Stick to Your Guns and Don't Change STBFL
That's it. That's the thread.
STBFL is in no dire need of a change. The complaints about it mostly stem from peoples' inability to actually play intelligently enough to beat it out. It's a strong perk, but it's not change-worthy.
Comments
I wouldn't be surprised if they removed two stacks from it to make it how it was pre patch, but otherwise I agree.
Why not. STFBL was pretty strong and used fairly often pre patch and now its been buffed even more. IF the goal is to broaden the use of perks, wouldn't it make sense to nerf it?
Who ran STBFL if they weren't an M2 Killer?
I think STBFL is in a decent position. It does what it's meant to do, help M1 killers.
8 stacks before the patch = 1.8 seconds cooldown
8 stacks now = 1.62 seconds cooldown
6 stacks now = 1.89 seconds cooldown
There's no gun to stick to. They never said anything about stbfl. They can do as they please.
STBFL wasn't meta or a high usage perk, so I'm not sure what you mean by this. It's used in certain streamer builds, sure, but it wasn't "used fairly often". It would have been nerfed due to high usage otherwise.
I ran it quite a lot, it’s always been a really solid perk. Now it might be slightly overpowered though, it probably should be returned to max out at the total recovery speed it had pre-patch at 8 tokens.
It was used fairly often, just because it wasn’t literally a top 5-10 perk doesn’t mean it wasn’t used a bit more than average. And just because it wasn’t overpowered doesn’t mean it wasn’t quite good.
Can you prove this, then? Because if it was used fairly often, it would have been adjusted.
And since the devs want a new meta, I'd sincerely doubt they would touch STBFL. It's probably seen as a nice unintended buff to the perk.
They literally only nerfed four perks per side, why do you think a perk that literally isn’t a “top four perk” is therefore “not used fairly often”?
In fact, them NOT adjusting STBFL is partial evidence they were possibly happy with how often it was used. If it was sorely underused they probably would have buffed it since they buffed a whole bunch of other perks that were underused. (Not all of them but quite a few.)
Also as a follow up here’s a link to an unofficial stat page for STBFL that shows perk usage by month for all games from users who track their matches in it. STBFL had a pretty consistent 8% or so usage prepatch which puts it above average.
Edit - One of the mods asked me not to post the link to the site since it uses API to upload data which the devs don’t officially support so I removed it. (I know nothing about API so I’m guessing they consider it a possible security issue? 🤷♂️ )
They nerfed more than 4. Pharmacy, Iron Will, Spine Chill?
Or alternatively, they think STBFL with current cooldown is fine. Not everything needs to be changed to remain "consistent".
I said four “per side”.
And they “thought” STBFL with the current cooldown would be fine is more accurate. My guess is though as they collect data on it post patch they’ll be inclined to tweak it so it’s back to the net max value it was pre patch.
The difference between the two is .18 seconds. While that isn't insignificant, I don't feel like its such a major buff that they need to reduce the value if im being honest, if anything the bigger buff in my opinion is just having more endurance effects through mini BT and off the record allowing people to stack it faster.
"play intelligently"? it makes the cooldown after a hit faster, how do you "intelligently" play around that. you get hit and the person recovers really fast... lets try thinking
Exactly STBFL actually had a downside pre-patch.