A big thank to the DBD Support for the last 6 Years

hey,

I don't know if the BHVR support staff reads this, but I know our moderators and developers do. Perhaps there is a way that you can forward this.

I would like to personally thank the support staff for their support over the past 6 years. My tickethistory is appropriately large. This is mainly because I don't tolerate cheaters in my matches.

Why do I create a post for this? I have read here in the forum very often that many players are of the opinion that a report would bring nothing and so on.

Rest assured. It does bring something. The only important thing is that the players in question are reported ingame and you create a ticket with video evidence (if necessary).


After that you can see the result, even if BHVR writes that they won't tell you what came out of the investigation.

However, I will not write here how the whole thing works.

Only one thing I can say with 100% certainty: All cheaters I have reported so far have been successfully banned.I just wanted to say thank you for that and to encourage all skeptics here.


With kind regards & keep up the good work


Edit: maybe someone else with similar experience?

Comments

  • Personally I don't report because it shouldn't be my job to police their game

    If it was as easy "click the thumbs down" button, then yeah, I'm totally on board with reporting. But it takes longer to report a game than it does to play the next game and I'm not using my free time to police their game

    So it's not that I'm skeptical that BHVR doesn't take action, I just don't feel like I should have to do all the work to report that BHVR requires me to do so I don't.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Personally I don't report because it shouldn't be my job to police their game

    If it was as easy "click the thumbs down" button, then yeah, I'm totally on board with reporting. But it takes longer to report a game than it does to play the next game and I'm not using my free time to police their game

    So it's not that I'm skeptical that BHVR doesn't take action, I just don't feel like I should have to do all the work to report that BHVR requires me to do so I don't.

    1000iq logic

  • "That is not my job." Waves index finger back and forth.

  • @SekiSeki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3061257#Comment_3061257

    "That is not my job." Waves index finger back and forth.

    Yes and I stand by it

    Being on console, I'm not exaggerating that it is faster for me to play an entire second match than it does to fill out that reporting stuff. I need to record the game on my Xbox, upload the video to Twitter, go to my computer, rip the video from Twitter to my computer since you can't just link to the video, write down the Cloud ID of the offending party and really hope I don't get one letter wrong since I can't copy/paste it over, write down my Cloud ID and really hope I don't get one letter wrong since I can't copy/paste it over, and then finally submit it.

    If the report function wasn't such a convoluted mess, I'd be perfectly fine with hitting the report button and letting BHVR deal with it but it's not.

  • The reasons people think reports do nothing are:

    1.) there is no feedback concerning whether reports submitted by the player lead to any action

    2.) the reporting system has a massive requirement for players that is unrealistic (recording every single match in case their perspective is able to even witness it, or have recording setup ready to be toggled mid match before needing to witness it again.)

    3.) The sheer volume of cheaters. How many digits of epic store throwaway accounts are there that people use to cheat? When paired with the above this is extremely important.

    4.) No overall community progress updates. They opt for radio silence as their tactic in "the arms race," which is backfiring by eroding player trust in the reporting system in the first place. Keep in mind this isn't about them saying "we fixed x loophole that was being used" but more "we have banned x number of people in the past month due to player reports successfully proving ToS violations." There's simply no way of knowing if anything is actually being done, and when paired with the sheer volume of cheaters people encounter, this has a very profound effect.

    The system needs to be more automated, it needs more realistic burden on the people willing to put in additional work to even report in the first place, and it needs more transparency on whether they're actually accomplishing anything. I have no doubt that they zap plenty of accounts based off of reports, but without knowing anything about their progress its impossible to actually have faith in it. Especially when anecdotally they are encountered more now than ever.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3061257#Comment_3061257

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3061273#Comment_3061273

    Yes and I stand by it

    Being on console, I'm not exaggerating that it is faster for me to play an entire second match than it does to fill out that reporting stuff. I need to record the game on my Xbox, upload the video to Twitter, go to my computer, rip the video from Twitter to my computer since you can't just link to the video, write down the Cloud ID of the offending party and really hope I don't get one letter wrong since I can't copy/paste it over, write down my Cloud ID and really hope I don't get one letter wrong since I can't copy/paste it over, and then finally submit it.

    If the report function wasn't such a convoluted mess, I'd be perfectly fine with hitting the report button and letting BHVR deal with it but it's not.

    True, I would report more often if it wasn't so time consuming

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Personally I don't report because it shouldn't be my job to police their game

    If it was as easy "click the thumbs down" button, then yeah, I'm totally on board with reporting. But it takes longer to report a game than it does to play the next game and I'm not using my free time to police their game

    So it's not that I'm skeptical that BHVR doesn't take action, I just don't feel like I should have to do all the work to report that BHVR requires me to do so I don't.

    I prefer it this way compared to Overwatch falsely banning you because some salty teammates did not appreciate your hero choice. I can guarantee those losers would never go through this process because by time they were halfway through, the baby rage would have disappeared.


    Comparatively, a lot of people will go through these hoops to get rid of the blatant cheaters. It is a nice balance that I really appreciate.


    And yes, half the reason is because if all you needed to do was report in-game, I would be banned within an hour based on how I treat survivors. Muahahahaha.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3061257#Comment_3061257

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3061273#Comment_3061273

    Yes and I stand by it

    Being on console, I'm not exaggerating that it is faster for me to play an entire second match than it does to fill out that reporting stuff. I need to record the game on my Xbox, upload the video to Twitter, go to my computer, rip the video from Twitter to my computer since you can't just link to the video, write down the Cloud ID of the offending party and really hope I don't get one letter wrong since I can't copy/paste it over, write down my Cloud ID and really hope I don't get one letter wrong since I can't copy/paste it over, and then finally submit it.

    If the report function wasn't such a convoluted mess, I'd be perfectly fine with hitting the report button and letting BHVR deal with it but it's not.

    Agreed. I too don't like how the system is set up on console. I have to literally grab my laptop, log into the website and then manually enter a ton of information that can just be pulled from the match data by us pressing a button like you said. Now I know on console, we only have a button to press so I'm not sure if they receive all the data, but adding a description section at least so we can fill in what we are reporting to be more accurate would be sufficient. PC players have this option. Not sure why us console players can't. But if they are already pulling data from matches, then they should be able to pull information like when a player moves faster than they are capable of, instantly healing, moving through areas that a player should not be able to move through such as walls or the floor, ect. As someone who's worked with automated error reporting and quality & assurance, this is possible.

    I currently work in insurance and there are system generated errors when we process endorsements, quotes and renewals, and we have to check the error reports daily to correct them. it's all data driven, identifying when things are trying to process outside the boundaries that are laid out by the system. In short, I completely agree. It's not the player's job to always be reporting bugs, cheating, ect. If I wanted to do that, I should be getting paid as a tester since it's their job to identify issues and help resolve them. It really makes me wonder if Behavior has game testers that test the game in a live setting rather than a controlled environment. It would be easy. Play the game, identify issues, send in a ticket, assist in resolving the issue by testing patches on a test server, once released, test in live environment and repeat. If they don't, I highly recommend they do. It'd probably save a lot of headaches from this community. Plus players could report issues as well and the devs can take the match data and verify as well. But there would definitely be a lot less players having to report incidents.