Doing the gens may be a way to punish him? (aka "pressure")
Doesn't solve the problem.
---
I played against a Blight earlier today running Compound Twenty-One and Adrenaline Vial with Deadlock, Dead Man's Switch, Pain Resonance & BBQ.
I was first chase, and it lasted a minute and a half.
I was tunneled off of first hook.
OTR helped me loop the killer for an additional 45 seconds.
DS bought me 3 seconds.
Dead Hard bought me another 30 seconds.
I was tunneled off of second hook.
I didn't have DS anymore and DH doesn't work in Deep Wound.
I died 5 minutes into the game.
3 Gens were done.
My team did gens the entire time I was in chase (they were very efficient).
I had every second-chance perk a survivor could ask for, and in my experience... Blight and I would have been considered evenly matched. We both made some good plays, we both made some mistakes, I'm pretty sure my chases are about the length BHVR would expect for an even match-up.
Aside from the fact that I'm tired of this boring gameplay loop game in and game out, it is clearly not balanced. This always ends in a 3/4k, because the killer can be carried by passive gen-regression/stalling perks, and the massive defecit survivors face with a 3v1. The "just do gens" argument is anecdotal at best, and should not be used as a counter-argument towards trying to make DBD more fun and engaging for all envolved.
P.S. If you want video evidence, you can watch back the trial from the killer's POV here:
It was the first match of his stream, and it starts 21min into the broadcast. No hard feelings towards this gentleman in particular--my beef is with camping/tunneling in general.
I played against a Blight earlier today running Compound Twenty-One and Adrenaline Vial with Deadlock, Dead Man's Switch, Pain Resonance & BBQ.
I was first chase, and it lasted a minute and a half.
I was tunneled off of first hook.
OTR helped me loop the killer for an additional 45 seconds.
DS bought me 3 seconds.
Dead Hard bought me another 30 seconds.
I was tunneled off of second hook.
I didn't have DS anymore and DH doesn't work in Deep Wound.
I died 5 minutes into the game.
3 Gens were done.
My team did gens the entire time I was in chase (they were very efficient).
I had every second-chance perk a survivor could ask for, and in my experience... Blight and I would have been considered evenly matched. We both made some good plays, we both made some mistakes, I'm pretty sure my chases are about the length BHVR would expect for an even match-up.
Aside from the fact that I'm tired of this boring gameplay loop game in and game out, it is clearly not balanced. This always ends in a 3/4k, because the killer can be carried by passive gen-regression/stalling perks, and the massive defecit survivors face with a 3v1. The "just do gens" argument is anecdotal at best, and should not be used as a counter-argument towards trying to make DBD more fun and engaging for all envolved.
P.S. If you want video evidence, you can watch back the trial from the killer's POV here:
It was the first match of his stream, and it starts 21min into the broadcast. No hard feelings towards this gentleman in particular--my beef is with camping/tunneling in general.
I've got time to watch the video. The timestamp is about 21:30
I'm writing the comments along with my thoughts.
21:45 start of the first chase, a missed stealth opportunity there, unless attracting the killer was intentional.
22:58 first gen, so about 88 seconds from the start of the game (2 survivors maybe? I didn't check the lobby)
Long first chase (~90s). The survivor seems a bit too experienced for that killer. The endurance hit is puzzling (frame-perfect dead hard?)
The Flashlight save attempt make me think the Claudette has very little experience.
The Yui saving right next to the killer : huge mistake. I would be pissed at her if I was that Haddie.
(The click at 23:55 : I'd take that as a challenge request, what do you mean by it?)
23:58 second gen, no one healed, it's bound to hurt.
The second chase was long too, especially given the starting disadvantage.
Nice DS.
(The killer comments make me think he isn't very experienced, no value judgment here, just a way to get an idea of the general level of the match)
Again an early save, this time by the Claudette. It may even been in the killer's radius. It's really asking for trouble.
Nice moves from the Haddie, nice blind too : well played.
26:08 "game over", no gen has popped for the last two minutes. It should have been enough to do 3 in parallel, two with some disturbance, one certainly.
This game should be (almost) over already IMHO. The killer was busy on the Haddie for the first five minutes.
I didn't watch the rest.
I'm guessing you were the Haddie.
In my opinion, the two early saves were the biggest problem. If these two had been a bit more patient the killer would have been further away, maybe busy in a chase, and you could have been healed. The killer wasn't particularly nasty, he was just trying to chase the "easy" down. (Which is another hint he isn't too experienced : it's obvious to me the Claudette and Yui would go down way faster than you.)
