Scott Jund's take on being tunneled

https://youtu.be/YgylLJbGmlA

I thought it was a pretty good video and, in my opinion, most people playing survivor are in the they want a bit of gens, bit of being chased, bit of a break from being chased off hook, repeat.

I'm in that group too but I do have to admit I like stacking OTR with DS for the satisfaction of knowing that if I'm tunneled I'm extremely annoying to tunnel and there's a very good chance the Killer threw the entire game to get me.

Also, the build mentioned of OTR, Overcome and Quick and Quiet sounds pretty cool.

Comments

  • @sonata93 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090974#Comment_3090974

    Not liking doing and gens and disliking being tunneled can both be true at once. I happen to prefer chases as I find gens boring and monotonous, however, being tunneled means you don't get to engage in all other aspects of the match i.e. being altruistic and helping other teammates, totem searching, etc. I like to be chased, but when you're being tunneled it denies you the opportunity to reset and have a breather as being chased can be quite intense. Also, 9/10 times you get tunneled you end up being sacrificed (which is worse since the DS/OTR end game nerfs) so it also denies you, most of the time, the opportunity to escape the trial.

    Being chased is fun. Being chased 24/7 and taking all the heat off the killer knowing they want you out of the game is not fun. There's a difference.

    I played as surv and got tunneled despite I dont mind gens the thing is when you are with the killer much time it start to be annoying specially when the killer doesnt catch you and 3 gens pop

  • How to become part of the DBD swarm intelligence?

    1. Watch big streamers

    2. Copy&paste their opinion

    3. Turn off your brain


    Shh, killers will tunnel you despite OTR and DS, but don't tell anyone

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090978#Comment_3090978

    SWF still need those to against tunneling. Its just they have info to push Gen much better to have at least 2-3 escape.

    While the 3rd slot for Solo is either Bond or Kindred for info to coordinate unhooking...

    Why is it that people are quoting that quote which is a direct reference to my post but not my actual post or response where I said OTR is necessary as well as better than pre-patch DS for combating tunneling and that bringing DS wasn't necessary. It's overkill but it's just something I like to do because I like punishing tunnelers by wasting their time. DS only comes into effect every 10 to 15 games. My build also didn't have Kindred or Bond.

  • All these attacks on streamers always amuse me because I disagree with a lot of them on a lot of points pretty regularly. I also see that they put a lot of thought into their positions and end up agreeing with them when they make a good case, or just sometimes in general. All this braindead follower talk serves absolutely no purpose.

    @Jangles said:

    I agree with this but its not always you getting tunneled. So 1/4 games you're sitting on gens all game with 0 interaction. Then if that person gets downed and out of the game instantly, im now forced to try and win the game on hard mode. If they don't im playing space bar simulator all game.

    Its a problem with the efficiency caps for each side. Killer starts weaker and gains strength with each interaction, but gains the most with each survivor death. Killers are therefore incentivized to minimize survivor damage early while building a growing advantage. Survivors start off very strong and efficient, and get weaker as resources are wasted/allies are incapacitated/die/etc. Therefore the time it takes a killer to get their first kill affects both minimizing the damage survivors can do, as well as the rate the killer inflicts their own damage.

    Its why it feels exceptionally bad to struggle in a 1v3, even if there are only 2-3 gens left. its still certainly possible, but you feel the squeeze of the efficiency potential shift. This is why I personally don't mind getting tunnelled, I don't have to rely on someone else to punish the killer for trying to rush one person out of the game, i get to be the one wasting their time myself.

1 2 3 ›