I'm musing over my new Killer idea (If you're a Killer main, I wanna hear from you especially)
I'm just musing about something new we could do in DBD.
What if we had a Killer whose power was a combination of levitation and speed (like Billy's chainsaw or Blight's rush)?
So imagine a Survivor is running to a jungle gym. The Killer stops, levitates (specifically how high or how quickly, I couldn't say, but fast and high enough to see overheard). The Killer then aims and rapidly dives downward at an angle towards the Survivor.
So in essence, the Killer gets a birds eye view of a Survivor, then aims to try to cut the Survivor off or land a hit. (So if a Survivor is going to vault, the Killer could dive towards the other side of the window. If the Survivor is in a bad spot, the Killer can aim for a direct hit). Unlike Nurse, this Killer won't be able to go through walls.
I don't see the Killer going high enough to get a view of the entire map, just high enough to get some sight info and then coordinate an attack. I could see there being add-ons that made the dive and height range increased though. I could also see there being a limit (like a meter) for how long the dash could last. Possibly, that could allow a Killer to shorten their overhead "dive," and then use the remaining burst of their "dash" to do a horizontal attack (kinda like a blink for Nurse). Not sure though. And obviously, there'd have to be some sort of a cooldown. And now I'm wondering how long the Killer could stay in the levitation state, and if they could control how high up they'd like to go (and if they can, maybe there's some sort of trade off). And then there's the issue of indoor maps. How would this Killer work in something like Lery's? I'm wondering if maybe the Killer could choose to do a strictly horizontal rush action (which could work in the hallways). But then again, all Killers have good and bad maps for their power. Hmmm. The more I think, the more variables I keep coming up with. I'll stop short of listing more.
All I've got so far is the initial idea. What would it be like to have a dive bombing Killer? That's it. Specifics beyond that are all blurry.
I especially welcome feedback from Blight, Billy, Oni, and Nurse mains. With your feedback, I could come up with a more cohesive idea.
Comments
Indoor maps?
That being said, your proposition is reminiscent of a bird of prey.
If kind of feels like sort of a Nurse,but from "the sky", and with collisions. It would need to "float" at least at window/pallet level or above walls. (Which was the first image I had, hence the "indoor maps")
I may be seeing something very different from what you have in mind though.
I believe that before thinking of its counter-weight (e.g. a cooldown) its power should be fleshed out.
Power -> counter for survivors -> counter-weight to balance both.
Yeah I brought up the indoor maps. "And then there's the issue of indoor maps. How would this Killer work in something like Lery's? I'm wondering if maybe the Killer could choose to do a strictly horizontal rush action (which could work in the hallways). But then again, all Killers have good and bad maps for their power. Hmmm."
And yep! That's what I was thinking. An ambush attack like an eagle.
In my head, I saw the Killer as going high up to get a really good view, but not as high as Space Billy. Still kinda fuzzy though, to be honest. When my gears get to spinning, my mind spins in too many directions. That's why I especially want Killer feedback. Since I'm a Survivor main, Killers understand these mechanics and challenges better than I do (though I do play Killer occasionally). Hearing from them will help me narrow my focus, so thanks. You're right about the power needing to be fleshed out!
Before finding out that BHVR will not add the Jeppers Creppers killer and the reasons for that decision, I had always hoped that would be his power.
Indoor maps: it would just latch onto the ceiling and crawl upside down until pouncing.
To me this is an Alien/Xenomorph leaping for survivors. Somewhat a Viktor and Demo fusion.
Rather than fly/levitate, jump skills.
Even Viktor jumping works in indoors map by jumping over boxes and stuff like that.
And Demo in a hill with a fully charge M2 can jump quite a lot.
Just to add to the topic.
If the artist ever got reworked this idea would be better suited to her rathan a new killer i like it tho except for indoor maps
Here's a drawing of what I was thinking. It's hard to draw because of dimensional issues, but imagine a Killer who levitates straight up (not at an angle, as the drawing kind of implies). Then dive bombs (like an eagle) very rapidly, like Billy chainsawing.
By the way, the jungle gym itself isn't mine, only the commentary.