Question concerning Match Making

I am not sure if my mmr has simply gotten higher (I was at home sick with covid for about six days and did nothing but sleep and play dbd.)

This morning I am geting nothing but EXTREMELY good survivors. The type that I don't feel I am skilled enough to play against. I had a nea make me whiff somewhere around 8 or 9 times in one chase earlier. I have gotten 2-4k every match against these sweats but prior to this morning I was getting a 4k 99% of the time

Is this a sign I'm moving up into a sweatier mmr or just that no one else but the sweats are playing right now?

Is there ANY way to figure out mmr?

Note: I'm not angry at the sweats. But I don't much enjoy playing against legacy skin chain blinding swf comm tourney players every single game when my own skill level isn't to that degree. They deserve to show off their skills clearly they earned them from long practice, but what rookie wants to get dunked by Jordan?


edit: So five games in a row of extremely talented survivors breaking my ankles, 2-4 kills each, I suddenly got a team of baby survivors newbies that got 4ked at zero gens done. I don't get it lol. This game I didn't have to camp or tunnel but I did against the sweat squads.

I really wish I understood the mmr system better or that there was some kind of reason to the matchups.

Comments

  • @Wewantjason said:

    I am not sure if my mmr has simply gotten higher (I was at home sick with covid for about six days and did nothing but sleep and play dbd.)

    This morning I am geting nothing but EXTREMELY good survivors. The type that I don't feel I am skilled enough to play against. I had a nea make me whiff somewhere around 8 or 9 times in one chase earlier. I have gotten 2-4k every match against these sweats but prior to this morning I was getting a 4k 99% of the time

    Is this a sign I'm moving up into a sweatier mmr or just that no one else but the sweats are playing right now?

    Is there ANY way to figure out mmr?

    Note: I'm not angry at the sweats. But I don't much enjoy playing against legacy skin chain blinding swf comm tourney players every single game when my own skill level isn't to that degree. They deserve to show off their skills clearly they earned them from long practice, but what rookie wants to get dunked by Jordan?

    edit: So five games in a row of extremely talented survivors breaking my ankles, 2-4 kills each, I suddenly got a team of baby survivors newbies that got 4ked at zero gens done. I don't get it lol. This game I didn't have to camp or tunnel but I did against the sweat squads.

    I really wish I understood the mmr system better or that there was some kind of reason to the matchups.

    MMR kind of gets thrown out the window when there are long queue times on one side or the other it favors making a match over proper match making

  • It's really hard to say when there's no transparency about matchups. Makes for a frustrating system. It could be that your MMR rose. It could also be that your MMR is the same but you're being matched accordingly today. It could just be noise and games will return to normal. It's really impossible to say.

  • Or, it could be that matchmaking in this game is a potato, always has been, and likely always will be.

  • I have the impression MMR overcompensates a lot. Like there is a delay or something. -For survivor I kept track of some soloQ matches and I noticed that after getting a lot of "7 deaths per escape" I suddenly got almost ten escapes in a row (one death in between matches iirc) --- followed by sweat-build spirits and nurses (not a blight iirc) that 4k after three minutes at zero gens done. - And then I get an Executioner with one yellow perk. --- And for killer I have noticed something similar. If I have a number of 4k in a row I suddenly get the most sweaty survivors --- then I get demolished for three or four games and suddenly get baby survivors. It very rarely lands in the middle for me. (Which is why, once I do find a comfortable spot as killer I try to stay there by giving hatch and allowing a 2E if the last two did decently and have only a gen left to do)

  • Could be any of the things mentioned above. However, if youre worried about gertin pushed up into the sweats, dont 4k 99% of the time if youre not ready for it. Strings of 4k will definitely push you higher in the brackets faster than your skill level goes up. (Thats not a dig on you, it happens to all of us at some point)

  • My last match had severalneas intentionally letting themselves down at lockers to do headon/blastmine plays. To the point I KNEW what they were doing and literally couldn't stop it until they made mistakes. Very frustrating to play against survivors who aren't trying to do gens or win but just want to irritate the killer *and also have the skills to back it up*. I gave the michaela an escape after killing the two neas. They had a player dc at the start of the match when I found him first, I cannot believe two sweaty swf probably top percent players would rather bully the killer than do gens. I downed the michaela before letting her go, had I not felt bad her team threw by refusing to do gens she would have died to most killer players being tilted that game. Such stupid match making. Also kind of ranting about the neas wanting to bully instead of do gens