Disconnects are becoming more and more frequent for me

I'd hope that mine was an isolated incident, but at least for myself, since the patch dropped I've had a significant increase in my solo and duo queue matches where a survivor will either DC at first down or kill themselves on hook immediately. In ten games played last night 7 of them had those situations. A few of those matches may have been winnable with how well we managed with only 3 people 


I understand that there is a lot of frustration with the recent patch and I've run into a much larger amount of tunneling and camping killers as well, but when you leave a match early in a team based game, harming your other teammates chances, then there should be consequences. I'd really like to see the devs do something to deal with the current environment


Some of the suggestions I've heard or thought of are things like a DC jail system, if you habitually disconnect then you'll only be placed with other players who do as well for either a set amount of time or until you hit a specific ratio 


Another one that I liked was giving an automatic safety pip for certain situations, such as being one hooked, or from someone not grouped up with you disconnecting, or just removing the penalty for the others after the initial DC


Trying to avoid just going down just increasing the matchmaking ban route if for no other reason than to see what new systems could be implemented, but I'd love to hear what some of your thoughts are on the subject. Are you experiencing the same? Do you have some ideas to help stop or at least help the disconnect problem? Let's see what we can come up with

Comments

  • They could perhaps do what Overwatch does and put them in a "penalty state" where you get 75% less bloodpoints until they finish x amount of games to completion. It does not work there, as exp gives you nothing except for humiliation in that game. But in DBD? People might stop doing it as frequently.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    They could perhaps do what Overwatch does and put them in a "penalty state" where you get 75% less bloodpoints until they finish x amount of games to completion. It does not work there, as exp gives you nothing except for humiliation in that game. But in DBD? People might stop doing it as frequently.

    Good idea. Maybe I would make it like stacking penalty.

    1 DC = nothing

    2 DC = -25% less BP for the next 2 matches

    3 DC = -50% less BP for the next 4 matches

    4 DC = -75% less BP for the next 5 matches

    etc.

  • While I understand why dc suck as survivor, there are cheaters who ddos the killer so they get a dc penalty. Not sure about you but I don't like having a penalty for not dcing.