Scourge Hook Locations
As I've been using scourge hooks more and more of late, I've noticed a lot of map are literally impossible to get to. Where you don't even need a body block for you to not be able to reach 1 of these hooks. This is especially prevalent on maps such as Swamp. I don't know if currently it's completely random but I would suggest splitting the map in 4 quadrants and then placing 1 scourge hook in each and making it as central as possible. This means you should always be able to reach one (assuming no one has died on one). As nothing is as depressing as when you go into a match and see that almost all your scourge hooks are no where near a potential 3 gen and you'd have to chase them to an area that makes you lose pressure.
Comments
Scourage perks are busted as hell. You can’t let the killer use them 100% of times
I'm not saying they should be used 100% of the time, I'm more saying there are maps where they're available 0% of the time. If they were in the middle of each quadrant then 3 things can happen; (1) when you've killed someone on that scourge hook then you wouldn't be able to reach one where you've got a 3gen in the same quadrant. (2) If you go to a different quadrant then survivors can do a gen while you're travelling the distance. (3) If you kill someone on a non scourge hook, then you're not getting scourge value 100% of the time.
Current issue is that on some maps, 3 scourge hooks can be very close to each other and near a 3 gen. And on other maps, they're on the corners of the maps.
I wouldn't mind if there was a rule saying they couldn't spawn within x meters of each other to try and up the variance (I've had occasions where a cluster of 3 hooks were all Scourges, and that was stupid), but saying they should be centrally placed in each map quadrant is too much. They're very strong perks and need some element of risk involved.
risk vs reward perks, like hex perks.
Will you get value? maybe, sometimes more sometimes less
can you get more value with a perk combo? yes you can, thrill of the hunt gives hex value and stuff like agitation gives more scourge value
are the effects strong enough to justify the risk? 15% instant regression, aura reading or uncounterable slowdown, looks strong enough to me
imo only thing that maybe should be done is that scourge hooks cant all spawn together, if they spawn in pairs thats fine but if literally all of them spawn in the same corner thats kinda yikes. Same with Hexes spawning right next to survivors. Some things just shouldnt happen.