The update just didn't do much for me
The update wasn't really all that special feeling when I played it. Just feels like... DBD. I was bored immediately. I also just bought The Walking Dead Definitive Collection and honestly I'm having much more fun on a point and click adventure than Dead by Daylight. This game just needs something big. New chapters and changes to what already exists is just not cutting it anymore and it's clear that's the case. I think it is really just time for a new mode or something. Literally any new mode. Hide and seek or prop hunt or multiple killers or anything. Let's just get a new mode already. Something F R E S H.
Comments
Dh is gone and killers got substantial buffs at the same time + good amount of perk changes.
Some would say these changes are too much at once, i disagree as well.
Sounds like you are just burned out. Try out some new games and hopefully in a month or 2 game is fun for you again.
I thought there was gonna be a meta shake up?
Slowdown perks are still mandatory, they just changed which ones people use, meh.
They really are not. Except against really good swfs. And why would you plan against really good swfs, they are a 1 in 10 at most thing.
I wanted them to nerf slowdown perks into the ground, but they're too scared to do it. Some got nerfed but others were buffed, how is that a meta shake up?
Boring.
They are 100% mandatory. Disable them all for a month and you'll see how bad it is.
My dude im memeing around with a make your choice, insidious nurse build. A bit to lower my mmr a bit because i dont wanna play seriously and the 3 games i tried with that build have been 4k/4k/3k
I'm running Make Your Choice/Insidious/Floods/Lethal .
None of them were throwing either. Granted its probably harder on m1 killers but why play m1 killers in dbd.
Nurse.
Is a trolling nurse with 0 slowdowns really better than whatever you are playing?
Why are you tormenting yourself with whatever you are playing then?
Of course Telltales TWD is amazing games it was always rated above DBD like many many other games out there. DBD is more unique though and I would say it's better now after the update, but still the same game of course.
I've always played multiple games. Like I said I've been replaying The Walking Dead games. I always play other games. Getting stuck in one game is not for me. Sticking with a game though is something I do a lot. I just do that with multiple games including DBD. But I do want to find it more fun. I can't really force myself to do it sadly.
You showed me a very varied perk rooster friend. Yes i see the usage of prove thyself its usage is around 25-30% by my guesstimate. I'm not surprised, its a good perk.
Would you like to equip discordance so you counter it? Perhaps eruption so multiple survivors are incapacitated with a single kick?
Or would you, as we keep saying survivors, rather not adapt to the new meta and just complain instead?
Slowdown perks aren't mandatory.
On the aggregate site I'm following Prove Thyself jumped from around 11% usage pre-patch to a really popular 20% or so post-patch. It's right up there with Lithe and Sprint Burst, I'm not sure which of them is the most popular. (I can only view two-week chunks of stats so I can't easily distinguish this week's stats from last weeks.) Windows of Opportunity is also doing very well.
Besides Insidious, that's literally a meta Nurse build, Nurse being the best killer.
The whole build is hooking somebody, hiding somewhere far with insidious and trying to give the unhooker a heart attack because as soon as they unhook they scream and start hearing the terror radius + blink audio que.
Its not meant as a serious way to play the game
Probably not using any add ons either, nothing to see here.
Three games aren't indicative of overall perk usage, though. From my experience, four DHs in one game is unheard of because people just don't run it like they used to. At the end of the day, survivors will always bring exhaustion perks because it gives them a greater chance of escaping chase and buys them more time. Just because there's been a 'meta' change, it doesn't mean anything; both sides (survivor and killer) are developing a new meta, so it's only logical that we'll start to see the same perks in games once again. I mean, most killers I seem to be going against are bringing Overcharge/Jolt, and some of the 'same old' killer meta perks are still very present in the game (Corrupt, BBQ, etc.).
Also, Prove Thyself is becoming survivor meta because it seems 75% of killers atm are running gen slowwdown/prevention builds. As I said: Jolt, Overcharge, Thana, Pop, DMS, etc. are all so present in games at the moment, at least let survivors have one perk that semi-counters all these gen slow down perks.