Camping and Tunneling
How is everyone's experience with camping and tunnelling after the patch? I've not played much myself but I'm expecting it to be just as bad as before, since there was nothing really done to combat either.
How is everyone's experience with camping and tunnelling after the patch? I've not played much myself but I'm expecting it to be just as bad as before, since there was nothing really done to combat either.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I haven’t seen any but 1 tunnel from a Spirit and she just waited for base BT to wear off longer than she needed to. That ######### doesn’t last long at all. Wasn’t me- saw it happen to a teammate. Sacrificed myself twice to make sure she didn’t get taken out the game early.
Killer is pretty fun atm, nobody is cheating me out of hits with DH. Why would I camp?
What exactly are camping and tunneling? The discussion has to have some sort of framework.
I'm just now starting my Cannibal games, but I'll say they'll be okay.
There's still tunneling and camping. Nothing has changed.
Almost everyone knows what tunneling and camping are already though.
It's most effient stragedy to win that's good reason also tunneling is stronger than ever I will use these tactics as long as they remain strong.
Wdym, they fixed camping and tunneling. No? 🙄
They don't have defined parameters. If I have two survivors hooked equidistant from one other and I patrol the two, is this camping? Certainly, but justified by survivor mistakes. Don't loop near your allies. If a survivor body blocks, takes a hit and I put them back on the hook, is that tunnelling? Certainly, but I never wanted to go for that person. I wanted the unhooker, but they prevented me from doing so.
Both of those instances make sense to me and happen in my games with some frequency. There are many that think me doing that stuff is wrong and shouldn't happen. There are others who see that it makes sense as it is capitalizing on bad survivor behavior and mistakes. So who's right? Where does the definition lie?
Thing is with the DH nerf its not really needed on stronger killers. I just spend all game every game going from 1 chase to another and literally all my games have been fun, chill and easy.
I kept saying that 5 seconds is nothing but everyone was saying "durrr 5 seconds you can get a tile". I can't stand how dumb people are sometimes.
I have had some proxy camping so far, only camping if its end game collapse and they have no other option. I have had one Demogorgon who was teleporting back to unhooks but going after the unhooker. Feels good so far, only issues I have seen from a survivor pov is overcharge and thana.
Camping and tunneling every. single. game.
Have died on first hook in over 6 games.
Have sat staring at the killer until I die in most games.
And yet, the most gens I have seen completed is 4.
It feels like killers are camping/tunneling more just to see the DS nerf and basekit BT.
More tunneling and camping because of nerfed ds and dh. When i have ran OTR the killer magically finds me again after 80 seconds & nobody else which tells me, he's bad & looking for me and knows 80 seconds is prolly up. Not a waste of his time because longer gens.
Forgive me if Im wrong but was there not a basekit 7% speedboost and endurance added and was there not also a reworked 80 second endurance perk to defend against tunneling? Maybe I just had some really weird dream.