Solo Queue Is Perfectly Fine

My history: I usually end up rank 1 in both Survivor and Killer, I play survivor just a tad more. I’ve been playing the past 5 years.

I dont think I have ever seen so many people upset about how “Unfair” solo queue is. I will occasionally have a game with a bad teammate or two but not once have I ever thought, Solo Queue is garbage. When I play SWF its a curb-stomp to new-ish killers, which in my opinion Isn’t that fun or sportsman like so I tend to not SWF. That being said, I firmly believe Solo is the way to play. Even lore-wise with the game. No-one in the game knows each other except maybe Steve and Nancy but yet they try to work together anyways.

If you can’t adjust your play style for a teammate thats not doing anything then you are practically giving up. If noones doing anything, try to be the last one alive. And to be quite frank It doesnt even matter if you die or not. You dont lose your grade, you still get BP and you can just go into another game. Its entirely a mindset thing that I see a lot with incredibly entitled people who think the game is “Killer Sided” when in reality its Map Sided, which is balanced in my opinion.

I have the most fun solo queueing because its a cosmic gumbo of casual play and risky play. Its easily the most tense way to play the game which is something that I desperately strive for and hold on to deeply in DBD. Nothing feels better than a tense match that you just barely escaped or killed everyone.

Furthermore, I just want to say I care a lot about sportsmanship in DBD because i want more people to get into the game and I think a lot of new people will be put off by the toxicity of entitled players who demand the best of the best which is SWF and just want everything to be the way they want it.

Noone asked but literally the only thing i would change is adding a Wave Hi and/or a STOP emote (like you’re about to get hit by a car). Just something to add a tiny bit of communication using body language.


Edit: Be sure to read every comment in this thread, I have added some more reasons and arguments that support my opinion

Re:Edit: Read the title and make sure you can tell it says “fine” in the title, and not AMAZING, PERFECT, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, SEX. Its not its fine where it is at the moment but there is definitely, 100% ways to improve it that aren’t just tacky ping systems or whatever.


My old Xbox account to show that I am pretty balanced in terms of what I play more of

EE80EA1A-A056-4306-AB38-BD0E361F01C2.jpeg

Comments

  • @Sumnox said:

    "Solo Queue is perfectly fine"

    Said no -actual- regular solo Q player, ever.

    I play 4 to 6 games of solo daily and I think it's fine.

  • @drakolyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3078855#Comment_3078855

    "Camping hook has always been a non-issue for people who arent hooked. If a leatherface is camping, then literally just do gens."

    So, there we have the first problem. The other 3, dont know if he is camping. They either look 1 by 1, or get downed on an instant. Especially with insidious.

    Also "Just do gens", with the new slowdown perks, thana for example, on the max is 164 for one gen.

    So, until the team got the information, either some more are hurt or run back to a gen, its already the first hook state.

    This strategy only works on SWF's.

    "And off the record and decisive being disabled after the gates are powered is a quality of life improvement for killer. There was nothing more frustrating than hooking someone when the gates arent powered, they get unhooked, powers the gate and you down them and then you literally can do nothing because all they have to do is hit a skill check and you dont get the kill. and now that they are disabled after the gate it incentivizes more teamwork after unhooking someone to protect them from getting picked up or hit again. Even then they still have dead hard they can use they just have to have the right timing when they use it."

    Well i agree with DS, but not with off the record. The perk is deactivated completly, while it only should for endurance.

    Also the case is, that its now frustrating for the survivor, cause not only are always every survivor there (especially when you are alone), your perks deactivate now completly.

    It should be equally fair.

    "Tunneling is a get gud issue on both sides. If a killer is tunneling its going to cost him the game, if a survivor is getting tunneled they are going to have to play extremely well or just take one for the team and get downed.

    Slugging has always been around, and I had to deal with it yesterday against a legion with Knock-Out, if you want to prevent slugging separate from your team and then pick them up when you can, otherwise leave them and do gens."

    And the same argument is made above. Also if a killer wants to tunnel you out, nothing will help you. And the killer has the advantage of that. Always. In Solo Q especially, since teammates will play selfish.

    And with thanaphobia or other slow down perks, with buffed gens doesnt do the job.

    "Not only that Thanatophobia is had a 2% change which is barely anything even with added gen time."

    Its already proofen thats not true. A full Thanatophobia goes from 90 secs of a gen, to ridicoulus 164 secs of gen time. And with plague, for example, you see fast on which gen survivors are. You are fast infected again and if she gets mid chase her bad vomit, you are down.

    Legion is better now, Legion got buffs and legion profits from every buff killer got. And especially gets better with the buffed slow down perks. I dont think Legion is low tier anymore. Spreading also only works on big maps.

    "And if the 5sec endurance time isnt long enough, then like run Borrowed time??? Like everyone did before the endurance was a thing."

    You know, thats the core problem. Killer now you always get 5 secs of borrowed time. So its useless. They wait automaticly 5 seconds. In solo q, i never see someone take borrowed time anyway.

    Sure its a bad teammate situation, but thaths why it need to consider and solo q needs buffs.

    Since you talk about your Survivor experience, can i have a look at your steamprofile? Would like to know.

    You keep repeating it, but Thanatophobia does not make a gen last 164 seconds, that's a 82% slowdown. Full stack Thana applies a 22% slowdown, which is 109 seconds.

  • @Archvile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079464#Comment_3079464

    You keep repeating it, but Thanatophobia does not make a gen last 164 seconds, that's a 82% slowdown. Full stack Thana applies a 22% slowdown, which is 109 seconds.

    True. I'm sorry it was late.

    Thana with other perks push it on 164 secs. Thanatophobia and pentimento for example.

    I know i repeat it, because i have seen it nearly every game.

  • @drakolyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3079769#Comment_3079769

    True. I'm sorry it was late.

    Thana with other perks push it on 164 secs. Thanatophobia and pentimento for example.

    I know i repeat it, because i have seen it nearly every game.

    Assuming you have full stack Thanatophobia and one stack of Pentimento, that's a 55% slowdown which should result in 139.5 seconds per gen. What's the third perk that lets you get to 164?

  • @Archvile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081730#Comment_3081730

    Assuming you have full stack Thanatophobia and one stack of Pentimento, that's a 55% slowdown which should result in 139.5 seconds per gen. What's the third perk that lets you get to 164?

    Well. I read it in the forum and then didnt calculated again. I guess its not 164 seconds.


    It can be with dead lock and scourge hook pain resconance be extended. (Not to mention gen kicking with instant 2.5% regression)

  • I feel like Solo Queue is mostly not fine, like 70% of the games. But most of the time it is because of the lack of information that you have. I never understood why Kindred wasn't basekit. It is one of the strongest, if not the best surivor perk when it comes to Solo queue. I would rather prefer Kindred basekit over BT or any other perk. Secondly, it's way easier to tunnel survivors out of the game, since BT is a basekit feature for 5 seconds, so people rarely run BT or DS. All the killer has to do, is wait 5 seconds. I've played a lot of killer over the last few days, and hardly see any Decisive Strikes in my games. All BHVR has to do, is give solo survivors much more information, which SWF cannot benefit from (Since they already have that information). Also, with this new patch it is way easier to win as killer in general, especially if you decide to tunnel someone out of the game, or camp them.

  • I play solo queue as a healer and leader and it usually results in plenty of points live or die. I also run Kindred and it makes things much easier. The patch is not even a week old so the exaggerated complaints will fall on deaf ears since the devs can see the actual stats.

1 2 ›