Tired of the gap

I am good enough to not go against extremely low MMR people , but am no where near good enough to handle a really good team on let's say Haddonfield , or Mt Ormond where a 3 gen just isn't possible, and they've come to slam tf out of gens . I really wish something could change cause it's so weird to not know at all what you're getting into each match . Am I going against a gen slam team that comes with no items but the best gen perks ? Am I going against bots ? Cheaters ? World class can loop literally any killer type teams ? Bro I'm average at best and have no friends to practice with . I am way too upset about this lmao

Comments

  • That my friend is called MMR, which stands for: Massive Mistake Ratings.

  • All the mid-rank survivors (and a decent chunk of newer survivors) appear to have quit, because I'm getting nothing but Prestige 10+ veterans.

    My kill rate is hovering a little bit above 0, with no sign that MMR is doing anything to improve the situation.

    And then the forum is filled with "SURVIVOR IS IMPOSSIBLE" posts, making things extra hilarious.

  • @Adjatha said:

    All the mid-rank survivors (and a decent chunk of newer survivors) appear to have quit, because I'm getting nothing but Prestige 10+ veterans.

    My kill rate is hovering a little bit above 0, with no sign that MMR is doing anything to improve the situation.

    And then the forum is filled with "SURVIVOR IS IMPOSSIBLE" posts, making things extra hilarious.

    Bro SAME I'm a humble 2 prestige and I'm going against mfs with atleast 10, now closer to 15. Been getting absolutely destroyed as killer . These dudes know exactly which perks to use , have them all unlocked, and know the absolute best tactics for every map and what to do against every single killer . I barely know like 3-4 of the maps layouts . I 3 gen , but last like 5 matches they send me to other side of the new McMillan estate map with literally 1 gen on my side and I play Hag lmao

  • @Adjatha said:

    All the mid-rank survivors (and a decent chunk of newer survivors) appear to have quit, because I'm getting nothing but Prestige 10+ veterans.

    My kill rate is hovering a little bit above 0, with no sign that MMR is doing anything to improve the situation.

    And then the forum is filled with "SURVIVOR IS IMPOSSIBLE" posts, making things extra hilarious.

    Oddly enough that happened with Call of duty Warzone when they changed the main map completely . All the good mid level players left and only sweats remained for anyone that wasn't brand new

  • @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096944#Comment_3096944

    Bro SAME I'm a humble 2 prestige and I'm going against mfs with atleast 10, now closer to 15. Been getting absolutely destroyed as killer . These dudes know exactly which perks to use , have them all unlocked, and know the absolute best tactics for every map and what to do against every single killer . I barely know like 3-4 of the maps layouts . I 3 gen , but last like 5 matches they send me to other side of the new McMillan estate map with literally 1 gen on my side and I play Hag lmao

    Yeah, don't worry. Survivors are (supposedly) intentionally throwing matches or DC'ing to try to get killers nerfed, so we'll get that 0-1 kill rate down to a solid 0 in no time.

    I know I haven't seen any amid the non-stop parade of matching cosmetics SWF groups walking all over me, but you know. In theory.

  • @Adjatha said:

    All the mid-rank survivors (and a decent chunk of newer survivors) appear to have quit, because I'm getting nothing but Prestige 10+ veterans.

    My kill rate is hovering a little bit above 0, with no sign that MMR is doing anything to improve the situation.

    And then the forum is filled with "SURVIVOR IS IMPOSSIBLE" posts, making things extra hilarious.

    I don't think prestige means much, really. At least not enough to be predictive. The other night I went against a team of all 11+ (I remember because it seemed noteworthy), and I absolutely rinsed them. No OP killer (Sadako), loadout or dirty tactics, they just weren't very good.