The others weren't too efficient either.
I think that four of you would have won that one easily, alas you were grouped with at least two inexperienced players.
edit: Jane -> Haddie. I though the survivor has the same ... advantageous bottom than Jane ^_^;;;
I played against a Blight earlier today running Compound Twenty-One and Adrenaline Vial with Deadlock, Dead Man's Switch, Pain Resonance & BBQ.
I was first chase, and it lasted a minute and a half.
I was tunneled off of first hook.
OTR helped me loop the killer for an additional 45 seconds.
DS bought me 3 seconds.
Dead Hard bought me another 30 seconds.
I was tunneled off of second hook.
I didn't have DS anymore and DH doesn't work in Deep Wound.
I died 5 minutes into the game.
3 Gens were done.
My team did gens the entire time I was in chase (they were very efficient).
I had every second-chance perk a survivor could ask for, and in my experience... Blight and I would have been considered evenly matched. We both made some good plays, we both made some mistakes, I'm pretty sure my chases are about the length BHVR would expect for an even match-up.
Aside from the fact that I'm tired of this boring gameplay loop game in and game out, it is clearly not balanced. This always ends in a 3/4k, because the killer can be carried by passive gen-regression/stalling perks, and the massive defecit survivors face with a 3v1. The "just do gens" argument is anecdotal at best, and should not be used as a counter-argument towards trying to make DBD more fun and engaging for all envolved.
P.S. If you want video evidence, you can watch back the trial from the killer's POV here:
It was the first match of his stream, and it starts 21min into the broadcast. No hard feelings towards this gentleman in particular--my beef is with camping/tunneling in general.
You played very well, those dead hards were on point.
Yeah, more does have to be done about tunnelling. I think it'll take more than good second chance perks or basekit defences, somehow spreading the pain has to be made the most effective path to winning, or the whole hook system needs to be reworked altogether.
I played against a Blight earlier today running Compound Twenty-One and Adrenaline Vial with Deadlock, Dead Man's Switch, Pain Resonance & BBQ.
I was first chase, and it lasted a minute and a half.
I was tunneled off of first hook.
OTR helped me loop the killer for an additional 45 seconds.
DS bought me 3 seconds.
Dead Hard bought me another 30 seconds.
I was tunneled off of second hook.
I didn't have DS anymore and DH doesn't work in Deep Wound.
I died 5 minutes into the game.
3 Gens were done.
My team did gens the entire time I was in chase (they were very efficient).
I had every second-chance perk a survivor could ask for, and in my experience... Blight and I would have been considered evenly matched. We both made some good plays, we both made some mistakes, I'm pretty sure my chases are about the length BHVR would expect for an even match-up.
Aside from the fact that I'm tired of this boring gameplay loop game in and game out, it is clearly not balanced. This always ends in a 3/4k, because the killer can be carried by passive gen-regression/stalling perks, and the massive defecit survivors face with a 3v1. The "just do gens" argument is anecdotal at best, and should not be used as a counter-argument towards trying to make DBD more fun and engaging for all envolved.
P.S. If you want video evidence, you can watch back the trial from the killer's POV here:
It was the first match of his stream, and it starts 21min into the broadcast. No hard feelings towards this gentleman in particular--my beef is with camping/tunneling in general.
You clicked at him and asked for a chase. You got it. What are you complaining about?
You clicked at him and asked for a chase. You got it. What are you complaining about?
the blight had already made the situation pretty clear, I don't think not clicking would make much difference.
In fact the blight is in this thread @BrokenSoul if the Jane hadn't clicked at you while you were chasing her would you have suddenly switched focus to someone else?
Very experienced. I just played like ######### I'm sure. On top of our friend juicing me more then good enough. That I figured ######### it. I'm getting someone out of the game ASAP. I'm certainly not robotic or perfect. We all have rough games.
Im actually curious to hear my own comments now 🤭. I think I normally just say I ######### up. Or good plays by them. Or willingly admit the maps are ######### for this killer(in this case blight). But I'm sure things just slip out sometimes
Ooooh, I'm officially an idiot ... and that's exactly why I should always keep my filter on ... 🤐
Don't mind me. I did that estimation simply because of the few misses/dead bursts and the comment/question about the DS kind of sold the idea. Also, you played "nice" (in my book anyway).
Yeah, we all have good games and bad games. One match I'm called a "god Nurse" (no such thing) by unlucky survivors, next match I get my ethereal ass handed to me fair and square with maybe one down.
