Can this not happen, thanks?
Load into a match, immediately notice there's lag, immediately check what everyone's running at, and lo and behold 200+ ping. Now, this is obviously bad, but I'm unsure of what the cause is. It would be nice to be able to dc from matches like these, penalty-free.

Comments
Yes, it's a bug with servers. It sends you to the wrong area.
I have a recording somewhere. I was playing Billy and the survivors and I all had pings in the 290s. And we were all EU. We were probably sent to the Australian server. They thought I was VPN'ing until I told them to check their ping in the tab.
Oof. 😬
Does it show this awful of ping in the lobby? Or is it only once you get into the map?
I usually just lobby dodge as survivor or killer if I see ping higher than around 60.
Sounds like a typical survivor. Blames everything on the killer and can't even open their own menu. I believe this story unconditionally.
I thought they were laggy as well because they teleported a little on my pov. Then, when they said they were EU and saw their ping, I went back and checked mine from the lobby footage and realized I had a full red bar.
Pretty sure this has more to do with people using VPNs to play on another server than a bug with the game. You can also see ping in lobbies, I check every time and don't play over 70 ping.
Was it still like that after a couple of seconds?
Good to know it's a bug with the servers. Hopefully they get that fixed soonish.
Stayed like that the entire round. I usually sit at around 54ms, and have other players hovering around the same.
I suspected VPN, although I'm not sure why any killer would want to play against Australian survivors.
Aww no, that's very unfortunate then. Hope it gets fixed asap if it's a bug!
From what I have been told by some killers who use VPNs, they do it because if they don't they just sit in que forever.
it's the killers lobby and they have garbage internet soo all the survivors got crap ping obvs