I can't tell if this is a bug or an oversight
I was playing against the Doctor and was in tier 3. Doc was tunneling so I got hit while Off the Record was active.
When I went to mend, instead of mending, snapping out of tier 3 was prioritized. So as I was "snapping out of it," my deep wound state timer was descending. I didn't get to finish snapping out of it anyway because the Doc came back and I re-entered chase, but I wouldn't have had enough time to snap out of it before my deep wound timer would've expired. So basically, I had to either find someone else to heal me while in tier 3, or I simply had to run the entire game and not do anything to avoid the timer running out.
Comments
Pretty sure this interaction is intended.
Been in the game for many years at this point.
I've been playing for years, but I've never had to mend and snap out of tier 3 at the same time.
It's intended. When they made the deep wound duration shorter they intentionally made it long enough that you could still snap out of it and self mend.
It's been around for at least as long as the Doctor Rework.
It was a thing before the rework, but there wasn't many ways to apply deep wound back then. It was just Borrow Time. So it was a lot harder to have someone in T3 and deep wounded than it is now.
I wouldn't have had enough time. When I finally got a chance to try to fully mend, I only had a sliver of time left on the deep wound state and was still snapping out of it.
Snapping out of it is 12 seconds.
Deep Wound duration is 20 seconds.
You have roughly 6 seconds since you have to stop to snap out of it and can't immediately start mending upon finishing snapping out of it to mend. If you let the deep wound timer get too low before starting to snap out of it, that is your fault. In those situations you'll have to get a teammate to mend for you.
I believe you, Pulsar.
And I agree, Crowman. I've never been in that situation until now.
It's a niche interaction, but it is intended.
I think saying "that's your fault" is a little unwarranted.
Remember, the Killer was tunneling me, so I was in and out of chase. I did the best I could, given the situation, and I was not even aware that Tier 3 would be the default.
Survivors currently have full control over the deep wound timer going down.
Run to a teammate and get them to mend you? It's a non-issue.
You weren't there. You don't know the situation. You also assume I didn't realize a teammate was my only option in that moment. It simply wasn't possible because of the specifics of the situation. I shouldn't have to explain all that for you to not jump to making a snarky comment.
The purpose of the post was to ask a question about the game. It got answered. That's all that needed to happen here.
I'm glad you learnt how to better your gameplay, gg.
Feel better.