Lmaaaaaao. It's fine. I accept any and all criticism. I normally am the first to say I'm playing like #########. What did I say about DS ? Or did you mean dead hard ? Because I think I probably guessed OTR that match. If I'm remembering right.
Yea. I try to play as fair as I possibly can. Within reason of me trying to win. Feel free to watch more of the matches. Or stop by. Plenty of good blight matches that arnt complete ######### 🤣
You got DSed and were not sure about what it was, or something like that (I'm half asleep so I don't recall exactly anymore).
I'd like to watch a stream sometimes, the time difference doesn't help though. (I think it's at 22:00 here and I usually start the day at 05:00)
Na. Only immature minds let something like clicking or tbagging or getting hit on hook effect them emotionally in any way.
Without rewatching it. I assume I played bad enough. And they played pretty damn good. That I probably lost 3 gens early. So at that point its decided. That I'm just going to get someone out as soon as I can and hope for a snowball.
Instead of what I normally aim for. Which is get my down in a reasonable amount of time and go away
At one point you got screwed a bit with weird collision in fairness
Na. Only immature minds let something like clicking or tbagging or getting hit on hook effect them emotionally in any way.
Without rewatching it. I assume I played bad enough. And they played pretty damn good. That I probably lost 3 gens early. So at that point its decided. That I'm just going to get someone out as soon as I can and hope for a snowball.
Instead of what I normally aim for. Which is get my down in a reasonable amount of time and go away
There's nothing emotional about it. A lot of survivors just want to be chased and don't care about doing gens. I take clicking or pointing at pallets to be the universal sign for it. Those games are frequently the most fun for me, cuz I get to chase a good survivor and maybe learn something.
There's nothing emotional about it. A lot of survivors just want to be chased and don't care about doing gens. I take clicking or pointing at pallets to be the universal sign for it. Those games are frequently the most fun for me, cuz I get to chase a good survivor and maybe learn something.
When a survivor really want so to be chased, they can often be kited around if you chase everyone but them. Like flashlight save vultures who follow chases around, these players are great because they allow you to waste the time of multiple survs at once.
I've got time to watch the video. The timestamp is about 21:30
I'm writing the comments along with my thoughts.
21:45 start of the first chase, a missed stealth opportunity there, unless attracting the killer was intentional.
22:58 first gen, so about 88 seconds from the start of the game (2 survivors maybe? I didn't check the lobby)
Long first chase (~90s). The survivor seems a bit too experienced for that killer. The endurance hit is puzzling (frame-perfect dead hard?)
The Flashlight save attempt make me think the Claudette has very little experience.
The Yui saving right next to the killer : huge mistake. I would be pissed at her if I was that Haddie.
(The click at 23:55 : I'd take that as a challenge request, what do you mean by it?)
23:58 second gen, no one healed, it's bound to hurt.
The second chase was long too, especially given the starting disadvantage.
Nice DS.
(The killer comments make me think he isn't very experienced, no value judgment here, just a way to get an idea of the general level of the match)
Again an early save, this time by the Claudette. It may even been in the killer's radius. It's really asking for trouble.
Nice moves from the Haddie, nice blind too : well played.
26:08 "game over", no gen has popped for the last two minutes. It should have been enough to do 3 in parallel, two with some disturbance, one certainly.
This game should be (almost) over already IMHO. The killer was busy on the Haddie for the first five minutes.
I didn't watch the rest.
I'm guessing you were the Haddie.
In my opinion, the two early saves were the biggest problem. If these two had been a bit more patient the killer would have been further away, maybe busy in a chase, and you could have been healed. The killer wasn't particularly nasty, he was just trying to chase the "easy" down. (Which is another hint he isn't too experienced : it's obvious to me the Claudette and Yui would go down way faster than you.)
The others weren't too efficient either.
I think that four of you would have won that one easily, alas you were grouped with at least two inexperienced players.
edit: Jane -> Haddie. I though the survivor has the same ... advantageous bottom than Jane ^_^;;;
Kudos to you for taking the time to watch, and giving a break down of your thoughts on the turn-of-play!
I agree with your analysis that the early unhooks really hurt our team. The Blight running BBQ tells me they are interested in hooking survivors and then running across the map to chase someone else off a gen. However, he recognized that his win condition this match became taking advantage of another survivor's misplay--especially when he felt the first chase with me was so long due to his errs, rather than my decision making.
You've given me some interesting food for thought here, with your breakdown.
The match still doesn't sit right with me, from a game balance perspective. Without OTR, DS, and DH, I would have been out of the game at 3 minutes. ...but then again, I wouldn't have needed these perks if I wasn't unhooked so early.
