Airport
Another new map idea would be a Airport! I think that'd be pretty cool!
Another new map idea would be a Airport! I think that'd be pretty cool!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Next map must be a graveyard.. (with a couple of variations like the old maps used to have) comon it can't be more obvious
Airport could definitely be pretty cool- I would love to see a shopping mall map, personally, and I think they might have a similar vibe if it's the indoor portion of an airport.
Oh yes a shopping mall would be great too
we already have a graveyard lol
since when?
what map is an actual graveyard?
autohaven is not a graveyard. it is a junkyard filled with corpses. there literally is no graveyard map...
also i d love an airport map. i could always just take a plane and fly to a better map if it sucks
Eyrie of crows is a graveyard that's Artist's map.
oh really?
i thought it was just ruins. Doesn't really fit a graveyard vibe imo though since it looks more like a desert.
just googled what a boneyard is. guess i was wrong XD. did not know that was another name for graveyard.
I thought the tombstones and graves would've already said it lol.
Love the idea! I'm all for day-to-day locations that are familiar, but made to fit the entity's realm. Honestly, look at the Resident Evil Outbreak scenarios. I would LOVE for a DBD themed map of those types of locations. Zoo, subway station, university campus, police station (lol........), general hospital... not Raccoon City themed, but generic locations. I trust the DBD team would be able to creatively turn these concepts into some really engaging maps! I know how sensitive and touchy maps and map balancing is, so these are mere concept ideas, not necessarily on their viability for balance.
I envision your airport idea with a main, central indoor "courtyard" (fountain, etc) with 4 or 5 general areas to go off in. Food court, security, terminal, shops, and baggage claim. I wouldn't begin to presume how to balance it or lay it out "correctly", but I think it would be so fun to play and hide in those locations! In addition to the airport, a large department store or mall would be fun, too. I caution myself in suggesting this, but logical design-wise, a layout like The Game would work! I know that map has many mixed opinions, I'm just speaking from a strictly design mindset :)