I changed my mind, kindred should be made base kit for survivors
Solo queue has been forgotten about, again. I think kindred should become base kit because it would honestly fix a lot of the problems solo queue has.
I changed my mind after listening to DOWSEY's argument which was that if kindred was base kit, the devs could then balance both SWF and solo queue at the same time. Since they would both be equal of course.
I also think he is right about implementing some sort of ping system for solo queue players as well. I think it would be neat if you pointed at a gen, totem, or chest it would highlight it for a short time for other survivors.
Again, these changes would bring solo queue up to SWF level without buffing SWF, and also allow the devs to balance both at the same time.
Comments
Well, pings and base kit kindred WOULD buff swf. That being said, I have ALWAYS been for the idea. Heck, optional voice chat would be fine by me too. I know survivors are afraid of other survivors, but it would go a LONG way into closing the gap and you could just mute the toxic players. You know? Same advice they give to killers regarding end game conduct.
I agree.
NOW Many killers choose to push the limits of camping.
Then this change is necessary.
Optional voice chat is scary tho lmao
"Claudette you ******* idiot uninstall ######### (keep yourself safe) ur trash omg"
while I personally would not mind voice chat, i can see why people are against it. Even in competetive games like Valorant and Cs:GO people dont even use it so I am fine with alternatives.
Things that I would like to see from a communication system:
there are a lot of things you could do and even just implementing a few of these would decrease the gap between solo and swf immensely
cant wait for this to get released year 9 lmao
I think the team part of kindred aura reading would be good basekit
maybe leave the killer aura part to the perk itself or make it extend the range of it (Basekit 8m, Kindred adds another 8m maybe?)
I was honestly more hoping for Kindred basekit than borrowed time, though maybe limited to LOS or not working on Undetectable for those who still wanna insidious. Information is a lot better tool to hand players than a blunt tool like an extra health state.
Basekit kindred with 12m killer aura (Think of it as Kindred tier 2)
"BuT thAt'S too StrOng"! Not really lol
Yeah, or like
Maybe a basekit kindred could be something like - the longer you're on the hook, the more information is given.
15 seconds - All survivors are revealed to each other
25 seconds - Killer's aura is shown within 12m
35 seconds - 16m
idk it's an idea that makes it not super overbearing or punishing for killers who aren't camping
While I'm not against a ping system in DBD, it's undeniably not as good of a fix as some other options. Anything your random teammates have to actually elect to use and know how to use properly just fundamentally isn't going to raise the information level of solo play up all that much at all, let alone up to the levels of SWF.
I'd rather see some passive information conveyance that doesn't require players to actively use it. Something like status icons, alongside some other stuff like (some form of) basekit Kindred and the ability to see your teammate's builds at all times.
YES but without aura reveal of the killer