The problem isn't tunneling and camping. It's gen speeds. I've been on record as saying they need to go back to 80 seconds. DS needs to go back to 5 second stuns. STBFL needs to be looked at and adjusted.
Also as a courtesy. You should always ask creators. Before posting their content anywhere. Especially when using it for example 🤭
Your team should of escaped though. I didn't watch my video back yet. But I'm sure I played like #########. On what's already a pretty tough map for blight.(I hate saying that) Because I'm sure you juiced me to hell. I feel To the point I figured ######### it. The only way I'm winning now is to get someone out ASAP. I feel like if I say I played like #########. It takes away from what you did
Wait, that was your stream?!?
You were a good Blight--I wish I could have played a little better, and had some longer chases with you, but I did have fun against you!
Apologies for not asking perms first, I didn't think the issue was contentious enough that it would reflect poorly on you in any way, and it was fresh on my mind so I shared it. Great to put a face to the name, tho! I know we've been going back and forth in a few threads on the forums here 😋
I've been trying to push back against camping and tunneling on these forums for well over a year now, but most of my arguments with others are all anecdotal. I thought it was nice for once to have gameplay footage that could be reviewed/analyzed, rather than continue to just say things I believe are true.
You clicked at him and asked for a chase. You got it. What are you complaining about?
I've never once clicked at a killer asking for chase.
The flashlight click you saw was me saying:
When a killer tunnels me, and I know I'm capable of giving them a good run for their money, I will always click a flashlight (if it is in my hand) to tell them "Challenge Accepted!" Its not meant to be antagonistic or belittling, it is more a way for me to take back agency and tell the killer that I'm ready for everything they're going to throw at me.
If I don't have a flashlight in hand, I'll t-bag and it will mean the exact same thing.
The second click in the cornfield, after he missed his rush attack, was me basically saying "is that all you got?"
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Lol
The killer cannot tunnel everyone at once.
Doing the gens may be a way to punish him? (aka "pressure")
Doesn't solve the problem.
---
I played against a Blight earlier today running Compound Twenty-One and Adrenaline Vial with Deadlock, Dead Man's Switch, Pain Resonance & BBQ.
I was first chase, and it lasted a minute and a half.
I was tunneled off of first hook.
OTR helped me loop the killer for an additional 45 seconds.
DS bought me 3 seconds.
Dead Hard bought me another 30 seconds.
I was tunneled off of second hook.
I didn't have DS anymore and DH doesn't work in Deep Wound.
I died 5 minutes into the game.
3 Gens were done.
My team did gens the entire time I was in chase (they were very efficient).
I had every second-chance perk a survivor could ask for, and in my experience... Blight and I would have been considered evenly matched. We both made some good plays, we both made some mistakes, I'm pretty sure my chases are about the length BHVR would expect for an even match-up.
Aside from the fact that I'm tired of this boring gameplay loop game in and game out, it is clearly not balanced. This always ends in a 3/4k, because the killer can be carried by passive gen-regression/stalling perks, and the massive defecit survivors face with a 3v1. The "just do gens" argument is anecdotal at best, and should not be used as a counter-argument towards trying to make DBD more fun and engaging for all envolved.
P.S. If you want video evidence, you can watch back the trial from the killer's POV here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1544576706?filter=archives&sort=timeIt was the first match of his stream, and it starts 21min into the broadcast. No hard feelings towards this gentleman in particular--my beef is with camping/tunneling in general.
According to some survivors they can
I've got time to watch the video. The timestamp is about 21:30
I'm writing the comments along with my thoughts.
21:45 start of the first chase, a missed stealth opportunity there, unless attracting the killer was intentional.
22:58 first gen, so about 88 seconds from the start of the game (2 survivors maybe? I didn't check the lobby)
Long first chase (~90s). The survivor seems a bit too experienced for that killer. The endurance hit is puzzling (frame-perfect dead hard?)
The Flashlight save attempt make me think the Claudette has very little experience.
The Yui saving right next to the killer : huge mistake. I would be pissed at her if I was that Haddie.
(The click at 23:55 : I'd take that as a challenge request, what do you mean by it?)
23:58 second gen, no one healed, it's bound to hurt.
The second chase was long too, especially given the starting disadvantage.
Nice DS.
(The killer comments make me think he isn't very experienced, no value judgment here, just a way to get an idea of the general level of the match)
Again an early save, this time by the Claudette. It may even been in the killer's radius. It's really asking for trouble.
