Generator Repair Speed Reductions need to be capped.

I think debuffs to repair speed need to be capped out at 30%

In a vacuum there's nothing wrong with Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain, and Hex: Pentimento but being able to combine them to reach nonsensical levels of repair slowdown is well, dumb.

Using a combination of Dying Light, Thanatophobia, and/or Gift of Pain to reach 30% is fine.

Using just Hex: Pentimento to immediately reach 30% is fine because of its nature as a Hex Perk.

But the ease of use when combining Thanatophobia or Dying Light (or god forbid both) with a Hex: Plaything/Pentimento combo is just a miserable experience for survivors, and I say this as a killer who loves Plague and Legion and who has experimented with such a build.

Comments

  • As long as buffs get capped at +100%

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    As long as buffs get capped at +100%

    No. There doesn't need to be any kind of trade off here for some kind of false equivalence. 30% is as a cap on slowdown is fine.

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081966#Comment_3081966

    No. There doesn't need to be any kind of trade off here for some kind of false equivalence. 30% is as a cap on slowdown is fine.

    Stupidly fast heals need to be slowed down, 8s is perfectly fine at max

  • @Viskod said:

    I think debuffs to repair speed need to be capped out at 30%

    In a vacuum there's nothing wrong with Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain, and Hex: Pentimento but being able to combine them to reach nonsensical levels of repair slowdown is well, dumb.

    Using a combination of Dying Light, Thanatophobia, and/or Gift of Pain to reach 30% is fine.

    Using just Hex: Pentimento to immediately reach 30% is fine because of its nature as a Hex Perk.

    But the ease of use when combining Thanatophobia or Dying Light (or god forbid both) with a Hex: Plaything/Pentimento combo is just a miserable experience for survivors, and I say this as a killer who loves Plague and Legion and who has experimented with such a build.

    All of that stuff has clear and present counterplay that you simply don't want to engage with.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336376/generator-repair-speed-reductions-need-to-be-capped

    All of that stuff has clear and present counterplay that you simply don't want to engage with.

    Try reading the post.

  • I did and it's just the same bland complaints I've seen since day one of the patch from people who are unwilling or incapable of changing their loadouts.

  • It should be capped at 40% imo. Regression perks shouldn’t really synergise especially ones that just slow down repair times

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082043#Comment_3082043

    I did and it's just the same bland complaints I've seen since day one of the patch from people who are unwilling or incapable of changing their loadouts.

    I don't think any one of these perks is unfair in a vacuum, and if you want to combine Dying Light and Thanatophobia that's fine. But a 30% cap on slowdown is not going to ruin these perks or prevent combinations of them.

  • I mean, ultimately people just replace those with perks like call of brine, which can results in literal infinite seconds to finish a gen.

  • @Viskod said:

    I think debuffs to repair speed need to be capped out at 30%

    In a vacuum there's nothing wrong with Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain, and Hex: Pentimento but being able to combine them to reach nonsensical levels of repair slowdown is well, dumb.

    Using a combination of Dying Light, Thanatophobia, and/or Gift of Pain to reach 30% is fine.

    Using just Hex: Pentimento to immediately reach 30% is fine because of its nature as a Hex Perk.

    But the ease of use when combining Thanatophobia or Dying Light (or god forbid both) with a Hex: Plaything/Pentimento combo is just a miserable experience for survivors, and I say this as a killer who loves Plague and Legion and who has experimented with such a build.

    You're going to lose games if you seriously go out of your way just to cleanse plaything anyways. Literally 0 point unless you're on an indoor map

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/336376/generator-repair-speed-reductions-need-to-be-capped

    You're going to lose games if you seriously go out of your way just to cleanse plaything anyways. Literally 0 point unless you're on an indoor map

    Playthings will get cleansed. That's why I use it. Even if the person whose totem it is doesn't cleanse it, after awhile someone else will. Then, Pentimento.

  • @Viskod said:

    I think debuffs to repair speed need to be capped out at 30%

    In a vacuum there's nothing wrong with Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain, and Hex: Pentimento but being able to combine them to reach nonsensical levels of repair slowdown is well, dumb.

    Using a combination of Dying Light, Thanatophobia, and/or Gift of Pain to reach 30% is fine.

    Using just Hex: Pentimento to immediately reach 30% is fine because of its nature as a Hex Perk.

    But the ease of use when combining Thanatophobia or Dying Light (or god forbid both) with a Hex: Plaything/Pentimento combo is just a miserable experience for survivors, and I say this as a killer who loves Plague and Legion and who has experimented with such a build.

    Even worse when someone throws the game (DC's or gives up early game)