Is the stupid get to level 15 before you can equip 4 perks still gonna be a think after the update?

I never understood why it was a thing to begin with. Putting players who had just started or just prestieged at a disadvantage for their first 2 or 3 games seemed pointless except for scaring off newer players. Ar we sitll goping to have to level all our characters to level 15 to be able to play the game properly or will we be able to equip 4 perks right from level 1.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I would assume no since you keep everything when you prestige in the new system. That said it's entirely possible they didn't even think about it.

  • Yeah I think they said that in the dev stream. Was so long ago I could be mistaken.

  • You won't loose your perk slots after prestige.

  • From June's Developer Update:

    image.png
    During our 6th Anniversary Broadcast, we announced a new progression system and a meta-shifting perk overhaul. We’re thrilled to say that both initiatives will headline the upcoming Mid-Chapter. From the onset, it was important for us to release these changes as a package. Our objective is to shake up the current meta,…


  • Now that you only upgrade one number and there is no reset, you no longer need to level up to equip 4 perks.

    Also, i dont understand why thats a thing 6 years after release. You star playing with 1 perk against someone that have 4 feels bad.

    Just let survs and killers equip 3 tier 1 perk + the random perk in your first bloodweb page (probably monstuous srhine).

  • @ARTRA said:

    Now that you only upgrade one number and there is no reset, you no longer need to level up to equip 4 perks.

    Also, i dont understand why thats a thing 6 years after release. You star playing with 1 perk against someone that have 4 feels bad.

    Just let survs and killers equip 3 tier 1 perk + the random perk in your first bloodweb page (probably monstuous srhine).

    It's called progression, usually a good thing to have in games.


  • @SekiSeki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068188#Comment_3068188

    It's called progression, usually a good thing to have in games.

    The real progression of DBD is unlocking teachables. Putting new players or players playing a new character at a flat disadvantage that cannot be spun in any way other than negative is a really really ######### way of implementing progression.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068190#Comment_3068190

    The real progression of DBD is unlocking teachables. Putting new players or players playing a new character at a flat disadvantage that cannot be spun in any way other than negative is a really really ######### way of implementing progression.

    Agree with this.

    Progression its one thing, start at a game that you dont know how to play AND have a handicap because you have even less perk slots doesnt look ok to me.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068190#Comment_3068190

    The real progression of DBD is unlocking teachables. Putting new players or players playing a new character at a flat disadvantage that cannot be spun in any way other than negative is a really really ######### way of implementing progression.

    Anything where the number increase is progress: level, perk count, perk level, devotion, ...

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068196#Comment_3068196

    Anything where the number increase is progress: level, perk count, perk level, devotion, ...

    It is progression just an awful way of implementing it. If an FPS locked using my pistol until I hit a certain level I would be pretty pissed. Perks are an essential mechanic core to the game. Locking using them behind a level cap is just poor design imo.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068285#Comment_3068285

    It is progression just an awful way of implementing it. If an FPS locked using my pistol until I hit a certain level I would be pretty pissed. Perks are an essential mechanic core to the game. Locking using them behind a level cap is just poor design imo.

    I was about to simply say "it's not an FPS". Given the asymmetric nature of the game, there is no "pistol" to speak of.

    But when you think about it BF has got something similar for a long time: you start with crap and you progressively acquire better stuff that gives you an actual advantage (and that you have been against since the start)

    For the sake of argument, let's assume you manage to find a solid counter to this and that I see the light. ("I" being anyone thinking a bit like me). Given how fast these 20 levels go, I don't believe it's worth spending resources on it.

  • If you have any prestige level, you have all 4 slots unlocked.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3068285#Comment_3068285

    It is progression just an awful way of implementing it. If an FPS locked using my pistol until I hit a certain level I would be pretty pissed. Perks are an essential mechanic core to the game. Locking using them behind a level cap is just poor design imo.

    >If an FPS locked using my pistol until I hit a certain level I would be pretty pissed

    You mean like how most non-Class based shooters do just that, by level gating weapons and equipment?

    Progression is good, and this specific instance is hard to complain about. Especially after the update, where its going to be once per character instead of thrice.

  • Nothing is preventing you from playing someone else with 4 perks already unlocked on them to then dump bloodpoints in the prestiged character if it really bothers you that much