Nice moves from the Haddie, nice blind too : well played.
26:08 "game over", no gen has popped for the last two minutes. It should have been enough to do 3 in parallel, two with some disturbance, one certainly.
This game should be (almost) over already IMHO. The killer was busy on the Haddie for the first five minutes.
I didn't watch the rest.
I'm guessing you were the Haddie.
In my opinion, the two early saves were the biggest problem. If these two had been a bit more patient the killer would have been further away, maybe busy in a chase, and you could have been healed. The killer wasn't particularly nasty, he was just trying to chase the "easy" down. (Which is another hint he isn't too experienced : it's obvious to me the Claudette and Yui would go down way faster than you.)
The others weren't too efficient either.
I think that four of you would have won that one easily, alas you were grouped with at least two inexperienced players.
edit: Jane -> Haddie. I though the survivor has the same ... advantageous bottom than Jane ^_^;;;
You played very well, those dead hards were on point.
Yeah, more does have to be done about tunnelling. I think it'll take more than good second chance perks or basekit defences, somehow spreading the pain has to be made the most effective path to winning, or the whole hook system needs to be reworked altogether.
You'd think they could judging by old DS.
You clicked at him and asked for a chase. You got it. What are you complaining about?
the blight had already made the situation pretty clear, I don't think not clicking would make much difference.
In fact the blight is in this thread @BrokenSoul if the Jane hadn't clicked at you while you were chasing her would you have suddenly switched focus to someone else?
Ooooh, I'm officially an idiot ... and that's exactly why I should always keep my filter on ... 🤐
Don't mind me. I did that estimation simply because of the few misses/dead bursts and the comment/question about the DS kind of sold the idea. Also, you played "nice" (in my book anyway).
Yeah, we all have good games and bad games. One match I'm called a "god Nurse" (no such thing) by unlucky survivors, next match I get my ethereal ass handed to me fair and square with maybe one down.
You got DSed and were not sure about what it was, or something like that (I'm half asleep so I don't recall exactly anymore).
I'd like to watch a stream sometimes, the time difference doesn't help though. (I think it's at 22:00 here and I usually start the day at 05:00)
At one point you got screwed a bit with weird collision in fairness
It do be like that. For me Blight would probably retake the most played spot from Artist if it wasn't for collision issues and maps like RPD
There's nothing emotional about it. A lot of survivors just want to be chased and don't care about doing gens. I take clicking or pointing at pallets to be the universal sign for it. Those games are frequently the most fun for me, cuz I get to chase a good survivor and maybe learn something.
When a survivor really want so to be chased, they can often be kited around if you chase everyone but them. Like flashlight save vultures who follow chases around, these players are great because they allow you to waste the time of multiple survs at once.
Kudos to you for taking the time to watch, and giving a break down of your thoughts on the turn-of-play!
I agree with your analysis that the early unhooks really hurt our team. The Blight running BBQ tells me they are interested in hooking survivors and then running across the map to chase someone else off a gen. However, he recognized that his win condition this match became taking advantage of another survivor's misplay--especially when he felt the first chase with me was so long due to his errs, rather than my decision making.
You've given me some interesting food for thought here, with your breakdown.
The match still doesn't sit right with me, from a game balance perspective. Without OTR, DS, and DH, I would have been out of the game at 3 minutes. ...but then again, I wouldn't have needed these perks if I wasn't unhooked so early.
Wait, that was your stream?!?
You were a good Blight--I wish I could have played a little better, and had some longer chases with you, but I did have fun against you!
Apologies for not asking perms first, I didn't think the issue was contentious enough that it would reflect poorly on you in any way, and it was fresh on my mind so I shared it. Great to put a face to the name, tho! I know we've been going back and forth in a few threads on the forums here 😋
I've been trying to push back against camping and tunneling on these forums for well over a year now, but most of my arguments with others are all anecdotal. I thought it was nice for once to have gameplay footage that could be reviewed/analyzed, rather than continue to just say things I believe are true.
I've never once clicked at a killer asking for chase.
The flashlight click you saw was me saying:
When a killer tunnels me, and I know I'm capable of giving them a good run for their money, I will always click a flashlight (if it is in my hand) to tell them "Challenge Accepted!" Its not meant to be antagonistic or belittling, it is more a way for me to take back agency and tell the killer that I'm ready for everything they're going to throw at me.
If I don't have a flashlight in hand, I'll t-bag and it will mean the exact same thing.
The second click in the cornfield, after he missed his rush attack, was me basically saying "is that all you got?"