    Like grade, presitge is only a measure of time spent playing, and while that is often a corollary of skill, it can also mean nothing at all.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096944#Comment_3096944

    I don't think prestige means much, really. At least not enough to be predictive. The other night I went against a team of all 11+ (I remember because it seemed noteworthy), and I absolutely rinsed them. No OP killer (Sadako), loadout or dirty tactics, they just weren't very good.

    Like grade, presitge is only a measure of time spent playing, and while that is often a corollary of skill, it can also mean nothing at all.

    I agree. However due to my personal experience of getting a fat turd placed onto my chest by 4man SWFs at high prestige it's made me very cautious lol

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096944#Comment_3096944

    I don't think prestige means much, really. At least not enough to be predictive. The other night I went against a team of all 11+ (I remember because it seemed noteworthy), and I absolutely rinsed them. No OP killer (Sadako), loadout or dirty tactics, they just weren't very good.

    Like grade, presitge is only a measure of time spent playing, and while that is often a corollary of skill, it can also mean nothing at all.

    Rank 10 means they've played enough to spend around 15 million BP on their "main" survivor (not even including the BP they spent on other survivors to get their teachables unlocked).

    Even if you're getting maximum bloodpoints each match, that means around 400-500 matches.

    They might not be winning any tournaments, but that much play means they've got a pretty decent handle on what it means to do what's gotta be done. "Time Played" does not cause "Higher Skill," but there is a direct correlation.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096960#Comment_3096960

    Rank 10 means they've played enough to spend around 15 million BP on their "main" survivor (not even including the BP they spent on other survivors to get their teachables unlocked).

    Even if you're getting maximum bloodpoints each match, that means around 400-500 matches.

    They might not be winning any tournaments, but that much play means they've got a pretty decent handle on what it means to do what's gotta be done. "Time Played" does not cause "Higher Skill," but there is a direct correlation.

    I get that, and usually you'll see that time translate into skill.

    But there are a fair number of people who play really casually, or spread that playtime out over years and/or on one character, and are just kind of mediocre.

    The same can be said of grade, if you spend the time to get to iri 1 every month you'd think that time get converted to skill at some point, but not always. Many players just kind of play at a meh level but at enough volume to accrue lots of grade/bp.

    Now I think these are in the minority, but I just don't care for the practice or automatically tying prestige/grade/whatever to skill and trying make judgements based on that.

    Frankly I'd prefer it if they showed us nothing of the sort pre or post game, and just let us evaluate the game play in its own merit. Because you give people anything to categorize others on (often as a basis to assign blame, etc.) they'll do it. Humans love doing that isht.

  • @JakeCannon said:

    I am good enough to not go against extremely low MMR people , but am no where near good enough to handle a really good team on let's say Haddonfield , or Mt Ormond where a 3 gen just isn't possible, and they've come to slam tf out of gens . I really wish something could change cause it's so weird to not know at all what you're getting into each match . Am I going against a gen slam team that comes with no items but the best gen perks ? Am I going against bots ? Cheaters ? World class can loop literally any killer type teams ? Bro I'm average at best and have no friends to practice with . I am way too upset about this lmao

    @GannTM said:

    That my friend is called MMR, which stands for: Massive Mistake Ratings.

    Eh.

    It's much, much better than ranks were, with their silly monthly reset leading to a full week of utter anarchy.

    Right now, queue times are borked due to the massive meta shakeup and silly removal of the incentives. Give it a week or two after they are reenabled, and things should stabilize.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337657/tired-of-the-gap

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3096933#Comment_3096933

    Eh.

    It's much, much better than ranks were, with their silly monthly reset leading to a full week of utter anarchy.

    Right now, queue times are borked due to the massive meta shakeup and silly removal of the incentives. Give it a week or two after they are reenabled, and things should stabilize.

    I don't know what people are talking about with queue times. I haven't waited more than 3 minutes for a game.

    Is that more than the 0.5 second killer queue before the patch? Yup. But it's hardly some grand, terrible, apocalyptic situation. That's a pretty normal queue for any multiplayer game. Better than most, even.