Has Anyone Ever Used Shattered Hope?

Maybe if they released it alot closer to Mikaela's release it would've seen some use but in the current meta it seems like the most situational perk in the game, I mean, I dont see Boons used too often anymore, let alone a survivor constantly reblessing the same totem so what's the point? I dont think I've heard a single person talk about this perk excluding the day it was released.

Have you ever used it? If so did you get meaningful value from it?

Comments

  • I don’t use it cause it’s not worth giving up a perk slot for something that should’ve been basekit.

  • Yeah, I tried it, but it doesn't work if the survivors know you have it equipped in the lobby before the macth starts.

    Not a boon used for 4 matches in a row. I unequip it, and I hear 3 boons go up back-to-back in the very next match.

  • @tenoresax said:

    Maybe if they released it alot closer to Mikaela's release it would've seen some use but in the current meta it seems like the most situational perk in the game, I mean, I dont see Boons used too often anymore, let alone a survivor constantly reblessing the same totem so what's the point? I dont think I've heard a single person talk about this perk excluding the day it was released.

    Have you ever used it? If so did you get meaningful value from it?

    Yes. Actually got a huge amount of use out of it my first time running it, made a thread here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/334941/came-across-an-exploit-strategy-that-ive-never-seen-before#latest

    It's flaming garbage on its own, but it's good when used with a Pentimento build. Pentimento, Shattered Hope, two random Hex perks of your choice (Plaything is especially effective, but survivors will know what you're up to if they see it; Ruin is not as great since it deactivates and survivors may not cleanse it).

    I still see Circle of Healing in 2/3 of my games, so I get value out of it, but it's not worth running on its own since it won't activate in 1/3 of games, and survivors can just keep finding new bones to bless. It becomes a real threat when combined with Penti, however.

  • "Shattered Hope" isn't that the unofficial name of patch 6.1.0 ? 😂

    I actually didn't even know about this killer perk, like you said usually you will only see 1 boon in a game, and devoting a perk slot to just destroying it seems like a waste, when a killer can snuff them out quickly anyway, and survivor has to waste more time blessing it again.

  • I got value from 4 man SWF using 2x CoH + SS with RPD Badge when I was playing Spirit.

    Very situational but could be useful in certain situations. With increasing pick rate of CoH, might be worth trying.

    Aura reading is also very useful when someone is in boon area.