people are stereotyped as today. Or maybe one of the Asian characters being characterised as only being intelligent. Hell, I think Feng Min is a great example of representation given that she is an Asian female gamer, a massive taboo that has been sparked up in debates as of late with fake girl streamers and such. But Feng Min being a gamer, and Asian, are just things about her. She is depicted in a way that suggests she could easily exist in real life. If you wish to represent a minority that is the best way to do it: make a character just so happen to be a thing and not have that character be a thing character.
Like with Soldier 76. He isn’t a gay character. He is just a character that just so happens to be gay. In real life gay people don’t define themselves as just being gay: this rule should extend to all other minorities. Just because they have different skin or orientations doesn’t make them solely those differences.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Who.
Cares.
Let's get Cheech and Chong as DLC characters.
Only, if he is handsome
Yeah I am waiting for a Latino survivor as well. I want a blonde male survivor too 🧔🏼😎
Thanks god somebody understands.
We need a handsome latino, and a white blonde athletic guy in the game.
This is more important than dedicated servers at least for me.
this game just perpetuates the impossible stereotypes for murder victims!!! xD
I'm not being represented properly in my tiny stature!!
I love your thinking
Like... if there is watermelon, is there an earth melon, wind melon, and fire melon? The elemelons.
And losing the TV remote in the refrigerator.
I don't mind them being added, but right now they're just a blank piece of paper with a header that says LATINO just for the sake of diversity.
Give me some background and cool abilities and i'm interested.
Just add La llorona or el charro ######### as DLC why even bother with a survivor?
Jake Park is Korean (at least, that's the best assumption based on the lore we have so far). We know he's Asian-American, but beyond that the clue we have to go on is his last name, which is common in Korea according to Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_(Korean_surname) (So you know it's true.)
I'm not against it by any means though. Hopefully one day there will be one along with a matching folklore killer, like Coco: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_(folklore)
I love when little bits like that make it into the game, like how the huntress hums a Russian lullaby.
How about a Norwegian one? Maybe someone with VERY light skin tone? Ann albino maybe?
No more darker skin tones please. IDC if the game gets branded as racist...the lighter the skin tone, the better.
That's okay. We still have our flag.
xD
Equip man bun cosmetic on Jake and boom ... What you lookin at esse?
At first, I thought the Nurse was La Llorona because of her screech.
Also, I’m sure Jake is Asian.
As long as there are no more Legions I'm fine with any kind of survivor.
I was just talking about that on stream. it's weird th> @Delfador said:
It's about representation, not sex appeal. Anyways, there's already a shirtless white guy.
There's a couple of asian, black and white people to choose from. But nobody of Hispanic or Latino decent, even though they live in almost every country.
It would be pretty cool to get a Chupacabra in the game, a monster that gets stronger as it hurts or kills survivors.
I know I brought this topic up several months ago, it's nice to see I'm not the only person that thinks it's weird this one demographic got overlooked for so long.
Ace is from Argentina.
Problem solved.
Yes /solved /closed
- Gay
- Anti-social based perks
- Wears suits
- Is a small skinny white boy
Representation in games is really easy to pull off, given they model characters themselves. Though does their ethnicity have to be shown explicitly? Because if the character falls into stereotypes then the game could be labelled racist. Like if they dressed both Claudette and Adam into thug-like attire or gave them perks only sorted around stealing, things being what black people are stereotyped as today. Or maybe one of the Asian characters being characterised as only being intelligent. Hell, I think Feng Min is a great example of representation given that she is an Asian female gamer, a massive taboo that has been sparked up in debates as of late with fake girl streamers and such. But Feng Min being a gamer, and Asian, are just things about her. She is depicted in a way that suggests she could easily exist in real life. If you wish to represent a minority that is the best way to do it: make a character just so happen to be a thing and not have that character be a thing character.
Like with Soldier 76. He isn’t a gay character. He is just a character that just so happens to be gay. In real life gay people don’t define themselves as just being gay: this rule should extend to all other minorities. Just because they have different skin or orientations doesn’t make them solely those differences.