Solo queue this afternoon, still OK.
Executioner, a cheating parasite took the place of one of the survivors
Demo, obviously one with some personal issues (kept hitting the last hook, and managed to miss some), camped like a champ, two hook-suicides, 4k
Spirit, average, good team, 2k
Birdie, proxy-camp, the team wasn't too good, 3k
Dredge, pretty weak, good team, 0k
Legion, but two worms had found their way in the match and promptly killed themselves at 5 gens. 4k (The killer sang their praises for giving him such an easy time)
Dredge, at least two drooling idiots in the team (healing? nah, let's just lock every single locker and do gens ...) take a guess how it went.
Executioner, average killer and team, but Ruin and Pentimento did a lot of damage. 3k
Four bad games (the cheater doesn't count), three good. Two killers only played in a very annoying way.
It's still about 50% good matches.
I'm guessing I'm lucky?
Comments
What MMR is that? No blights or nurses? Odd.
High enough to get a cheater, low enough to get rage-quitters. The teams are varying between good "~13" prestige and no prestige.
I would have loved to get a few Nurses though, these are usually the most interesting matches.
I saw one yesterday for the first time in weeks and squealed in discord.
She pummeled us into the ground, but I got a few chases and actually got to try some stuff and I need more ๐
Feels similar to my experiences. The disconnects have died down and more survivors are trying now, which make the games far more enjoyable. I did get one dc today and 1 afk, but only one afk the survivor session before. Killers were fine to face. A couple of really tough games, one of which I escaped and another I died.
Basically, enjoying the new patch, but feel when survivors are rescued they could get a Sprint Burst for 3 seconds. It's still easy to tunnel and that may dissuade it a b8t better.
Bro, don't you know they nerfed Hex: Ruin into the ground and it isn't viable at all anymore? /s
I mean it did kinda get nerfed to the ground, but rightfully so. Just wish they wouldve reworked it instead of making it absolute garbage.
Not sure if I calculated it correctly, but if I did, the killrate over those 7 matches is about 71%, that does not sound that great considering that the Devs are aiming for a 50% killrate.
Edit: I'm not saying that your experience proves that the game is unbalanced, I just meant that for me personally it would not feel satisfactory and I would not be motivated to play if only half of my matches are good.
I guess my games are about 50/50, maybe 40/60 (good to bad).
Unfortunately I think I've hit burnout again and I'm not having fun even if I win.
A goal of roughly 50% across all matches and all killers does not equal 7 matches of one person in one afternoon... Think about that for a second.
Well obviously.
I just meant that I would have not percieved the outcome of this afternoon of matches as satisfactory, because overall the survs lost a lot (I don't know how often drsoontm died or if they even care about team outcome or only about their own success, so "lost" is also subjective in this context).
I guess I could have worded that better, english is not my first language though, so sometimes I struggle with my wording, especially when I just want to write something quickly.
Btw, about the perception of balance, there was a time when all the killrates were higher than 50% (with only nurse being an exception) and there were still many killers that complained because of that discrepancy between what the statistics say and what the player experience feels like.
You know, if you lose simply because of bad team or hook suicide, it's well expected and not a problem.
Look at the context instead of only seeing numbers.
It's expected and still a problem.
Yeah, a problem definitely will not be fixed through balance changes.
So at least you now admit it's a problem. That's a good first step.
Realistically matchmaking problem will not be fixed no matter how people try hard though.
As I said, balance is not my point.
It doesn't matter if I lose the game because of teammates doing dumb #########, it is still frustrating for me, maybe even more than other reasons.
Btw, looking at context not just numbers is exactly what I meant with my last paragraph.
uh probably playing with randos isn't your thing then, the problem is that.
I 100% believe this data over all these people that claim "OMFG I JUST PLAYED TEN GAMES AND GOT CAMPED AND TUNNELLED OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE!"