Has anyone else noticed that the survivor end game nerf has backfired?
So one of the many ways survivors were nerfed and put at a disadvantage in the patch was disabling OTR & DS during end game ensuring they had 0 hope after the last gen popped, but before the patch I found survivors used to try and go for the save in the hope of say DS, but now if there's someone on hook during end game everyone just leaves and doesn't attempt to save at all? Usually pre patch there was sometimes a snowball where 1k turns into a 3k for example but doesn't seem to happen now. Probs a good thing.
Or maybe it's because the game just takes SO much longer now people just want a break and fresh round sooner?
Just me or has anyone else had a miracle yet and been lucky enough to get to end game solo q and noticed this?
Comments
I agree fun and optimal are two wildly different things, but thats a choice each player has to make. They rarely overlap unless game design incentivises them to, which it currently does not for either side. I constantly switch between risky and efficient plays every game, its possibly the best contribution a solo can make in general to know when to play one or the other. But if you assume nobody will ever choose risky to save you, you open them up to do the same, and you get boring outcomes like you mentioned. This is why people need to learn to take their Ls and Ws, learn and adapt. That also means accepting if plays don't work out.
The end game leaves much to be desired. As does the entire solo-survivor experience, at the moment.
If the killer is camping their final kill, 9 times out of 10 I just leave, and I implore anyone I'm playing with to do the same.
I never saw old DS as a "free escape," even when I was eating DS at the exit gate. The reality is that eating DS at the exit gate meant everything you did up until that moment was not good enough to secure that kill. Sure, it's frustrating to feel robbed like that--no doubt you feel you earned the kill in that moment, but that was never the reality of the situation.
Now, being downed after the final gen pops is a death sentence.
That was the point though. Wasn’t it? That was the impression I took from it. The game is done. Get out.
I wish I had a 90% kill rate when someone is hooked in the endgame.
Usually the survivors don't escape because they are tunneled and then picked up via DS, they escape because they are protected by BT and someone health escorts them to the exit gate. Very little changed, as the 10% general buff usually won't help you with getting a second hit in.
No one is running BT, I have seen it once in about 40 games. Anyone claiming you can escape easily after getting hooked in the end game is either lying or hasn't played in a week.
I do play around it, I open the Exit Gates and get away which is the best option right now, it even has the benefit to force the other 2 to not risk themselves too.
By fun you mean : risk free. That is the measure for a lot of the survivor fun - able to do whatever you please.